U.S. charges Assange after London arrest ends seven years in Ecuador embassy

webfact

9 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

how does a sleeping person can have sex without waking up

Quite, I give up.

More than a few posters have no idea as to the'rape' accusations - and even more are just convinced that Assange is a pro-russia supporter- rathe than a whistle blower....

On 4/12/2019 at 9:18 AM, dick dasterdly said:

It was obvious that this was going to happen, even though the authorities kept pretending otherwise.

As Assange said, "Told you so".

Somehow "I told you so" does not cut it anymore.

In was not clear from the previous articles, but now we know. Julian was arrested because of the extradition request by the US. Julian and other people in the know have been saying that for over 8 years now.

It was well known that US was preparing charges from the very beginning, just waiting for an opportunity to get Julian.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

Somehow "I told you so" does not cut it anymore.

In was not clear from the previous articles, but now we know. Julian was arrested because of the extradition request by the US. Julian and other people in the know have been saying that for over 8 years now.

It was well known that US was preparing charges from the very beginning, just waiting for an opportunity to get Julian.

Isn't that what I said?

49 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Quite, I give up.

More than a few posters have no idea as to the'rape' accusations - and even more are just convinced that Assange is a pro-russia supporter- rathe than a whistle blower....

Perhaps you should flip this and examine why you yourself are willing to back Farage not being tried in an open court of law before a jury.

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Perhaps you should flip this and examine why you yourself are willing to back Farage not being tried in an open court of law before a jury.

I've have no problems at all with Assange being tried for 'rape' in the uk - except they aren't 'charges' that would work in the uk.....  

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

I've have no problems at all with Assange being tried for 'rape' in the uk - except they aren't 'charges' that would work in the uk.....  

Isn't he being extradited under the European Arrest Warrant system which requires no proof from the extraditing state that an equivalent offence under UK law has been committed/ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Arrest_Warrant

5 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Isn't he being extradited under the European Arrest Warrant system which requires no proof from the extraditing state that an equivalent offence under UK law has been committed/ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Arrest_Warrant

Precisely....

The laws re. rape are entirely different in the uk - and he couldn't be charged on this account in the uk.....  And yet, he was for some obscure reason looking at extradition!!

And that's without getting into his constant claim that this was all about getting him extradited to the US- which has proven to be true.....

8 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

It was proven in court that equivalent offences in the UK exist , sexual offences act 2003

Just now, dick dasterdly said:

Precisely....

The laws re. rape are entirely different in the uk - and he couldn't be charged on this account in the uk.....  And yet, he was for some obscure reason looking at extradition!!

And that's without getting into his constant claim that this was all about getting him extradited to the US- which has proven to be true.....

Again you are wrong. Under UK law sex without consent is rape.

1 minute ago, cleopatra2 said:

Again you are wrong. Under UK law sex without consent is rape.

Very true, but this is not the case with Assange - unless you believe that he had sex with a sleeping woman (with whom he had previously had consensual sex) - without her waking up and being able to stop him....

But we're straying off topic - which is about the uk govt. pursuing and spending millions to stop Assange escaping on dubious Swedish charges.

He and his supporters proclaImed loudly that it was all about getting him extradited to the US - and this has proven to be the case......

3 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Very true, but this is not the case with Assange - unless you believe that he had sex with a sleeping woman (with whom he had previously had consensual sex) - without her waking up and being able to stop him....

The evidence to give warrant to the arrest has been examined by 2 courts in Sweden and UK courts during the hearings. 

The offences listed as described in UK court documents conform to criminal acts in UK law. Looking at the offence details it is clear , they would constitute an offence under sec75 sexual offences act.

This does not mean he guilty of the offences, however he should defend himself in court.

14 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

But we're straying off topic - which is about the uk govt. pursuing and spending millions to stop Assange escaping on dubious Swedish charges.

He and his supporters proclaImed loudly that it was all about getting him extradited to the US - and this has proven to be the case......

The Home Sec was asked about costs in the commons and replied along the lines of trying to recoup some/all from wikileaks/supporters of Assange. I cannot remember the exact wording but the die-hards will find it on YT or Hanzard.

Edited by evadgib

13 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Since he was being extradited so he could be questioned as to whether an offence had been committed ...

In Sweden , the charge comes at the end of the investigation, unlike UK where a suspect is charged earlier.

The Swedish courts had already issued an arrest warrant , prior to EAW

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

This does not mean he guilty of the offences, however he should defend himself in court.

Defend himself against what in court? He hasn't been charged with any crime. He's merely being extradited so as to answer questions by the Swedish prosecutor to determine whether charges should be laid.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

It is not about expense.

It is about a criminal trying to evade justice.

Like i said earlier the indictment is march 2018 , not 2010/2011

His defence expert witness  in court dismissed the idea that there was a risk of him being extradited to the US

On the risk of extradition , why would he think the UK would offer better protection than Sweden.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

The discussion is not abut the UK pursuing and opening millions to stop Assange escaping 'dubious' Swedish charges. 

But he is now very likely heading to the US where he will be tried in an open court before a jury.

He might in the meantime wind up being tried in Sweden too. 

He's wasted the best years of his life in a futile attempt to escape justice - It's straight out of the narcissist playbook, believing rules and laws don't apply to him.

18 hours ago, bristolboy said:

And once again you fail to acknowledge about how he was hated by the right for helping Chelsea Manning release secret military information disclosed some bruthal truths about US military involvement in Iraq & Afghanistan. In fact, right now,  the only charge the Trump administration has leveled against him has to do with him conspiring with Manning. 

No....I have stated that he has shown up both the left AND right. Do I really have to spell it out that blatantly for you??? 

4 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

But it's only the left that you go out of your way to insult.

In case you didnt read what I said...The left now control much of the narrative in the West....think the mass media, universities...etc etc... OF COURSE I am going to go after them if we take that into account.....and also, they are a bunch of overly sensitive pansies...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

In case you didnt read what I said...The left now control much of the narrative in the West....think the mass media, universities...etc etc... OF COURSE I am going to go after them if we take that into account.....and also, they are a bunch of overly sensitive pansies...

List the newspapers with the highest readership against political leaning.

Do the same with TV News channels and talk radio.

Then we’ll come back and discus the failings of right wing idiocy to gain a foothold in higher education.

22 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Quite, I give up.

maybe your expectations are to high... it's obvious the majority of the posts are posted for contradictory arguments regardless how important the matter is..... feel for you and understand your point

5 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

maybe your expectations are to high... it's obvious the majority of the posts are posted for contradictory arguments regardless how important the matter is..... feel for you and understand your point

Disagree as I think many posters really are so brainwashed by MSM, that they believe the rubbish they are spouting.....

• Like 2

On 4/12/2019 at 4:18 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

I doubt very much Trump wants Assange sitting in front of US prosecutors or giving evidence in a YS court.

Trump has in the past 24 hours claimed he knows nothing about Wikileaks. Odd that given the recorded public comments he has previously made.

Yea, you would think that with all the practice politicians have when it comes to telling lies they'd get good at it.