Julian Assange arrested by British police at Ecuadorean embassy

Jonathan Fairfield

15 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

So now we are just waiting for US to ask for Julian's extradition. Or it might have already been agreed, that as soon as the British police has Julian, he will be handed over.....

UK,  Trumps lap dog.

Edited by malibukid
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, vinniekintana said:

Maybe he will be set free...who knows?

Standing trial in the US could be a $hitshow

Trump could do w/o it.

maybe he will have an "accident" on his way back.  surprised they did not pull a Koshoegi on him.

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Lucius verus said:

Very sad day all round.

Freedom of the press is almost extinct and the Thai army will be watching this fiasco in democratic London with interest.

Australian gov are cowards for not getting him out of the UK after renewing his passport.

They're more interested in grovelling to muslim refugees in distant airports than helping real Australians. Disgusting.

Assange will be extradited to USA courtesy of their British lapdogs.

What are the odds he will disappear into the vast prison system in USA and die away.

complaincy, the new world order

2 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Those who shine a light on the dark dealings of governments and their war machines should be heroes to the people, who are used as pawns for the power and profit of a class that holds common people in contempt.

I can't understand why any average joe would have anything bad to say about Assange.

Bravo! One of the few times I've ever agreed with w/you. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I haven't checked the entire thread but the Home Sec couldn't quite believe his ears when Abbot came out with this yesterday:

Here's an edited version inc his opening statement and subsequent reaction:

Edited by evadgib

I've come to this late, so I don't know what others have posted, but I hope this arrogant, self absorbed, narcissistic, terrorist  idiot gets locked up forever in a US jail. Probably not a popular view among some. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lucius verus said:

Very sad day all round.

Freedom of the press is almost extinct and the Thai army will be watching this fiasco in democratic London with interest.

Australian gov are cowards for not getting him out of the UK after renewing his passport.

They're more interested in grovelling to muslim refugees in distant airports than helping real Australians. Disgusting.

Assange will be extradited to USA courtesy of their British lapdogs.

What are the odds he will disappear into the vast prison system in USA and die away.

Your last sentence; here's hoping. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, malibukid said:

let's see if the UK will stand up against the U.S. on principle and deny the extradition request.

I sincerely hope not. get rid of him to the US asap and lock him up forever . 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5

Trump keeps everybody on a leash, it all adds up. Migrant caravan walking to the US composed of Ecuadorian people and others, Trump says it they don't stop he will cut all financial help to such countries.... a week later Ecuador revokes Assange refugee status next UK arrest Assange... it all makes sense

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, batata said:

Trump keeps everybody on a leash, it all adds up. Migrant caravan walking to the US composed of Ecuadorian people and others, Trump says it they don't stop he will cut all financial help to such countries.... a week later Ecuador revokes Assange refugee status next UK arrest Assange... it all makes sense

I don't often say this, but if what you think is true, then well done President trump. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, batata said:

The migrants are largely (entirely?) from Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador.  Those are also the only countries threatened with a cutoff of aid.

5 minutes ago, heybruce said:

The migrants are largely (entirely?) from Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador.  Those are also the only countries threatened with a cutoff of aid.

am sure they forgot to mention the Ecuadorians, they are there....... anyway, what do you call central & south america (latino) brotherhood

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, evadgib said:

I haven't checked the entire thread but the Home Sec couldn't quite believe his ears when Abbot came out with this yesterday:

Here's an edited version inc his opening statement and subsequent reaction:

I'm sure he was horrified that someone would 'stick up' for Assange revealing atrocities carried out by govts.......  But, I agree with some of her comments.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, malibukid said:

let's see if the UK will stand up against the U.S. on principle and deny the extradition request.

The UK has already invested over £10m on the operation to detain him in the UK. Why on God's name would they then turn around and deny the extradition request? Unless there is a radical change in government, he is going to be indicted. Assange's best hope is actually Trump quashing the whole thing which would be satisfying not only because it is morally right, but also to see the Brits £10m investment and seven years of hard work rendered meaningless because the mere whim of the overlord they did all this to please in the first place. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No.

I much prefer any common criminal who mans up turns up in court to face justice.

Assange has been hiding from the courts, he’s a coward.

That he has questions to answer wrt to his part in the Russian meddling in the 2916 US elections is a bit of a bonus to his arrest.

Breathtaking ignorance, even by this poster's standards...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Basil B said:

Solicitor acting for one of the Swedish women he aledgedly rapped is to ask the Swedish Police to reopen the case.

Ah, Justice speaks with her velvety tones yet again.  BELIEVE the woman.

So much for Justice for All.  Thank God for the victory of Kavanaugh.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, bkkgriz said:

Anyone who is cheering over the arrest of an actual journalist is nothing but a tribalist sheep. Funny how the left loved him when he was releasing information about the horrendous Bush administration, but when he released information about the just as criminal Dems and Killary Clinton, he was a monster.

There is no journalism anymore. Between fake news CNN or the New York Slimes or faux news Fox, people only get propaganda that push narratives and agendas.

It's a dark day for liberty and you cheer it. When the boot of authoritarianism stomps down on your throat will you still be cheering? 

Once again someone calls out the left for hypocrisy but not the right. Do you have the slightest recall of now the right regarded Chelsea Manning and his revelations about how the US lied about what it was up to in Iraq? Assange's offer of help to Manning is what he is currently being charged for?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Basil B said:

Solicitor acting for one of the Swedish women he aledgedly rapped is to ask the Swedish Police to reopen the case.

"Rapped"????   That's the trouble with these rappers...they tend to point out how our noble governments are spying on ....on the whole world, even good ol' Angela Merkel, whose phone was tapped (as we know, thanks to the likes of Assange and Snowden....

• Like 2
  • Sad 1