Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Nice write up Al. Definitely struggling in FF and Ripper may well alter my streak. Won't be giving up lightly but a ruck down and really no defense to plumb. Weitering has not come on, has a the 'arthur or martha' thing as to whether he is a forward or full back methinks. But that is my problem not his atm.  Need 100+ from every mid to regain parity. with rip. Anyhow still cannot rid myself of Chooker's whipping boy adn a few other lemons.'

Good luck to Michael Hibberd. We miss his run from half back at Windy Hill. I hope he his form continues with the Dees and they spank Richmond just for footballing sanity's sake. That last goal for Freo last night unhinged me somewhat so hoping to live vicariously through the Demons and Saints before normalcy is reframed on Tuesday. A bomber fest over cold pies.

• Like 2

The world has gone mad!

Surely we're not this precious are we?

Shaw sledge overshadows Giants' SCG breakthrough

GREATER Western Sydney’s crushing 42-point win over the Swans has been soured by allegations of an offensive and irresponsible sledge by senior player Heath Shaw during the tense third quarter of a spiteful derby at the SCG.

Giants coach Leon Cameron said he had briefly discussed the incident with club officials after the match but wanted to know more details before making further comment.

“We’ll use the next 24 hours to have a really good discussion about actually what happened,” Cameron said.

“So it’s hard for me comment any further until I actually hear what happened. We’ll have a discussion with the people involved and see where that leads.”

Shaw was recorded by on-field microphones calling opponent Tom Papley a "f---ing retard" as Papley headed to the bench. The Sydney small forward had just been in a contest with Shaw in which he had held Shaw in a headlock. 

The audio was broadcast, prompting Fox Footy commentator Jason Dunstall to apologise to viewers.

If proven, it would be the low-point on an otherwise triumphant night for the Giants, who secured their fourth win in a row with a huge effort to snuff out the Swans across the field after they had exploded with four unanswered goals in the first five minutes of the game.

Here is the predictable response.

'Fiery' Shaw apologises for 'offensive remark'

GREATER Western Sydney defender Heath Shaw has apologised for the offensive comment that took the gloss off the Giants' big win over Sydney at the SCG on Saturday night.

Shaw was recorded by on-field microphones calling opponent Tom Papley a "f---ing retard" as Papley headed to the bench. The Sydney small forward had just been in a contest with Shaw in which he had held Shaw in a headlock. 

The audio was broadcast, prompting Fox Footy commentator Jason Dunstall to apologise to viewers.

"I want to apologise for the insensitive comment I made to Tom Papley during last night's game," Shaw said in a statement on the Giants' website on Sunday. 

"Yes I am a fiery person who plays with a lot of passion and emotion but that is no excuse for my actions last night.

"I apologise to Tom and anyone else who took offence to my comments, I deeply regret them.

"There is no place for comments of that nature on or off the football ground. It was an offensive remark that I should never have made and for that I apologise."

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

I always thought Freo were a chance given Norf's terrible last quarters this year, and their general win/loss ratio in close games.

The big boys in Fyfe, Mundy and Sandi stood up when the game was on the line.

Having said that, they did get out of jail.

Again

9 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Better tell the boys not to say soft bump again,those 50's are expensive for bad language:smile:.

The umpire said sorry to joey but a bit late, 50 metres and a goal we can't get back.

If the ump wasn't sure what was said he shouldn't have rewarded the 50 metres.  Soft Bump.  Soft, C×$t. Not in joey's nature to call someone a C% $t especially and umpire.. 

Edited by Thechook
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, ozzydom said:

Anybody else having problems with their Watchafl telecast the last couple of days , virtually non-stop buffering,out of focus and keeps backing out and reverting to earlier parts of matches.

I had this problem earlier in the year. I found that if I logoff each time I leave the site it improved my reception. 

Answer from Watchafl
Thank you for contacting Watch AFL

We are sorry to hear about this, we understand how frustrating that must be for you.

Could you please adjust the bitrate on your computer, we have heard that this fixes the problem.

To change the quality, please follow the instructions below

-Click the game you'd like to watch.
-Hover your mouse over the screen until you see a settings icon appear in the top right corner
-Click the settings icon and select 'Quality'
-Change from 'Auto' to another bitrate. Higher bitrate means higher quality
-Enjoy the game
-Change back to 'Auto' when you are finished.

If this doesn't solve the problem, please contact us again and we will gladly help.

Thank you,
- The Watch AFL Team

• Like 1

Disaster tonight.......the Dee's have Eagle Rucky Syndrome.....another one bits the dust.... who's left? gees i dont know.....a one D King green just out of the class room no hair on his chest string bean....OMG how is he going to compete with the big guys?

19 to 7 inside 50's in the first quarter, not enough score board pressure when we have the upper hand.....dam the torpedoes .....The 3/4 Demons....Ahhhhhhhh !!

Edited by AlexRRR

Melbourne played the better football for three quarters. That stupid ~ out on the full with seven secs on the dial at three quarter time was catastrophic and converted. Big brain fade. What happened there? Richmond went in with a head of steam and a sniff when it should have been a four goal lead to the Dee and all the momentum.

There were other 'young' or naive mistakes from the Dees but they played a good brand of footy. The better brand most of the night. I saw young players with loads of talent having a crack. Despite the loss and being a doubter before, would be happy with the team. Definitely something cooking at Casey! 

Saw the same signs in North and the saints too this weekend so you pretty much know where to place this post!! 

The tigers have that soft underbelly and it will be exposed. 'Eventually' as Manuel says.The fact they hung in there and then 'clicked'  is a huge positive for the tigers but they were generally unimpressive despite four points.

THe Dees join the kanga and pies wondering what went wrong. THe saints just hit a Geelong burst no team could with stand. Valiant though.

• Like 1

3/4 Fantasy update....

Joboss01 1391 vs DikyDots 1388.....well blow me down with a feather Jo is giving some stick 3 points in it, comes down to the last game....No way would i call this...

GrannysApples 2003 vs Farmerjo's Flyers 1982......Ahhhhh Grant has fought back in another close one unless the G or Eithad open up and swallows the Collingwood football team GRANT should take the honours....

BKK Bombers 1384 vs Rips Swans 1565....Rip alas is all out of love....took it up to the league leaders he along with FJ would be hoping for the ground tomorrow to swallow up a few players....OPTUS should fall over the line and keep a clean sheet as they say in the round ball game...

BS Dee's 1798 vs Changmai Saints 1213........Chooks is dead and buried....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, optad said:

Melbourne played the better football for three quarters. That stupid ~ out on the full with seven secs on the dial at three quarter time was catastrophic and converted. Big brain fade. What happened there? Richmond went in with a head of steam and a sniff when it should have been a four goal lead to the Dee and all the momentum.

There were other 'young' or naive mistakes from the Dees but they played a good brand of footy. The better brand most of the night. I saw young players with loads of talent having a crack. Despite the loss and being a doubter before, would be happy with the team. Definitely something cooking at Casey! 

Saw the same signs in North and the saints too this weekend so you pretty much know where to place this post!! 

The tigers have that soft underbelly and it will be exposed. 'Eventually' as Manuel says.The fact they hung in there and then 'clicked'  is a huge positive for the tigers but they were generally unimpressive despite four points.

THe Dees join the kanga and pies wondering what went wrong. THe saints just hit a Geelong burst no team could with stand. Valiant though.

EXPERIANCE....dont have enough of it....dont know how to kill off when we have the upper hand....

Team was out of whack once Spencer went out of the game with a shoulder injury ... it robbed the forward line of J Watts...his marking power and mobility....going into the 4th quarter with 2 injuries 2 left on the bench no one at centre half who could take a grap...was pretty easy to see we would get run over....

Just now, AlexRRR said:

EXPERIANCE....dont have enough of it....dont know how to kill off when we have the upper hand....

Team was out of whack once Spencer went out of the game with a shoulder injury ... it robbed the forward line of J Watts...his marking power and mobility....going into the 4th quarter with 2 injuries 2 left on the bench no one at centre half who could take a grap...was pretty easy to see we would get run over....

Might be right. I think M hibberd first up was good but is not the leader you are talking about....yet. One game. Viney was not dominant and there are few others in that echelon you mention. Vince? Don't recall his game at all.

A different point on that game. Richmond had no forward movement all, no positioning when pushing forward from set shots. The experience thing may become more productive on poor structuring as the likes of young Oliver fast tracks and Neal Bullen and Salem keep doing their run and carry and emerge. The dees were fast and Petracha's  focus good at times just faded over 100 minutes. Good game just a shity result.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ripstanley said:

In the tipping we have one tipster who is 8/8. Go Grant and hope you can pull the 9/9.

Cheers Rip, 50/50 call I reckon on tomorrow's game. Largely depends on how cooked The Bombers really are..

3 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

GrannysApples 2003 vs Farmerjo's Flyers 1982......Ahhhhh Grant has fought back in another close one unless the G or Eithad open up and swallows the Collingwood football team GRANT should take the honours....

Well if that were to happen, I'd still knock FJ off ? but if Trelor and Adams were both to be 'rested' I'd be up the proverbial ? but it was bloody close with FJ having a sizeable lead pretty much throughout and I've had a couple of surprise packets come out with huge games this week which certainly helped pick up the slack of some underperforming heavyweight midfielders, though still pissed I kept Aaron Black as an emergency in my forward line! ?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, optad said:

Might be right. I think M hibberd first up was good but is not the leader you are talking about....yet. One game. Viney was not dominant and there are few others in that echelon you mention. Vince? Don't recall his game at all.

A different point on that game. Richmond had no forward movement all, no positioning when pushing forward from set shots. The experience thing may become more productive on poor structuring as the likes of young Oliver fast tracks and Neal Bullen and Salem keep doing their run and carry and emerge. The dees were fast and Petracha's  focus good at times just faded over 100 minutes. Good game just a shity result.

Vince is unheralded.....he plays as a defender and sometimes roving mid he's a niggler like BUGG, he pushes around the 100 in fantasy pretty much most weeks not as affective this year as the past due too the rise of Salem and a few others who are wearing the brunt though Salem seem to be playing up ground more last night.

Hibbered was superb and just what the doctor prescribed even Frost had a decent game last night, wasn't the back line that was the problem, Viney is defiantly down, Oliver has dropped off a touch Jones isn't clean 3 prime movers who the Tigers put pressure on.

The main problem is score board pressure the only time we had it was against the Cats, the stats are way in our favour especially early in the game, a half decent team would have had the games sown up by half time.

The rain didn't help Hogan though Rewoilt who i like but hasn't been much in recent times found some form, MacDonald might have got our first goal but couldnt play on Jack.... Tiger Jack killed big Mac....i thought Hibbered should have been switched on to Rewoilt during the 3rd q only needed to look into the sky to see Jack was the most dangerous man alive on the G last night...

With Spencer and Smith 2 talls going down before half time, Spencer has a shoulder injury and looks like out for a while, Smith has broken ribs and punctured lung....robed us of height in the forward line after half time taking a grab up there got a lot harder....

Tigers are coached well....they were never far behind now have the experience but its still early days....I didn't notice the Tigers to much, a few like Martin who was down did what the Cats did and find some zoom....this is more an indicment on the Dee's they let Freo Cats and now the Tigers back into the game.....reality has set in....were still far from a good side, we cant play 4 quarters dont have a second dominant forward option, Hibbered made the back line better so I'm happy the only other guy who could have made a difference in the forward line J Watts had to play in the ruck he did well but cant play in 2 positions....

• Like 1

Well,tried Watchafl,s fix,s,to no avail.
Screen kept buffering then would black out completely,had to use ESC to restore a picture which would prompt a message 'Error ,atransmission problem has occurred ,please reload page. this would help for anything from a few seconds to a few minutes.
Am pretty certain the problem lies with Watchafl as when buffering the programme would revert to earlier parts of the match ,and even at times other matches and even completely different Fox Sports programmes.