Police chief orders Big Joke transferred to inactive post

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, roo860 said:

Get yaself a few beers, you must be burnt out!!!!
emoji6.png

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Actually I did and I called an old friend of mine who works at the United States Embassy that I used to work with in Tokyo and just read my post above turns out it might be worse than what the rumors are saying about it.  

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, bander said:

Wow, sounds like you know what's going on but are not allowed to write it. I believe TV desktop detectives are on the case already it will be solved during the night for sure.

I don’t know 100% but it’s not sounding good if it’s even half true.  

9 minutes ago, madmen said:

Ha ha another friend of a friend of a friend in a high profile career with a hotline that knows what happened. To funny!!!

No actually a former coworker from Japan and there’s nothing funny about it at all if it’s even half true.  

24 minutes ago, Jim7777 said:

Actually I did and I called an old friend of mine who works at the United States Embassy that I used to work with in Tokyo and just read my post above turns out it might be worse than what the rumors are saying about it.  

Keep taking your Meds dude cos you are boring me to death.

33 minutes ago, bander said:

Wow, sounds like you know what's going on but are not allowed to write it. I believe TV desktop detectives are on the case already it will be solved during the night for sure.

It might be something that involves children and I don’t think I would want to discuss some of the details I was told by my former coworker even if the local laws allowed me to.  It actually might be a much sadder story than what people think.  I’m not joking either at first I thought it was just a routine transfer or just political issues until I made a phone call earlier tonight.  Turns out it looks like I was wrong after all if you read my posts from a lot earlier you’ll see what I mean, boy was I wrong.  But the good news is even though there’s nothing good about it is that at least it has absolutely nothing to do with his job performance or policies so everything should remain the same for the foreseeable future at least.  

And honestly I don’t know for sure about all the details, the information is reliable and it definitely had nothing to do with his work and he is definitely in trouble but the information I was told is still being assessed.  It’s still pretty early in the game.  Not to mention that my former coworker isn’t allowed to tell me exactly everything she knows because it’s concerning the collection of information and I don’t work with them anymore or have access to their secure networks anymore.  I retired 5 years ago so of course I don’t have all the answers but now I do have a much better idea of what actually happened.  

And of course I’m not allowed to write the details no one is because of forum rules and because of Thailand’s defamation laws regarding government officials!!!

17 minutes ago, Jim7777 said:

No actually a former coworker from Japan and there’s nothing funny about it at all if it’s even half true.  

So, a former coworker in the spook business is gossiping to you about what would be restricted info on something the Thais would be keeping under wraps, for you to gossip about on an Internet forum ? If all that was even one quarter true neither of you should ever have had a security clearance for even low level stuff.

The alternative of course is that you are just another internet Walter Mitty, BS-ing your ass off.

20th floor is obviously the Twilight Zone, for any Thai official trying to help farangs in any way shape or form. Bring back The Jokester. And they turned his direct line off lol, who would have thought, in this land of peace and democracy. Long live Big Joke

4 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Keep taking your Meds dude cos you are boring me to death.

If what I was told is even half true and if the story ever gets out I assure you that you will not be bored by it.  It might not come out I don’t know this seems like something that the Thais would want to keep quiet unless he’s actually charged.  If so then you might be reading about it in the news soon and you’re gonna say to yourself “okay maybe that dude wasn’t so crazy after all”.  Just wait and see even if the whole story doesn’t come out people do talk and I’m certain you’ll hear about it at least some of it.  I don’t know all the details but what I was told sounds horrible.  

If you read my earlier posts I thought it was something political or a routine transfer and BOY WAS I WRONG!  You’ll see.  

9 minutes ago, MikeN said:

So, a former coworker in the spook business is gossiping to you about what would be restricted info on something the Thais would be keeping under wraps, for you to gossip about on an Internet forum ? If all that was even one quarter true neither of you should ever have had a security clearance for even low level stuff.

The alternative of course is that you are just another internet Walter Mitty, BS-ing your ass off.

I'm with you on that one mate, what a plonker Rodney ???? 

3 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

I will bet that somehow he 'crossed' (offended) the 'JUNTA'...........

if he has stepped on the wrong toes, then the pyramid of all those who were under him, will be his weakness...  

he may just find how it is/was to be in Yingluck's shoes; regarding how the buck always stops with the boss, if those below have been up to no good... 

imagine that! BJ gains an empathy for Yingluck! 

but then maybe he already did?

51 minutes ago, MikeN said:

People talk man, more than you know.  Everyone talks.  Of course she couldn’t tell me everything she just summarized it and didn’t go into all the details as far as sources and methods and other things.  So no I don’t know the whole story but from what little she did tell me it’s pretty damn bad.  Just wait and see if it comes out in the news.  There are ways of talking around certain things that you’re not allowed to talk about.  

And I haven’t “gossiped” at all if I write what I was told then I’d be in violation of Thailand’s defamation laws regarding government officials and probably forum rules as well.  

I was responding to this earlier and at first I thought the whole thing was just BS and just a routine transfer or something to do with politics but man was I wrong.  Obviously I would not discuss sensitive information online from my former coworker even if I knew anything sensitive, but she didn’t tell me anything classified she just gave me the broke down version of the story which A LOT of regular people besides me probably already know.  I never said that I’m the only one who knows about it, but I can say that it sounds a hell of a lot worse than what the circulating rumors are saying.  I assure you that lot of people have heard what I have but it’s still early in the game.  

You’ll see just wait a day or two and I’m sure it’ll at least be all over the foreign news networks online at least from outside of Thailand.  It’s not a secret dude but they are trying to keep it somewhat quiet at least for now anyway but I don’t think that’ll last long.  There’s nothing secret about it overall it’s just a bit hush hush right now and I assure you that I’m not the only person who knows there are probably people on this forum who might know more about it than I.  I never claimed to have secret information about it just a little bit of insider information about it which I’m sure others know about as well. I can’t possibly be the only one who has heard the ugly truth or at least some of it is true at least it’s still not fully assessed yet so no I don’t know everything about it but I know enough more than I wanted to know that’s for sure.  And yes they do collect information on the local government including allied countries but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s all secret.  Stuff like this is unclassified//confidential at best just the way they found out is classified and no obviously she didn’t tell me those details of course not.  

41 minutes ago, Jim7777 said:

More than I thought at first that’s for sure.  

Man, is that what the Americans told you? Cos i spoke to someone directly at Kremlin (on the red phone itself), and they are presenting a different version of events.

3 hours ago, Jim7777 said:

Okay I just spoke to an old friend of mine who works at the Embassy that I used to work with in Tokyo and I got some more definitive news about the rumors from a friend of mine in Bangkok who works in the Intelligence Community at the United States Embassy who obviously I can’t name.  I still know a few people in those positions because of my old job I’ve only been retired for 5 years and apparently it sounds like he really did step on his you know what pretty hard, in fact he not only stepped on it but he jumped up and down on it multiple times.  In other words it sounds pretty bad for him and it could be worse than just a “transfer” pending an investigation, but even this information is not 100% confirmed.  

What is confirmed is that he was in fact relieved of duty for cause and yes it would be against the rules here to discuss the details for sure based on what I was told by my very reliable source on the phone an hour ago.  Getting relieved for cause basically means that you got yourself in some hot water and that is at the minimum confirmed that he was relieved which is basically like getting fired except in the government getting fired means transferred somewhere else until they figure out what to do with you.  It’s not that much different in the United States Government I’ve seen very similar things happen with US government employees before I retired as far as getting relieved or recalled and transferred somewhere else until they could pull their security clearance.  It was like that in the United States Military as well sometimes depending on how serious of trouble the person was in.  

So that means that at the minimum it’s confirmed that his “transfer” has absolutely nothing to do with his job performance or immigration meaning that it’s highly unlikely that any new immigration policies will ever change anytime soon or ever regardless of who replaces him.  And honestly I’m glad because I like the current immigration rules just fine the way they are, I have a great system prepared now and I would not want the rules to change.  

Oh and by the way there maybe A LOT MORE to it then what the current rumors circulating around are saying, let’s just say some pretty damn serious accusations against a particular “person” who’s name shall not be mentioned because of the rules about what you’re allowed to say about certain people.  I have not mentioned any names and the information is reliable it might not be totally true what I was told but he was most definitely transferred because he got in trouble that information is at least definitive.  So yeah it’s definitely way beyond political.  Man if only I could discuss the details of what I was told by a reliable source it would surprise a lot of people, I’m not surprised by anything anymore because I’ve pretty much seen it all.  

Oh my.. head is spinning, did you work for Clowns In America?

Lots of useless BS there..

I heard he wouldn´t do a doggy with Poo Yai Prawit, his good friend, or whatever they are. Weird country this, make´s The Sopranos look like a boring afternoon Soap..

????

many of the large numbers of immigrants are used by construction and service companies and I suspect at one point or another those companies complained as it hurts their profits too much.  Low paid workers are just one facet of the illegal immigration issue. 

25 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

many of the large numbers of immigrants are used by construction and service companies and I suspect at one point or another those companies complained as it hurts their profits too much.  Low paid workers are just one facet of the illegal immigration issue. 

Especially seen in the light of the history that Thailand among many other countries are actually created using underpaid immigrants ...

On 4/6/2019 at 9:14 PM, boonrawdcnx said:

Apparently Big Joke has been arrested at the Pullman hotel last night the hotel is owned by King Power.

His computer was seized - and that is all one can report here...........or else !

Also found locked in the room were a black eagle, an x-ray machine and more than 800 disoriented outlaw foreigners...

Here it is Monday morning and the Bangkok Post, a national newspaper, has not published today even one printed word on Big Joke.  I looked over all possible Headings, like Politics, Crime, Recent News, Top Headlines, etc and i found NO information, neither current nor recent news.

Big Joke has been scrubbed from the Thai vocabulary. 

Would you call this 'self-censorship', political repression, or National Harmony?

1 minute ago, chingmai331 said:

Here it is Monday morning and the Bangkok Post, a national newspaper, has not published today even one printed word on Big Joke.  I looked over all possible Headings, like Politics, Crime, Recent News, Top Headlines, etc and i found NO information, neither current nor recent news.

Big Joke has been scrubbed from the Thai vocabulary. 

Would you call this 'self-censorship', political repression, or National Harmony?

I think the BP ran that story on Saturday 

Archived