Retirement visa

6 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

You will need to give more info, where you are etc, do you mean an extension based on retirement or an OA Retirement visa ? If the latter, that's available from your home country.

I'm in Bangkok and currently have non imm o based on marriage. I want to change to retirement visa,

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You cannot change visas.

If you are on a a 90 day entry from a non-o visa you could apply for a extension of stay based upon retirement at Chaeng Wattana immigration if you have a address for Bangkok.

tried it at Nonthaburi and chaeng wattana, will not extend as it is hand written on the visa page "for marriage"

1 hour ago, bootly66 said:

tried it at Nonthaburi and chaeng wattana, will not extend as it is hand written on the visa page "for marriage"

I believe you should make your life a little easier and just leave the country...short hop/long trip, your choice--if you can afford it, and start over again.  Get a Non-Imm. O/O-A based on Retirement, or a tourist VISA which can be turned into a Non-O once you get back. Short of that, I think you're hitting your head against a wall. Keep it simple and legal, and you'll be fine... 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mosan said:

I believe you should make your life a little easier and just leave the country...short hop/long trip, your choice--if you can afford it, and start over again.  Get a Non-Imm. O/O-A based on Retirement, or a tourist VISA which can be turned into a Non-O once you get back. Short of that, I think you're hitting your head against a wall. Keep it simple and legal, and you'll be fine... 

yes, this is my question... where to go as Savannaket don't issue retirement and i am not in time for booking appointment at vientienne

53 minutes ago, bootly66 said:

yes, this is my question... where to go as Savannaket don't issue retirement and i am not in time for booking appointment at vientienne

Savannakhet will issue a single entry non-o visa for being 50 or over for retirement.

You will need to show 800k baht in the bank or proof of 65k baht income. They want some proof you are retired.

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Savannakhet will issue a single entry non-o visa for being 50 or over for retirement.

You will need to show 800k baht in the bank or proof of 65k baht income. They want some proof you are retired.

ok, but I was told today by the visa agent that savannaket won't give retirement now ..only marriage

2 minutes ago, bootly66 said:

ok, but I was told today by the visa agent that savannaket won't give retirement now ..only marriage

They will certainly do a single entry non-o visa. It seems the agent did not know what he was talking about.

1 hour ago, bootly66 said:

I am pretty sure that you can get a 90 day Non-O SE (single entry) based on retirement in Savannakhet. You need proof of retirement and proof of financials.  The guy in the link, a3tsw, got a 1-year Non-O ME (multiple entry) based on retirement in Savannakhet earlier this year (which will require him to exit Thailand every 90 days).

If that doesn't work, simply reenter Thailand on a 30 day visa-exempt stamp.  Then immediately go to Chaeng Wattana and convert the visa-exempt stamp to a Non-O visa based on retirement. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SEtonal said:

I am pretty sure that you can get a 90 day Non-O SE (single entry) based on retirement in Savannakhet. You need proof of retirement and proof of financials.  The guy in the link, a3tsw, got a 1-year Non-O ME (multiple entry) based on retirement in Savannakhet earlier this year (which will require him to exit Thailand every 90 days).

If that doesn't work, simply reenter Thailand on a 30 day visa-exempt stamp.  Then immediately go to Chaeng Wattana and convert the visa-exempt stamp to a Non-O visa based on retirement. 

Thank you..

• Like 1

On 4/11/2019 at 2:58 PM, ubonjoe said:

They will certainly do a single entry non-o visa. It seems the agent did not know what he was talking about.

I don't understand their reasons but i have now been told by 4 visa agencies that savannaket will definitely not issue o visa based on retirement.... This is getting more confusing everyday..  Is it for certain that if i leave and come back 30 day visa exempt that i can apply for an "O" visa at Chaengwattana immigration??

12 minutes ago, bootly66 said:

Is it for certain that if i leave and come back 30 day visa exempt that i can apply for an "O" visa at Chaengwattana immigration??

You could apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry at a immigration office but must have at least 15 days remaining of 30 day entry or the 30 day extension of it.

You would not be able to apply at Chaeng Wattana immigration office. You would have to apply at Nonthaburi immigration.

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You could apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry at a immigration office but must have at least 15 days remaining of 30 day entry or the 30 day extension of it.

You would not be able to apply at Chaeng Wattana immigration office. You would have to apply at Nonthaburi immigration.

Many thanks to you sir...

What is the enter before date on your current Visa?

You need to leave Thailand on the last day, stay overnight, then return the following day in order to get a 30 day Visa exempt entry. If you return before the 'enter before' date you'll be given a further 90 days.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

He does not have a multiple entry visa. He is on a 90 day entry from single entry non-o visa.

Nowhere does the OP state he is on a single entry Non O based on marriage.

Typically these would be issued multi entry.

6 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Nowhere does the OP state he is on a single entry Non O based on marriage.

Typically these would be issued multi entry.

Yes, i have a 90 day entry from single entry non-o visa

• Thanks 1