Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Fantasy Report....as spoken at 3/4 time nothing much changed.....Patrick did cop an injury and just managed 93... RIP goes down by 28 points....

GAZ pulls off a bit of a comeback to go ahead of poor Jo which which gives him the ultimate record of 3 puppy turd awards in a row....there for you get to keep the copper plated trophy....a remarkable feat if ever I have seen one....

The new trophy that will be up for grabs as from next week has been named in honour of Jo the JoTurd award........

Try normal Alex.

Heads up to all on footy fantasy. It has been a tricky opening to our short season to date but a long, long way to go. Many started in adversity and I expect a good run home from wizened supporters. The trophy has not moved to last as Alex has cast above but all needs all to tighten their teams. No sure thing yet. Four points and low scores by the table leader consistently are nothing to crow about next week given a reasonably soft opening.

RIP is the man to redress the balance and gaz unlucky this week when the chocos were close. . 

Very close/

• Like 2

Longer range finally starting to cement some stranger stats. Always going too...

Farmer Jo is a natural in the forecast, life can be harder in known spheres. THis is life lesson!!. Gazza has all comps before him but just needs that turn of the knife. Blessed are we here with nice guys! Rip is making that come back as we all knew talent would. 

Ordinary kicks in after that....

As it stands/

Punter

Round 4

LR Cumulative

Weekly tip tote

Joe

Gaz

Arrr

Ronaldo

Optad

Ripper

• Like 2

I don't know if the Geelong players deliberately targeted Luke Hodge today,but he got smashed.

A brutal tackle on him  in the 3rd quarter will be looked at I reckon.

Parsons then elbowed him in the jaw. I'm guessing 4 weeks down to 3.

Josh Gibson will also be in trouble after a big shirtfront on Ruggles.

Seemed to be a clash of heads so he will be in trouble.

I wouldn't mind seeing Gibsn out of next weeks game against West Coast.

The MRP will be busy tomorrow methinks.

And as usual, it's anyone's guess as to the outcomes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

Its an 8 team comp and everyone will be playing finals.  If you finish 0/15 you can still take honours.  If you go through undefeated you can be left with nothing. The bye period we don't play but you still have trades so you can refresh and build your team.  Its not over until you get eliminated in the finals so never give up.

Well done Chook. I have always disliked Tye Vikery and after today with his withdrawal with a "sore back" I dislike him more. This let Sicily play for your team  and he had 88 points.

2 hours ago, Thechook said:

Its an 8 team comp and everyone will be playing finals.  If you finish 0/15 you can still take honours.  If you go through undefeated you can be left with nothing. The bye period we don't play but you still have trades so you can refresh and build your team.  Its not over until you get eliminated in the finals so never give up.

HEY we have a final 8?

Not on.....just not cricket....

8 hours ago, farmerjo said:

The cup is still half full out of my tinted glasses

Having played Eagles,Gws,Cats and Dogs who i think should all be in the mix for top 5 positions we could still end up fighting for that last place in the 8.

Of course we will have to get a wriggle on against the Dockers this week.:smile:

Now just have to extract a finger in the tipping to close our gap.Time to go sit on the tractor and ponder this weeks tips.

Another big challenge against GS in the fantasy this week,looking forward to it.

I seem to have the long range comp sorted atm,it's just the short term decisions i'm struggling with.

We already worked out you need a new set of glasses Fj....good idea you get the Thai Mrs to book you in for an appointment before she gets tired cleaning the farm house.....

The farm house is in good hands Alex.
Breathing in that fresh country air has its benefits.
On that note over the season will try and compile a list of country/city  players from each team to see where the boys from the bush fit into the afl mix.

No such thing as fresh air in Thailand Fj, unless you were like me one time on Ko Samui in hotel on the beach when a massive storm can up from the ocean... the only attraction there is fresh easy women....joop.

Obviously the weeds grow all on there own on ur hobby farm....

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I'm with KB on this one.

Kevin Bartlett, Tim Watson slam ‘silly’ David King

DAVID King’s suggestion for Collingwood to backflip on its suspension of star Jordan De Goey has been heavily criticised by rival SEN footy analysts.

AFL legends Kevin Bartlett and Tim Watson spoke out about Kings plan for the Pies to re-call De Goey for the club’s Anzac Day blockbuster against Essendon on Tuesday.

The midfield star was stood down by the club to play three reserve games in the VFL after lying to club officials by saying he suffered a broken hand injury while playing with his dog.

He was then forced to admit he suffered the injury in a bar fight in St Kilda just hours after senior players had made a decision no Collingwood player would go out drinking the week before their season-opener against the Western Bulldogs.

The 21-year-old has played just one match in the reserves since he was cleared to return from his broken hand.

However, with Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley’s position under enormous pressure after another disappointing start to the season with just one win, King on Wednesday night called on the Magpies mentor to backflip out of necessity and play De Goey in the seniors this week.

“I just think there’s more at stake on Tuesday,” King told Fox Footy’s AFL 360.

“I know they suspended Jordan De Goey for all the right reasons, but sometimes you’ve just got to say ‘who cares what the world thinks? We’ve got to control our own destiny’.

“Get him in and tell him ‘you’ve got one place you need to pay us back and that’s at 2.30pm on Tuesday afternoon — you give us everything’.

“And you know what? Who cares what the outside world says? Because Buckley’s job, in a lot of ways, is on the line.

“I just think Tuesday is too important to have a player like that — who is a Rolls-Royce, he’s a goalkicker — (you need to) get him in the team.”

Bartlett slammed the North Melbourne great’s surprising suggestion, saying it would “erode all credibility” of Buckley’s regime.

“The footy world’s gone mad,” Bartlett told SEN’s Hungry for Sport.

“I heard yesterday David King say on Fox Footy Collingwood should throw all of its standards out the window and play club suspended midfielder Jordan De Goey against Essendon on Anzac Day.

“The Pies suspended De Goey until he plays 3 games in the reserves. So far he has played one, after lying to the club.

“That’s a silly call by King for such a decision would erode all credibility at a struggling football club. Since when is any player bigger than the club?

“Then I read in The Age today that Hawthorn should consider trading a bunch of good players including Cyril Rioli. Never heard so much rubbish.”

Richmond’s greatest goal sneak — on the right.Source:News Corp Australia

Buckley himself responded to King’s recommendation when asked at his press conference on Thursday.

Collingwood FC

@CollingwoodFC

Buckley: "Jordan (De Goey) is going about earning trust. He's got a couple of weeks of penance to serve" #gopies

Bombers great Watson also publicly criticised King’s call, saying the club has to stick to their guns to drive performance and behavioural standards from its players.

“Collingwood under no circumstances can play Jordan De Goey until he serves his club suspension,” Watson said on SEN Breakfast.

“It has been suggested by some great football minds the club reverses its penalty and plays the talented De Goey because the club needs his talents.

“Your club values, rules, behavioural standards have to be written in stone, not on the back of a tissue.

“While there is no suggestion anyone from the club that this will occur, the idea cannot be entertained.”

• Like 1

Alex's review above was informed and have to endorse the 'less is more' lest Alex goes mad!! 

Nice post Alex!! The symetry was spot on. Music too cool.

A great post actually. !

Edited by optad
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

WILL was close to the money i think in his wrap up...for my peso's worth her goes....

Port should take this one at home the enigma they are will jump up and bite the injury hit Blues this week...

Working title for this game is Hall and Oats "No Can Do."

Dogs will be tested but in Melbourne the Lions are not ready to do any more than test them in several quarters...though....Lions are due for a win....

Working title for this game is Ricky Martin "She Bangs" both latin and english versions....

GCS i think will run the Crows in this game, there getting better slowly and at home... Tex had his big night last week....cant see the man do it 2 weeks in a row having said that Crows to fall over the line....

Working title for this game is Seal "Lets Stay Together."  I have Tina Turner's version too WILL ......

Swans have there back to the wall, several class players coming in, not so bad other than on the score board, upset looming here....

Working title for this game is Empire of the Sun "Walking On a Dream."...a new song WILL....

Freo will go 3 on the trott...at home against North its an open and shut case, zip in 5 games they will stay, playing well and not winning is an indictment of how bad they really are...

Working title for this game is Hooodoo Gurus "1000 Miles from Home."

The fast and furious Saints could turn this game on its head finding some form last week could easily run the Cats ragged, as the MASTER said he as well as me we are not yet convinced they have arrived....not just yet...flip a coin its that close...

Working title for this song is David Bowie "Time Will Crawl"

In the bag WILL....you couldnt have wanted to be playing the Hawks and on the G any other time but right now, Hawks are pretty much shot to pieces there run out of luck, expect a tough first half after that the Eagles should pretty much stitch them up....

Working title for this game is  Tears for fears "Its Elemental."

Tigers vs the Dees, not really a hard game for me to pick, Dees do play well against the Tigers especially in the first round early in the season...as WILL said the Tigers aint beaten anyone yet, confidence is a big thing Tigers have la plenty and it remains to be seen how much was smacked out of us last week...its fair to say the Dee's took Freo lightly much in the same way they did with the Bombers last year it was a must win game for us. Viney has been down last few games id say they had him blankered Tigers dont have a spare Mid stopper there for expect Viney too come close to BOG....Hogan walks back in makes us a 2 to 4 goal better team already...Frost hopefully will be replaced by Oscar, Bugg needs to be played in defence where he gives a lot of drive assuming he did enough to keep his place in the team.

Working title for this game is Snow Patrol "Shut your Eyes."....

Bombers are favourites for the game against the Pies, just....i think I'm going for Buckleys boys at this stage on paper the Pies are a better side lose this and Ed will be looking for  replacement coach sooner rather than later, interesting article in todays small paper a former Pie assistant Ben Hart who was not given a new contact for this season claim he implored Buckley to make changes in a bid to make them more consistent....  "(Buckley) has very strong views about how he thinks the game should be played, but clearly its not continually working."

The working title for this game is Cliff Richards "Some People."

Loved it AlexRRR.

As Tina says, You're simply the best:smile:

She drinks beer with Coco Cola..........................................

• Like 2

Tina has no taste..... lemon or lime with my corona, @ home in to lazy and have it extra chilled....

This morning I'm thinking of picking the bombers ... the main reason is they often rise to the occasion when backs are to the wall...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Tina has no taste..... lemon or lime with my corona, @ home in to lazy and have it extra chilled....

This morning I'm thinking of picking the bombers ... the main reason is they often rise to the occasion when backs are to the wall...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Don't pick 'em. Give them a chance!!

Image result for the kiss of death

• Like 1

• April 20, 2017 8:19am
  • Source: news.com.au

There's nothing easy about comedian Tom Gleeson’s Hard Chat segment on ABC's The Weekly as Chris Judd just found out.

The former West Coast captain was grilled about wayward son Ben Cousins and the Eagles drug culture that 'tarnished' their 2006 premiership win over the Sydney Swans.

The issue surfaced after a 2008 report by retired Victorian Supreme Court judge William Gillard was unearthed which determined that a toxic drug culture had existed at the club but had been covered up by officials.

Former 2005 Brownlow medallist Ben Cousins, who is serving a six-month sentence for stalking and breaches of a restraining order, has had a long-running and public battle with drug addiction.

Judd has already defended his involvement at the club during the period in question but it was hard to avoid some of the questions that were thrown at him by Gleeson.

"Can you tell Cousins to get his s--- together so we can tell jokes about him again?" Gleeson asked to retired Carlton star.

"It’s a bit hard to get onto Ben at the minute," Judd said. "He’s got a few prior engagements."

Gleeson then said that Judd had recently attended a 10-year reunion for the 2006 premiership team before asking him, "how many grams did you win by?"

"That’s a cheap shot, Tom, a real cheap shot," Judd said.

Gleeson then turned his attention to the International Rules Series which sees Australia play Ireland in a hybrid version of the game that combines elements of AFL and Gaelic Football.

"For my NSW friends, I want to explain to them that International Rules is Aussie rules combined with Gaelic football," Gleeson said. "So what’s it like playing a game that two countries don’t give a s*** about.

"The game I mean, International Rules, do you agree it’s like watching a dog try to f*** a cat? It’s ugly, and it shouldn’t be happening."