Police chief orders Big Joke transferred to inactive post

Jonathan Fairfield

On 4/6/2019 at 5:43 PM, OJAS said:

Is that where all cops transferred to inactive posts end up? If so, then Building One looks like being in increasing danger of collapse!

I thought the cops being transferred to inactive posts were put in these wee boxes at the traffic light junctions.

10 minutes ago, attrayant said:
1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

His transfer had nothing to do with immigration.  That is important because his transfer signals no immigration change at all. 

Even is that's true, a new commissioner will be appointed and will likely want to start playing with all the knobs and switches.  It's not out of the realm of possibilities that policies could change again

Agreed. Even if his downfall was not related to Immigration he has caused lots of confusion and extra work across the immigration department. Few at immigration are happy and I think all the senior career officers will push a new head to clean up the mess rather than make more. Predictable by Thai standards. The new head will not be there long and won't want to sit on a total mess. 

2 minutes ago, garyk said:

No, but the 100's of thousands of expats that brush off Thailand as a retirement destination in the future it will start to eat into the economy. And with a global session looming, Thailand will feel the pain, in a big way. Tourist numbers will start to fall, and expat dollars will dry up. Personally I would not invest a dime of my money in Thailand, as an expat or an investor.

What 100's of thousands. 

The last of figures showed less than a hundred thousand it thereabouts in total once the SEA workers were discounted from the total.

So it looks like, no 2nd day follow-up stories in the local media on the fate of BJ with additional details or comment from the man himself....

To me, the eerie official silence about that, with everyone unavailable for comment on Saturday, tends to suggest that what the outside Thailand sources have been reporting is likely the truth.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fforest1 said:

they’re not about to change it again when they are still in the middle of adjusting to the current changes.  

LOL......Dont make me laugh....They have been constantly changing immigration rule for a few years now.....So why would they care about slowing down now?.....

There have been many bad changes to immigration rules.....The sooner things change the better....

Nothing will ever change for the better, this is Thailand.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2019 at 5:12 PM, Artisi said:

"No reason has yet been given for the transfer."  unlikely it will ever be given, however, don't let that get in the way of speculation....  let me start the ball rolling - toes trodden-on.

plus a bit of jealousy thrown in

1 hour ago, fforest1 said:

Actually you dont know jack about why he was transferred and neither does any one else...

Would it not be great if he was let go because they have big plans to loosen immigration policy...  

Thailand loosening immigration policy :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Edited by possum1931

1 minute ago, JustAnotherHun said:

So you pretend to speak for "most of us"? On what base?

But even if: I prefer playing by the rules and be a welcomed guest without problems here instead of whimpering around and complaining about the bad bad IOs.

I'm sorry for those living here since many years and now have problems to stay. But it's not their country, it is the thai's. They make the rules here.

And by the way: If you and "most of us" don't want me here, who cares as long as the Thais do.

No ifs about it pal, your username says it all. Just watch the "likes" piling up. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So it looks like, no 2nd day follow-up stories in the local media on the fate of BJ with additional details or comment from the man himself....

To me, the eerie official silence about that, with everyone unavailable for comment on Saturday, tends to suggest that what the outside Thailand sources have been reporting is likely the truth.

Yep, that's the strangest thing about this..the absolute silence and lack of follow up.

I did read that one journalist had been trying to call his phone for 2 hours but there was no answer.

There's been speculation in Thai media today that he was arranging colleagues transfers for under the table payments but no additional official information has been released.

Edited by akirasan