Songkran - sale of alcohol as usual?

AbeSurd

I thought I'd read in recent weeks that bans of alcohol sales during Songkran were possibly in the pipeline for Thailand generally. But I don't seem to have read anything about this recently. Maybe I imagined it.

Is it safe to assume alcohol will be on sale in Pattaya throughout Songkran as normal?

I’ve already stocked up just in case they do decide to ban it within the next few days for our whole family.  I bought two cases of Beer Lao, seven bottles of whiskey Hong Thong, and lots of other stuff just in case they decide to ban it and that should be more than enough for the whole family.  If anyone wants anything different they can just buy it at one of the mom and pop shops that’ll be selling it regardless of whether or not there’s a ban. I also bought a lot more water guns for everyone this year including a few high powered water guns.  So I’m ready for the water war and the fun.  I still need to write my 5 paragraph op order lol ????.  And my operational briefing lol ????.  

Edited by Jim7777

On 4/8/2019 at 12:51 PM, Kim J said:

"Is it safe to assume alcohol will be on sale in Pattaya throughout Songkran as normal"?

The word normal and Pattaya do not really belong in the same sentence. But in recent years there was restrictions placed upon such as street vendors and drink promotion companies selling alcohol at the festivities along Beach Rd, but it did not affect the bars.

What will happen this year? Unfortunat6ely despite what we might hear only time will tell.

"The word normal and Pattaya do not really belong in the same sentence."  Yes, perfect example of Oxymoron !