How much free time?

4 hours and 26 minutes of free time per week.

Last month I had to go to the doctor for a couple of hours for my quarterly check up.  Other than that I had 742 hours of free time.  How many hours of free time do you have?

sounds like you have too much free time 555

Currently spending 2 months RVing in the states.....After that it's free time with something less interesting to do....

We are talking about possibly up to 8 months a year meandering......

Seems like as soon as we hit the road it's time to put the RV/car back in dry dock & fly out.....

Neither of us are minglers, mixers, or joiners so this is easy for us....

Edited by pgrahmm

7 hours ago, whaleboneman said:

But why do you have an office?

I write a good deal, I also do academic research for a UK University and advise my former company on some matters.  All of these are not jobs,  they are hobbies and as I said in my original post, I am beholden to nobody and can stop one or all of them as i wish. Extremely freelance.  

Edited by Pilotman

17 hours ago, Nemises said:

Having money is the key to mastering retirement. Hard to get bored when you have enough money to travel to wherever you want, whenever you want and with whoever you want. I salute (feel sorry for?) those stuck in one place with the same person year after year.

I own my home and have enough money to buy whatever, whenever or travel, so money hasnt worked for me as the retirement tool. 12 months ago I was excited to kick back and suck up the easy life. It hasnt quite met my expectations.

I just feel that working in an enjoyable job is better that endless days where I feel like Im killing time. It helps that I work in different countrys, so my wife and I get an added travel and living bonus each time.

I own my home and have enough money to buy whatever, whenever or travel, so money hasnt worked for me as the retirement tool. 12 months ago I was excited to kick back and suck up the easy life. It hasnt quite met my expectations.

I just feel that working in an enjoyable job is better that endless days where I feel like Im killing time. It helps that I work in different countrys, so my wife and I get an added travel and living bonus each time.

Yes indeed...keep working if retirement is not for you. My point was that having enough money for freedom and frequent travel sure beats sitting around in the same location IF you ever do retire.