Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Bloody hell, Lobb, not available now either.

West Coast should try for Pearce Hanley as their number 1 target IMO.

I thought HOgan would consider West coast...They seem well run and supported...No way he would be considering the basket case that is Freo...Ross Lyons will have to change his coaching style...Fyfe is already out of there.

2 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

We'll thats a weight off my mind.....thank you rip...the merry go round didn't even start....last thing an emerging team who ever that may be needs is there most promising key position player up for a cash grab.....Says a lot about the mob that run the place now....finally the back room boys have there act together...

I don't reckon Melb will make finals next year...

Improvers for the 8?
Essendon
St Kilda
Gold Coast (they prob need a new coach again)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Xangsamhua said:

Brissie has a long road ahead...Difficult to seee them playng finals for years

4 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Thanks to Chimpy for sending me this picture of BookMan suffering through this years GF.

BookMan, have you lost weight?

ThailandFarang2.jpg

I have lost a few Kilos ,thanks for asking...

Your head looks very shiny there in the photo behind me.  Are u Vaseline-ing the noggin again?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, BookMan said:

Brissie has a long road ahead...Difficult to seee them playng finals for years

Will they be there in years to come? They have huge debt and declining support.

Perhaps an amalgamation with the Suns? 

Two AFL teams in the Brisbane-Gold Coast corridor has been a badly failed project, in my view.

Edited by Xangsamhua

39 minutes ago, Xangsamhua said:

Will they be there in years to come? They have huge debt and declining support.

Perhaps an amalgamation with the Suns? 

Two AFL teams in the Brisbane-Gold Coast corridor has been a badly failed project, in my view.

I'm with you.

I can't see 2 teams surviving there.

• Like 1

Given the imminent departure of trade bait Tommy Mitchell and the talk of Breust being the bait for Hawthorn, I think Sydney gets involved in this one....

I can see Breust fitting in quite well in Bondi, it would suit his lifestyle and would allow future brownlow medal winner Heeney to move into the mid-field and really get noticed by the Umpires so he can - as we all know he should - realise his potential.. Breust can even keep the same number on his back and gets to re-unite with the big man and after all it would be a return home of sorts for the young fella (he's a NSW product)... What's not to like? He's like Dean Towers but able to ice the game.

Though, in reality, I reckon the Swans table a palatable final offer for the young father/son selection and Breust packs his bags for the sun and surf lifestyle of the Gold Coast.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GrantSmith said:

Given the imminent departure of trade bait Tommy Mitchell and the talk of Breust being the bait for Hawthorn, I think Sydney gets involved in this one....

I can see Breust fitting in quite well in Bondi, it would suit his lifestyle and would allow future brownlow medal winner Heeney to move into the mid-field and really get noticed by the Umpires so he can - as we all know he should - realise his potential.. Breust can even keep the same number on his back and gets to re-unite with the big man and after all it would be a return home of sorts for the young fella (he's a NSW product)... What's not to like? He's like Dean Towers but able to ice the game.

Though, in reality, I reckon the Swans table a palatable final offer for the young father/son selection and Breust packs his bags for the sun and surf lifestyle of the Gold Coast.

Breust I would love at Sydney...But he aint coming....If we cant pay Tommy more..we cant pay breust...I don't recon there is any chance Tommy stays...

Mcglynn needs to go....
McVeigh should be cut but he has a year to go..
Brandon Jack....no point keeping him

We need to focus on Rose and/or Dean Towers if they are staying....and I dont reckin Dean towers is staying...
Its been a problem for a few years..A forward line of Buddy....Usually one of Tippet or buddy is injured

48 minutes ago, BookMan said:

Breust I would love at Sydney...But he aint coming....If we cant pay Tommy more..we cant pay breust...I don't recon there is any chance Tommy stays...

Mcglynn needs to go....
McVeigh should be cut but he has a year to go..
Brandon Jack....no point keeping him

We need to focus on Rose and/or Dean Towers if they are staying....and I dont reckin Dean towers is staying...
Its been a problem for a few years..A forward line of Buddy....Usually one of Tippet or buddy is injured

They said we couldn't get Buddy after we got Cinderella and well you know the rest... 

Rose & Towers? I think we can survive just fine without either of them. Towers has massive potential but just couldn't produce in the clutch moments and that hurts. Ultimately it didn't really matter in terms of ladder position, but, I think the mental edge that would've given the Swans knowing that they were 3-4 games clear may have proved the difference.

Likely also to welcome back Butterfingers Reid next year also and given he's had all year to sort out his accuracy issues we might just be ok. Talia might be back and he looks like he'll be good at defending the white line :P

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GrantSmith said:

They said we couldn't get Buddy after we got Cinderella and well you know the rest... 

Rose & Towers? I think we can survive just fine without either of them. Towers has massive potential but just couldn't produce in the clutch moments and that hurts. Ultimately it didn't really matter in terms of ladder position, but, I think the mental edge that would've given the Swans knowing that they were 3-4 games clear may have proved the difference.

Likely also to welcome back Butterfingers Reid next year also and given he's had all year to sort out his accuracy issues we might just be ok. Talia might be back and he looks like he'll be good at defending the white line :P

I reckon Towers or Rose would have been better than Xav Richards in the finals... Towers works harder and presents in better positions....

Tippet is back in my bad books.. Fantastic start to the year...but that game...u cant go missing like that..

Even with some poor performances, we were only one point down at the 12th minute mark of the final Q..

That we even made the GF this year is somewhat of a minor miracle

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Bloody Chimpy doesn't miss a trick.

I only took the cap off for a nanosecond.

Shame AlexRRR had to leave early though.

fat-scooter.jpg

Chimpy tells me he had a date...not sure where she will fit on that bike though 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Will27 said:

Bloody Chimpy doesn't miss a trick.

I only took the cap off for a nanosecond.

Shame AlexRRR had to leave early though.

Last time you're going to borrow the beard if you're going to take it to places like that.

I can understand the need for a disguise though.

Edited by sceadugenga
  • Like 2

Whats happening at Freo?  They wont have enough players on the list to field a team...

Then they go and recruit, Harley Bennell, Cam McCarthy and Bradley Hill...all 3 who seem to be mentally weak when the going gets tough

Add in the imminent departure of King Prat (fyfe) and it looks like years in the doldrums for Freo...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-04/dockers-chop-six-as-cleanout-begins

Bozo Barrett and Matty Lloyd give their view of how the Swans seasons went.
http://www.afl.com.au/video/2016-10-04/the-forgotten-man-the-swans-need-back
Lloyd suggest sin moving Michael Talia on...We recruited him last year and he has been injured all year...i think he played one game for us...Since recruiting him both Aliir and Mills have become permanent fixtures down back...with harry Marsh

They also give Tippett and Rohan a slamming here...

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2016-10-03/keep-tom-trade-rohan-and-tippett

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BookMan said:

I thought HOgan would consider West coast...They seem well run and supported...No way he would be considering the basket case that is Freo...Ross Lyons will have to change his coaching style...Fyfe is already out of there.

The Dee's are a very well run club too Mr Bookman....no one will want to be leaving in a hurry anymore in fact even when we were a basket case they still managed to attract the best on offer at the time...like Mitch Clark and Dawes...never mind after the change....

WCE are spluttering and Freo they have a few years of rebuilding, both WA clubs will be struggling to make the 8 next season whilst the Dee's would be expecting to make it....

If Peter jackson was able to lure Paul Roos out of retirement then getting Hogan to sign on the dotted line was childs play......

Amazing how a few extra bucks and.....the cat has recovered from its illness....ahh summer is coming so i can go surfing on the coast....dont worry mum i can afford a house keeper now to find my shoes.....

• Like 1

On Hogan....the Dee's claim they didn't lean on him to sign...well i would have expected them too....the situation the club finds itself in is all hands on deck united of trade him while he is worth something, Hogan claims he's happy as larry and pig in poo and expects to stay a Dee for along time....if so why not the 5 year deal? the merry go round will continue...

Ed says GWS should sit out the next 2 drafts...silly man....forgets how the Vic clubs benefited greatly from Brisbane who languished for years before there rise under leigh.....the idea was to make them marketable and build support base quickly to establish the club....

Cloke is excited to join the Bulldogs on half pay wants to mentor million dollar Boyd as well...says he's taken a keen interest in the lad and thought should have taken off the Norm Smith Medal....i did think the kid finally arrived in this game because when your a quality player you play big in big games...

Fagan for the Lions....ahhh being at the Hawks might have improved his resume and may have had a wealth of experience, i dont recall him setting the world on fire when he was with us....filler....unite the club time....set the ground work in motion 3 years then goodbye....

WCE are saved....Del Santo maybe Pie bound.....this will put a spanner in the works for Centrelink who were to build a new office at the Eagles training ground....

So what have we learned today?

Nothing.....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BookMan said:

Whats happening at Freo?  They wont have enough players on the list to field a team...

Then they go and recruit, Harley Bennell, Cam McCarthy and Bradley Hill...all 3 who seem to be mentally weak when the going gets tough

Add in the imminent departure of King Prat (fyfe) and it looks like years in the doldrums for Freo...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-04/dockers-chop-six-as-cleanout-begins

They're getting rid of soldier and list cloggers and trying to rebuild.

It's really hard for WA clubs to get non-Western Australians to Perth. Most understandably don't want to travel every 2nd week.

That's why we target WA boys.

Out of the 3 you mentioned, Bennell can be elite. McCarthy had a good first year, albeit in a good side year and Hill has hardly missed a game at the Hawks in 4 years.

The jury will be out on McCarthy after sitting out a year. Hill reminds me a bit of Lewis Jetta. He's been pretty good in the best team of the comp for most of his time there.

If Fyfe and Johnston can get on the park, add in the those 3 and a fit Sandilands and I expect Freo to be knocking on the door of the 8.

Their main problem again will be a lack of goal kickers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

They're getting rid of soldier and list cloggers and trying to rebuild.

It's really hard for WA clubs to get non-Western Australians to Perth. Most understandably don't want to travel every 2nd week.

That's why we target WA boys.

Out of the 3 you mentioned, Bennell can be elite. McCarthy had a good first year, albeit in a good side year and Hill has hardly missed a game at the Hawks in 4 years.

The jury will be out on McCarthy after sitting out a year. Hill reminds me a bit of Lewis Jetta. He's been pretty good in the best team of the comp for most of his time there.

If Fyfe and Johnston can get on the park, add in the those 3 and a fit Sandilands and I expect Freo to be knocking on the door of the 8.

Their main problem again will be a lack of goal kickers.

They all 3 are good payers, but are they mentally tough enough?  Bennell and mcCarthy, not so.

It seems like players don't want to stay at Freo anyway...Lyon is an autocrat and that style of coaching doesnt work like it used to

4 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Its the Same in Sydney, they loose interest very quickly in the social world up there, Swans and now GWS as long as there racking up the wins they stay flavour of the month, if they should fall out of the top 8 numbers and support will drop off dramatically.

Lions were flying high while they were winning premierships now look at them and there support base...

Was a dumb move to put a second team in both Sydney and Queensland, Tasmania and possibly a regional centre somewhere to keep the expansional AFL happy is what i think...

oh Alex!  You can't have it both ways...

Your justification of keeping the Grand Final in Melbourne is an economic one...

It's the same for two Sydney teams and two QLD teams...it's an economic decision about advertising markets.  

It is about a product.

Having said that...

Sydney can easily support two teams. 

Have it ur way honey but it's well known in nsw if ur not winning they go sailing beach surfing away for the weekend anywhere but watch you.... it's not about sponsorship $ it's about the total lack of interest from the public kid.... only in the die hard southern states including WA they stick with you through thick and thin.....if your not winning your not attracting future spectators, Hawks back before the Dees last flag had about 10 supporters after being the most successful club in the last 25 years there grown there supporter base to close to number 1.... if Sydney isn't winning no one will be seeing the advertising as is what's happing in Queensland kid there forgotten they have 2 AFL clubs up there .... plus the lions moved away from the goals coast for a very good reason so how bright are the suns and ur argument?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

There is more things to do in Sydney,

Going fishing in the harbour , for one,,

Shark attack[edit]

The vicinity of Sydney Harbour where the shark attack took place.

Following its encounters with Carlton, the Waratahs adopted Victorian rules, and for a time, the colonial game threatened to supersede rugby in Sydney.[11]Coulthard accepted an invitation from Phil Sheridan, a trustee of the Sydney Cricket Ground, to travel to Sydney with the aim of fostering Victorian rules in the city.[12] On 15 September 1877, soon after his arrival, Coulthard joined several local footballers on a fishing trip in Sydney Harbour. The group was anchored near Shark Island when Coulthard, sitting on the boat's gunwale with the back of his tailcoat hanging over the side, was pulled overboard by "a monster shark, 13 feet long". The shark had seized his coattails trailing on the water and dragged him beneath the surface "some ten or twelve feet" until it tore the coat from his body. After kicking at the shark, Coulthard swam to the surface alongside the boat, "into which he threw, with the aid of his friends, a kind of somersault, just about as quickly as he had been taken overboard."[13] Shaken by the event, Coulthard abandoned his mission in Sydney and returned to Melbourne within a week, where he resumed playing for Carlton.[14] The club denied rumours that it had lured its star player back with financial incentives.[15]

Over the ensuing years, the Victorian code struggled to maintain a foothold in Sydney, largely due to the efforts of rugby officials who favoured their game as "a symbol and reminder of their Englishness".[11] Nonetheless, the shark entered sporting folklore as the reason why rugby remained Sydney's most popular football code.[12][16]

GCoulthard1.jpg

• Like 2

These days the sharks in Melbourne are doing their selfish, small minded best to keep everything related to this Australian game in their crappy little State!

(Looking at that picture, I think the game was actually invented by Afghan camel herders)

Edited by Old Croc
  • Like 1