Three killed from fire at hotel in heart of Bangkok, says Bangkok governor

snoop1130

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What channel? I was just looking, and didn't see any live coverage on the TV news?

Maybe if you search enough online, you will be able to find an unpixilated video of the poor guy jumping to his death.

Do let us know if you get a 'kick' of watching someone die...????

6 hours ago, pogal said:

Firefighter friend at scene told me smoke detector didnt go off and sprinklers didn't go off (although I heard the sprinklers are manually controlled by management in case if false alarm or someone playing around)

our own (nameless) school has disconnected fire/sprinkler buttons around the school in case kids play with them. 

Not sure who's responsiblity it is to turn them on. We asked but no response from management a year ago. 

I suspect majority of condos, schools, etc have done the same thing. Very worrying.

10 years ago we lived in a big hotel in saphan kwai...one night at 3 am the firealarm went off and we run out.

There was no smoke, nothing....only angry hotelguests everywhere. They told us that some drunk brittish guys had pushed the firealarm switch because they thought that was funny.....don't know what happened to them.

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:30 PM, SkyNets said:

Very sad, this is the reason I would never buy a condo in asian/thailand , everybody beneathe you are using the cheapist electronics with no safety standards

Using that logic, you have NEVER stayed in any Asian/Thailand hotel room higher than the ground floor. Correct?

On 4/10/2019 at 11:30 PM, Just Weird said:

It wasn't a valid point, neither was your comment valid, this is about Thailand and Thailand is not a third world country.  "10-year lifespan on most condos in Thailand"?...nonsense.

Yes Th is not 3rd world...Maybe 4th at best...5th world mindset

From what we've heard from friends at Central, this quote from The Nation misses some key details.

".... but a staff member terrified by the blaze jumped out the window and died. Two others members of staff sustained some injuries.".

Apparently a Supervisor was making sure all his team were safely away from the fire, but he got caught on the wrong side of the flames and couldn't get to the exit.

I hope they look after his family.

Archived