Tourists and Thais told: The Chief of Police cares about you this Songkran

webfact

Tourists and Thais told: The Chief of Police cares about you this Songkran

4pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A national police spokesman has told the media that chief of the Royal Thai Police Chakthip Chaijinda is concerned about the safety of tourists and Thai people returning to their homes this coming Songkran. 

Pol Col Krissana Pattanacharoen said that Gen Chakthip had ordered all officers under his command to look after tourists enjoying the festivities and Thais travelling home on the roads. 

Safety on the roads and the potential for crime at Songkran were his number one priorities.

The chief is concerned about the lives of everyone and the potential for damage to property. He also said that the police along with soldiers and people in the private sector would do their utmost to help and protect everyone during the traditional Thai New Year.

Word has come down from DPM and defense minister Gen Prawit Wonsuwon to crack down on drink driving, speeding and other illegality on the roads, reported Sanook in a story many would see as traditional pre-Songkran waffle, notes Thaivisa. 

As the exodus begins Pol Col Krissana urged drivers to check their vehicles and make sure they have had a good night's sleep. 

He said that there were plenty of ways to contact the cops if needed: Call 191, 1193 (Highway police) 1599, SMS 191 or the "Police I Lert u" site 24 hours a day.

He said that there would be crackdowns on crime claiming that 14,000 people had already been arrested on warrants during the 1st to 6th April.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-04-08
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Just curious, why does every government employee, teacher and bank teller have para wings

Got mine here in 2002 when we visited Pak Chong Army training base. Had to descend from a tower on a line - no big deal and certainly not as scary as many fairground rides ????

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

Got mine here in 2002 when we visited Pak Chong Army training base. Had to descend from a tower on a line - no big deal and certainly not as scary as many fairground rides ????

Some of the fat gutted Policemen you see around must come down pretty quickly with a big bump; very scary for them and they therefore think they have 'earned their wings' !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustAnotherHun said:
2 hours ago, Thechook said:

Just curious, why does every government employee, teacher and bank teller have para wings

There was a promotion at the market lately. 50THB/piece

50 Baht? I thought they were free with every packet of instant noodles.

Must be true - that's why the fat ones have more medals.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Let's hope that this time around it's not just all talk, and the casuality figures on the road go down. I am not holding my breath. 

Just by going on previous years' experience, it will be all talk.

Don't hold your breath, it might make you black out and cause an accident. At least I suppose it would be different from the usual brake failure, or tyre blow out.

10 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Let's hope that this time around it's not just all talk, and the casuality figures on the road go down.

If he'd manage this, he'd be awarded with a couple of Nobel prizes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

That's nice of him, I'll write that down on a dry leaf if I can find one.

If you live in one of the forest burning areas, you could wait until the mushrooms pop up. Plenty of space on them, in fact, according to the late Frank Zappa (RIP) you could write the lords prayer on the head of a pin (Billy the Mountain, Just  Another Band From LA).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:
4 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

If the RTP did it's job there would be no reason to be concerned.

Their job as they define it or their job as you define it?

The way most people would define it, then it would be pretty cool to see them doing their job.

If it was how the RTP define it, then sitting in an aircon office all day is pretty cool for them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

The way most people would define it, then it would be pretty cool to see them doing their job. If it was how the RTP define it, then sitting in an aircon office all day is pretty cool for them.

I can't tell you the number of times I heard my fellow employees say "That's not my job". When I became a manager I told them that saying that was a sackable offence. I didn't hear it much after that. But in my experience many people have a one-eyed view of what their own job, let alone somebody else's job, actually is

Edited by ThaiBunny

3 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Very true I also saw this at an army camp in Kanchanaburi the recruits slide down a line and recieved their wings also they had to pay 50 Baht.

2 minutes ago, cnx101 said:

Very true I also saw this at an army camp in Kanchanaburi the recruits slide down a line and recieved their wings also they had to pay 50 Baht.

An army 'camp' - was it full of conscript katoeys?

• Like 1

Yes the Chief if police must be concerned as he can't garantee anything. years of years passed, always the same procedure of the police: but the mindset in Thailand never changed. So killing each other on the road will go in, sri king and driving will go on! But dear thai police don't worry, next year same will go in and no changes and consequences will happen!