Police chief orders Big Joke transferred to inactive post

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

So you pretend to speak for "most of us"? On what base?

But even if: I prefer playing by the rules and be a welcomed guest without problems here instead of whimpering around and complaining about the bad bad IOs.

I'm sorry for those living here since many years and now have problems to stay. But it's not their country, it is the thai's. They make the rules here.

And by the way: If you and "most of us" don't want me here, who cares as long as the Thais do.

Really the elite Thai/Chinese military/monarchical network's country - as the recent Thai elections have just shown the average Somchai/ Nok have f"all stake in this country except for their sweated labour and craven obedience. 

Maybe someone in higher circles was worried about their job, at one stage he was moving that fast in the promotion ladder I was going to suggest he could become the next PM. Will be interesting to find out if we ever do why he was made inactive. Let’s hope these new crazy extension of stay rules are reversed there was nothing wrong with the old system , if it’s not broken don’t try and fix it.

3 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Really the elite Thai/Chinese military/monarchical network's country

That's general knowledge as any other country is controlled by a small and selfish elite. It's just a bit more evidently in Thailand.

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

Google Thaivisa big joke tight lipped.  Since it is a Thaivisa link I think OK to share it. 

Naughty boy he was, to say the elections were rigged. 

It's equivalent to joining the opposite camp, whose leader is currently investigated for sedition.

7 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Did he say that? As far as I Know he just said the counting system was hacked. 

Well true, but it still destroys the credibility of fair elections.

This in the context where the coalition of pro democratic parties (Future Forward, Pheu Thai and the others) is about to overthrow the Army, claiming they have 255 seats already.

It's safe to say most of us are going good riddance to big joke.

For a 49 year old, I would say it's going to be very hard for him to survive the 3 ribbon Bangkok Hilton. A bit sad this is his end.

He drank too much of his own kool aid.

Kill one, scare a hundred thousand.

You guys keep asking all the wrong question, who is big enough to put the clamp on big joke, if you can answer that then you have solved the riddle. Where is one of the boys married to a hi-so who would know

There is some more recent interesting material also (published today), on NY Times, cannot link it because of certain paragraphs.

Google is our friend: "thai election suspicions new york times"

Oh and before I go bottom line he was never going to be in that job forever they routinely get transferred to their next assignments regardless of why he was transferred.  He’s not the first Immigration Chief and I assure you that his replacement will not be the last one either.  So everyone ought to relax about it.  
Get yaself a few beers, you must be burnt out!!!!
[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

Maybe someone in higher circles was worried about their job, at one stage he was moving that fast in the promotion ladder I was going to suggest he could become the next PM. Will be interesting to find out if we ever do why he was made inactive. Let’s hope these new crazy extension of stay rules are reversed there was nothing wrong with the old system , if it’s not broken don’t try and fix it.

Big Joke was involved but he wasn't the only one coming up with the new rules, they are famous for their committees. Keep praying for the impossible.

3 hours ago, Jim7777 said:

Oh and before I go bottom line he was never going to be in that job forever they routinely get transferred to their next assignments regardless of why he was transferred.  He’s not the first Immigration Chief and I assure you that his replacement will not be the last one either.  So everyone ought to relax about it.  

Well, he is one of the first if not the very first Immigration Chief in Thailand that has been removed after just 6-7 months so yes - the suspicion of irregularities seems to be  justified -  Whether this transfer is based on his own irregularities or others' remains to see ... :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Knowing the real story I actually feel sorry for the guy and it has nothing to do with his immigration policies. 

It is hard for me to imagine you would know the real story being a foreigner and not rubbing elbows with Thailands elite.  This is a closed society that doesn't like foreigners getting involved in their business. 

7 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

It is hard for me to imagine you would know the real story being a foreigner and not rubbing elbows with Thailands elite.  This is a closed society that doesn't like foreigners getting involved in their business. 

That segment of Thai society is impossible for most Thai's to decipher, let alone farangs.

This has been pretty non existent on TV news, which we watch every day, so I would suggest it has nothing to do with the job he was doing, but he must  certainly have  pis**sed off someone important

17 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

No, get involved in the community. Be a pleasant farang for the Thais to get to know. Get involved in their culture. By showing you are there to be a "good farang" that obeys the laws will possible help with the way new laws related to farangs will be written. Too many loser farangs there. That needs to stop.

(In best Satchmo voice:)

”Ah promise to be real good from now on, Massa Somchai!”

13 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Wishful thinking of the chattering pats aside, all changes will remain on the books. Agreed. Although CM IO for one might sink back to their bad old ways, heh

However, that might be it for a while. At least one group is not happy that revenue streams are diminishing. No matter how you spin it the general economy has been in a malaise for some years now, (boy they have tried to spin that out of existence) then Phuket, Pattaya and CM have had bad tourist years. At least in one of those towns, if not more, there is an apartment/condo glut. No matter deadbeats or not, I know a few Pats who have left and more that plan on it. They were all renting apartments and condos. No Chinese are waiting to move in. Go figure huh? 

And then likely a number of industries depend on illegal Cambo, Myanmar and Indian/Pakistani.

At some point a line was drawn, a plan was hatched.

Note to Self - double up on the Microwave popcorn I was buying for the Songkhran Breaking Bad Binge fest. :thumbsup:

Moral of the story: When you go on a fishing expedition, be careful not to cast too wide a net.

On 4/6/2019 at 3:20 AM, phuketrichard said:

does this mean all the crazy new rules regarding extensions will be reversed?

On 4/6/2019 at 3:30 AM, Peterw42 said:

Maybe not reversed but hopefully put in a locked filing cabinet in a storage room somewhere and ignored.

That would be heaven sent. 

Okay I just spoke to an old friend of mine who works at the Embassy that I used to work with in Tokyo and I got some more definitive news about the rumors from a friend of mine in Bangkok who works in the Intelligence Community at the United States Embassy who obviously I can’t name.  I still know a few people in those positions because of my old job I’ve only been retired for 5 years and apparently it sounds like he really did step on his you know what pretty hard, in fact he not only stepped on it but he jumped up and down on it multiple times.  In other words it sounds pretty bad for him and it could be worse than just a “transfer” pending an investigation, but even this information is not 100% confirmed.  

What is confirmed is that he was in fact relieved of duty for cause and yes it would be against the rules here to discuss the details for sure based on what I was told by my very reliable source on the phone an hour ago.  Getting relieved for cause basically means that you got yourself in some hot water and that is at the minimum confirmed that he was relieved which is basically like getting fired except in the government getting fired means transferred somewhere else until they figure out what to do with you.  It’s not that much different in the United States Government I’ve seen very similar things happen with US government employees before I retired as far as getting relieved or recalled and transferred somewhere else until they could pull their security clearance.  It was like that in the United States Military as well sometimes depending on how serious of trouble the person was in.  

So that means that at the minimum it’s confirmed that his “transfer” has absolutely nothing to do with his job performance or immigration meaning that it’s highly unlikely that any new immigration policies will ever change anytime soon or ever regardless of who replaces him.  And honestly I’m glad because I like the current immigration rules just fine the way they are, I have a great system prepared now and I would not want the rules to change.  

Oh and by the way there maybe A LOT MORE to it then what the current rumors circulating around are saying, let’s just say some pretty damn serious accusations against a particular “person” who’s name shall not be mentioned because of the rules about what you’re allowed to say about certain people.  I have not mentioned any names and the information is reliable it might not be totally true what I was told but he was most definitely transferred because he got in trouble that information is at least definitive.  So yeah it’s definitely way beyond political.  Man if only I could discuss the details of what I was told by a reliable source it would surprise a lot of people, I’m not surprised by anything anymore because I’ve pretty much seen it all.  

On 4/6/2019 at 5:12 PM, Artisi said:

"No reason has yet been given for the transfer."  unlikely it will ever be given, however, don't let that get in the way of speculation....  let me start the ball rolling - toes trodden-on.

Let me see, what about corruption or bribes?

52 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

That segment of Thai society is impossible for most Thai's to decipher, let alone farangs.

This has been pretty non existent on TV news, which we watch every day, so I would suggest it has nothing to do with the job he was doing, but he must  certainly have  pis**sed off someone important

Read my last post.  I can assure you that the Thai media will stay as far away from this story as possible if everything my point of contact told me is even half true.  If it’s even half true this particular person could potentially be looking at prison.  I’m actually a little disappointed because I really didn’t have a problem with the guy, I actually kind of liked him because the new immigration policies make things easier for me in my personal situation.  But at least it’s not looking like those policies will ever change anytime soon.  Although I didn’t like the way this person treated a few alleged victims a while back besides that I had no problem with the man.  

14 minutes ago, bander said:

Let me see, what about corruption or bribes?

Oh man it’s much worse than that if what my POC told me is even half true.  It’s got nothing to do with his job I at least know that much.  

15 minutes ago, Jim7777 said:

Okay I just spoke to an old friend of mine who works at the Embassy that I used to work with in Tokyo and I got some more definitive news about the rumors from a friend of mine in Bangkok who works in the Intelligence Community at the United States Embassy who obviously I can’t name.  I still know a few people in those positions because of my old job I’ve only been retired for 5 years and apparently it sounds like he really did step on his you know what pretty hard, in fact he not only stepped on it but he jumped up and down on it multiple times.  In other words it sounds pretty bad for him and it could be worse than just a “transfer” pending an investigation, but even this information is not 100% confirmed.  

What is confirmed is that he was in fact relieved of duty for cause and yes it would be against the rules here to discuss the details for sure based on what I was told by my very reliable source on the phone an hour ago.  Getting relieved for cause basically means that you got yourself in some hot water and that is at the minimum confirmed that he was relieved which is basically like getting fired except in the government getting fired means transferred somewhere else until they figure out what to do with you.  It’s not that much different in the United States Government I’ve seen very similar things happen with US government employees before I retired as far as getting relieved or recalled and transferred somewhere else until they could pull their security clearance.  It was like that in the United States Military as well sometimes depending on how serious of trouble the person was in.  

So that means that at the minimum it’s confirmed that his “transfer” has absolutely nothing to do with his job performance or immigration meaning that it’s highly unlikely that any new immigration policies will ever change anytime soon or ever regardless of who replaces him.  And honestly I’m glad because I like the current immigration rules just fine the way they are, I have a great system prepared now and I would not want the rules to change.  

Oh and by the way there maybe A LOT MORE to it then what the current rumors circulating around are saying, let’s just say some pretty damn serious accusations against a particular “person” who’s name shall not be mentioned because of the rules about what you’re allowed to say about certain people.  I have not mentioned any names and the information is reliable it might not be totally true what I was told but he was most definitely transferred because he got in trouble that information is at least definitive.  So yeah it’s definitely way beyond political.  Man if only I could discuss the details of what I was told by a reliable source it would surprise a lot of people, I’m not surprised by anything anymore because I’ve pretty much seen it all.  

Ha ha another friend of a friend of a friend in a high profile career with a hotline that knows what happened. To funny!!!

9 minutes ago, Jim7777 said:

Wow, sounds like you know what's going on but are not allowed to write it. I believe TV desktop detectives are on the case already it will be solved during the night for sure.

1 hour ago, GinBoy2 said:

I was thinking the same thing, either a higher ranking officer or a politician.

Archived