How much free time?

5 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

My life is now all free time, my time, not at the bidding of anyone else, bar Mrs P and she makes few demands on my time. It took me a good 18 months after retirement to realise that I am beholden to nobody, or to anything much and now, I'm never even sure what day of the week it is. I stick a postit on my office wall with my next 90 day report date and that's about  all that I have to worry about not missing, bar the yearly extension of stay date.   I don't wear my expensive retirement watch anymore, in fact, I don't even know where it is. There isn't a clock in the house. It gets light, the cat and and the puppy wake up, I follow.  It gets dark, the cat and the puppy go to sleep and I follow later.    Bliss. 

My wife wakes up at 5 and gets me up to make her Latte and breakfast after she's off and the dog is walked,  I go back to bed. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

goodness, I would hate your life.  Good that you do like it. 

I don't recall saying that I did ????

I am grateful that I have a life.

God willing, I can retire by 55 and be able to put my kids through foreign universities. Then I'll like my life!

Edited by Neeranam
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

How many hours of free time do you have?

Whatever as long as I have time for hobbies I don't really think about it, my Mrs wants me help sometimes and it's manyarna no problem.  

3 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Personally I have 24/7 to do what ever I choose to do. So all my time is free. However, I do like to have scheduled activities and a routine, but its all totally flexible and fluid dependent on circumstances and other peoples needs/wants in my family.

paragraphs such as these get you from regular member to moderator member

I am working if possible 6 month in a row offshore thats 12 on and 12 off and then 6 month at home, 

here I have my Garden with an Aquaponics System that takes ruff 3 hrs in the morning and 3 in the evening then a bit of cooking

the rest I am off, go for a ride with my bike or meet some friends.

Its pretty hard to put it in a time frame, but for the time home if I say 8 hrs I do what I need to do and 8 hrs what I want to do added 8 hrs sleep I come quite close, 

maybe it is just me, but the longer I stay here without a job, the more ridiculous it seems for me to take a teaching job here.  If I have to spend any more time keeping the Thais honest, I will likely need a work permit.

19 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I have 3 jobs, two kids, a wife and 3 dogs and a big garden.

I got 5 km 4 times a week. I am the member of various clubs. 

If I have spare time,  I like a game of poker, maybe 1 hour a week.

Three jobs? You will realize your life is short when you retired.

I have 3 jobs, two kids, a wife and 3 dogs and a big garden.

I got 5 km 4 times a week. I am the member of various clubs. 

If I have spare time,  I like a game of poker, maybe 1 hour a week.

I used to live in a cardboard box in middle of road....????

Edited by ianezy0
Forgot to add op