Police chief orders Big Joke transferred to inactive post

Jonathan Fairfield

7 hours ago, fusion58 said:

Moral of the story: When you go on a fishing expedition, be careful not to cast too wide a net.

I am sure he was told to do exactly what he did. At one time this was the mission. He became too zealous in pursuing it. Then again perhaps how it affects the money stream was not fully appreciated either. All of this should be remembered by all the happy chattering pats out there, but won’t.

Stepping on too many influential toes, disrupting m money streams, making himself too great in the Process. I’m sure he got warnings but …. By then his head was swelling up pretty big and he did not listen.

There is of course one thing we do not know about, and cannot talk about, however I believe the above definitely played a factor.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, chingmai331 said:

Here it is Monday morning and the Bangkok Post, a national newspaper, has not published today even one printed word on Big Joke.  I looked over all possible Headings, like Politics, Crime, Recent News, Top Headlines, etc and i found NO information, neither current nor recent news.

Big Joke has been scrubbed from the Thai vocabulary.  

Would you call this 'self-censorship', political repression, or National Harmony? 

Posting a link is not allowed, so search for this on Google: 'Big Joke' transferred to police HQ

The way i see it is, if he upset the conglomerates, he would have gone down in a different way.

He is being "erased".

So he must have upset the military. And what could upset them is their own loyal members siding with various other factions, which could lead to others switching sides and them losing power.

Just saying.

On 4/6/2019 at 8:08 PM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

He is to cease all his other work

What was his "other work"? Something outside of Immigration?

Other senior persons in the RTP didn't like him doing their job for them (because they couldn't or wouldn't)? ???? As Artisi suggested "toes trodden on"!

22 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

I don't care "big joke" what interests me now, what immigration will ask foreigners with the new bad rules in the next 8 days ?

Same as before most likely. Let's not forget who ordered the crackdown in the first place: 

20 hours ago, rexall said:

Err, yourself.  U.S., UK, Canada (?), Denmark (any more?) do not issue income affidavits. 

They are still being accepted if less than 6 months old from these Embassies. Letters from other Embassies will continue to be accepted. The Embassies themselves made the decision to stop issuing from the end of last year. What had that got to do with BJ? He certainly did not control foreign Embassies.

You need to get your facts straight. 

On 4/6/2019 at 6:18 PM, Peterw42 said:

He has messed up most of our lives with these stupid new immigration rules, that don't achieve anything, how is that doing a good job ???

Just following orders. A better question is why he was removed. 

lots of people think he stood on his bosses toes but I thought he made things more difficult to get a visa, and consequently pushed many honest people down the path that leads to using Agents if he wanted to stop the

bad guys why did he not ban agents altogether? instead he made them more expensive, and even more bold (now advertising on ''Lite'' Facebook

so yer really got them on the run, they declare any visa takes three days anywhere in Thailand  but you need a non imm o and two pictures, so that's a crackdown?)

the crackdown was on the genuine punters. and the cause was increase the revenue stream. I doubt any one cared about the problems this caused the Farangs

you have to remember Thailand can be like a big school playground with

very easily upset Kids, and if you have not got the connections you will be

punished for any perceived slight. 

I of course have no idea what's behind this change, but several of the Thais I've talked to suggest that he had been getting too much press and gotten too high a personal profile so higher ups felt the need to cut him down to size.  None of them seemed to think it was anything unusual.

3 minutes ago, fullcave said:

Just following orders. A better question is why he was removed. 

He signed the new orders. that is issuing orders not following orders.

7 hours ago, Jim7777 said:

I was responding to this earlier and at first I thought the whole thing was just BS and just a routine transfer or something to do with politics but man was I wrong.

glad that at last you have seen the light

a simple apology would have been enough

What get's my goat, are those posters who glibly add "+quote" of previous 15 paragraph diatribe of speculation, gossip from his former 'in the know' operatives who were sworn to secrecy on pain of death blah blah ..... meaning I have to scroll needlessly through the same shit repeatedly, just to read the next point! Edit your quotes please, !!
Please leave your goat out of it, don't need any more rumours!
[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 hours ago, MikeN said:

So, a former coworker in the spook business is gossiping to you about what would be restricted info on something the Thais would be keeping under wraps, for you to gossip about on an Internet forum ? If all that was even one quarter true neither of you should ever have had a security clearance for even low level stuff.

The alternative of course is that you are just another internet Walter Mitty, BS-ing your ass off.

You do realise the guy has been here FIVE years and before that visited for 11 years. He has clearly put in several full tours on a barstool so you should be grateful he is posting here (even if he does need to go on a 'clear writing' course).

There has been some speculation, and speculation is all we have unless we have friends at the Embassy, that Hakparn was seen to have overstepped his station on the Rahaf al-Qunun and the Hakeem Al Araibi situations, causing Thailand to look bad on the international front, and creating problems with foreign potentates.

I did also see an article about corruption charges being brought, dating from 2015 which had previously been glossed over. But I can't find that article now.

It will be interesting to see if Hakparn shows up at work tomorrow? 

7 hours ago, Jim7777 said:

There are ways of talking around certain things that you’re not allowed to talk about.  

You’ll see just wait a day or two and I’m sure it’ll at least be all over the foreign news networks 

So you claim inside information and in a few days it will be in the news. Then for your credibility  "talk around " it. 

8 hours ago, Jim7777 said:

If you read my earlier posts I thought it was something political or a routine transfer and BOY WAS I WRONG!  You’ll see.

You have finally seen the light ???? 

Well done, now you see the point we were trying to make ...................................................

21 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

It's very unclear (at least to me) on what is happening and why :ermm:

Even on Thai websites, some still say it could be a "break" before a promotion :mellow: but those who are not Thailand-hosted (like on Facebook, Twitter...) seems to say it could be far worse than an inactive post at the RTP Headquarter: on decision of the person at the top, something like a small room with bars on window... :blink:

And a regulation hair cut

quite a bit of coverage on Channel 7 news this morning.  All they kept showing was the letter from the Police Chief sending him off to another post.  No real facts came out, and being a holiday today here would not expect much further info.

Bangkok Post have not updated their first report either. Kicked into the long grass?

Apparently in addition to his extraordinary ability to solve problems in everyone else’s department in addition to his own, his  his rise to fame was also due to his father’s (also a cop) connections to Gen Prawit and before him to Snoh Tienthong. There are posts in Thai on YouTube linking him to corruption scandals in Isaan and Phuket, the investigations into which were mysteriously halted. He must have crossed a few people on the way up and now something had come back to bite him. Seems like only yesterday nothing stood between him and the top police job. Now he’s history and an illustration of the connection between hubris and nemesis in Greek tragedy, ie pride comes before a fall.

Archived