Julian Assange arrested by British police at Ecuadorean embassy

Jonathan Fairfield

I really can't get my head around why some you keep referring to him as a 'journalist'

From that 'beacon' of right wing propaganda, this is what real journalists had to say;

WikiLeaks has published its full archive of 251,000 secret US diplomatic cables, without redactions, potentially exposing thousands of individuals named in the documents to detention, harm or putting their lives in danger.

The move has been strongly condemned by the five previous media partners – the Guardian, New York Times, El Pais, Der Spiegel and Le Monde – who have worked with WikiLeaks publishing carefully selected and redacted documents.

"We deplore the decision of WikiLeaks to publish the unredacted state department cables, which may put sources at risk," the organisations said in a joint statement.

the full article is here:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2011/sep/02/wikileaks-publishes-cache-unredacted-cables

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

I really can't get my head around why some you keep referring to him as a 'journalist'

From that 'beacon' of right wing propaganda, this is what real journalists had to say;

WikiLeaks has published its full archive of 251,000 secret US diplomatic cables, without redactions, potentially exposing thousands of individuals named in the documents to detention, harm or putting their lives in danger.

The move has been strongly condemned by the five previous media partners – the Guardian, New York Times, El Pais, Der Spiegel and Le Monde – who have worked with WikiLeaks publishing carefully selected and redacted documents.

"We deplore the decision of WikiLeaks to publish the unredacted state department cables, which may put sources at risk," the organisations said in a joint statement.

the full article is here:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2011/sep/02/wikileaks-publishes-cache-unredacted-cables

Because The Guardian was so stupid to write the master password into a book. The files were all over the internet (coded) but after publishing the key the unredacted cables were available to everybody.

"The ACLU's point is vital: if the US can force the arrest and then extradite foreigners like Assange on foreign soil for publishing docs, what prevents China or Iran or, you know, Russia for doing the same to US journalists who publish secrets about them?"

- Glenn Greenwald

51 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

"The ACLU's point is vital: if the US can force the arrest and then extradite foreigners like Assange on foreign soil for publishing docs, what prevents China or Iran or, you know, Russia for doing the same to US journalists who publish secrets about them?"

- Glenn Greenwald

His extradition is subject to approval by a British court and must comply with British and European Human Rights law.

He’s not being extradited for publishing documents.

I’m sure you can find all sorts of emotive and hyperbole quotes in favour of Assange not facing justice, but you can’t dodge the fact he and the case against him is subject to open and transparent judicial process before British and European courts.

• Like 1