Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Just for Alexx:tongue:

Titus O'Reily‏Verified account @TitusOReily

Follow Follow @TitusOReily

Melbourne probably won’t get past the Suns but this season has been a fair effort to try and be the worst team in the competition. #AFLSaintsDees

• Like 1

For Radar from Titus.

Carlton (87) v Adelaide (60)

It was revealed this week that David Teague had turned around morale at the club by allowing more ball-handling at training. That certainly is something that will turn around morale. I remember Simon Lethlean used to preach a similar method. 

I’m still hearing Teague is no chance to get the Carlton gig. This is astounding. 

Five wins in seven games, the two losses being incredibly tight. A team that couldn’t tackle, run, hit targets and seemed to be getting worse, now looking like a slick, well-drilled unit.

Am I crazy? Is there something else a coach is meant to do? 

The Carlton board in its various forms over the past 25 years has been the worst thing about the Blues, why would they think on any level that they will choose better than the coach who has been thrust upon them by accident?

Who is going to be better? Clarkson? Well, that would maybe make sense but seems very unlikely to happen. Roos? To a point but will he actually coach? Or will he be director of coaching?

Voss? I mean, really? Under him Brisbane were terrible, and Port aren’t exactly shooting the lights out. Ross Lyon? Brad Scott? Please.

I can only assume the board is sticking to the one criterion they’ve applied to recent coaches ‘ability to alienate the players and fans’.

Against Adelaide, Carlton were sensational. Exciting to watch, committed and playing with a sense of confidence.

Cripps has said he wants Teague and if I was the Blues board I’d be listening. He had 39 disposals, 24 contested possessions, seven tackles and a goal.

He had 19 clearances. The man is a freak and arguably the best player in the competition. Actually, it’s not arguably. He’s a one-man midfield. Hell his a one man tank.

As for Adelaide, well, what can you say?

They’re a mess, a horrible, listless mess.

How they are still in eight place is amazing. They looked outclassed all game. 

They seem to be doing a reverse rebuild, just taking apart anything that made them good.

Don Pyke is performing a wonderful impression of someone who has no idea what he’s doing. Crows fans will be hoping it’s an impersonation. 

Adelaide fans are furious, and they have every right to be, this was the effort you put in when you’re not putting in an effort.

• Thanks 1

For you FJ.

West Coast (121) v North Melbourne (72)

Rhys Shaw may have done a lot to steady North Melbourne, but they’re still North Melbourne.

Scott Thompson’s ruptured testicle left a huge whole in the team, and no one filled it.

Wow, that’s a bad sentence. 

With no Thompson Josh Kennedy cut loose, booting seven goals as the Eagles ran all over the Kangaroos. West Coast fans could handle Kennedy finding form at this point of the season.

The Eagles are a real premiership chance. If they played in Victoria, everyone would be talking about that.

Here’s the strange thing, I did some deep digging on the internet and discovered the Eagles won a premiership as recently as last year. We need to keep an eye on these guys.

North, however, look unlikely to make the eighth now. It’s a shame because Adelaide are doing everything to keep the door open for those below them. 

The Crows are like the guy at work who holds the door open for someone even though the person is way down the corridor and it take ages for them to get there and it becomes awkward. 

18 hours ago, Will27 said:

Well people

All over again for this round.

Rip wins the Milky Bars with an amazing 9/9.

Chooks wasn't to shabby either getting 8.

Well done gents.

Not much change at the top.

Until next week.

how many tipped the saints

Edited by wendyfromoz

6 hours ago, Will27 said:

Just for Alexx:tongue:

Titus O'Reily‏Verified account @TitusOReily

Follow Follow @TitusOReily

Melbourne probably won’t get past the Suns but this season has been a fair effort to try and be the worst team in the competition. #AFLSaintsDees

Line is enough dear will....not doing twitter.....

In todays paper while having dinner i did spy co Captain Nat Jones knocks back Dee's paltry contact extension of $265,000 for next season....i mean how cheeky are they?

Concidering the freeloaders we got and on much more think your ageing captian at 31 should be comanding min of 500,000 a season....he i think has played pretty much every game and of course out of position courtesty of Goodwin...

• Like 2

Buskers at Southbank, Melbourne City.   The big green dome in the background belongs to Flinders Street Railway Station.   Next station to the left is Southern Cross where you get off for Marvel Stadium.  Next station to the right is Richmond for those heading to the MCG.

Sit back and rock along to one of the best covers of Sweet Child O' Mine you will ever hear.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jewell49 said:

how long before there is talk about the crows coach going, on a more positive note carn the Lions

Knifes are already been sharpened for the sth aussie coaches...one sticking point is the 3 million zillion big ones the Crows will have to fork out, got to hand it to Pyke and his manager....they know how to make an air tight contract and get it to stick...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Radar501 said:

Buskers at Southbank, Melbourne City.   The big green dome in the background belongs to Flinders Street Railway Station.   Next station to the left is Southern Cross where you get off for Marvel Stadium.  Next station to the right is Richmond for those heading to the MCG.

Sit back and rock along to one of the best covers of Sweet Child O' Mine you will ever hear.

ummmm looks like Bourke street there old Radar....band are snugged bettween Davie Jones and the Myers stores its even posible there out front of Rebel store....

• Like 2

I love the way the Yanks wrap it up to look good when it stunk like hell....The Global arm of the NFL that I subscribe to has a show on every team so in a not much to do mood last night I tune in....and hit the Redskins button....Smith the new 33 year old quarterback and better than were ever he had been before had been leading the skins to a 6-3 win loss ratio and top of there division, one of the better defences around helped quite a bit...at this point id seen at least 4 of there first 7 games....Then game 10 Smith got crunched smashing his leg and its still not sure 6 months later if he WILL ever play again....Then it was all down hill from there, back up QB Macoy goes down within 2 games and for the season then 3rd string QB and had been a "Jack Watts moment" draft selection Sanches was looking good first few plays then....pooooooo....smashed and crashed....somehow I wouldn't balme the QB id say the front lines men didnt like him that's how it looked...becasue the poor guy couldn't win a trick....with the season going down the toilet coach jay knocks head with Raiders coach who is his brother and come up with journey man Johnson...something like 11 clubs in his career he had been a 2cd or 3rd string QB....The Gruden Bros liked him so Jay picks him out of obscurity and boy he looked ok, better then Jack Sanches Watts, did pick of a game to keep the season alive and made the commentators eat there words.....but of course the season was a disaster yet you would have thought by that program they had won the super bowl.....

Moving on.....dont know what was in Jays head as they traded for Bronco's QB Case Keenum....this trade has saved Broncos GM and former star QB John Elway's career in management but has put in jeopardy Jay Gruden's, still he has a plan...before the draft it was noted several clubs were desperate for a decent QB and the Skins where one, since its unlikely Smith WILL play again, Skins not being low enough in draft rankings looked like they would  have to trade down, they didn't, as it turns out several hot collage QB's were overlooked and the Skins managed to snare a very good one in Dwayne Haskins at pick 15, there footy world was in a buzz and you can imaging the delight in Jays mind....he wont have to rely on Keenum....

And the saga continues.... https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=12254373 This is a scandal, I know you Thai based guys can't get enough of Master Chef, you cant eat Thai food style all the time can you? so its important in your relaxed life style to do some cooking....for who missed it George and his group have been underpaying staff around 7.8 million $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ some of your Thai Wives might think this guy is cool.....to me he looks like an unwashed Greek...couldnt do the reality shows but hey in moments of pure boredom we do tune in....horrible format...by the way I refuse to watch reality home renovating shows....its way beyond real...and of course...even your grandma is now a builder....

Saints once again have eyes for a FA, and of course we all know no one wants to go to Chook land, this time there eyeing off Crow Brad Crouch, not being out of contract wont help by the way....

Clarkson's manger puts down speculation he's on the move.....from reports the Hawks are going to plunder FA once again plus trade for some big player up north....ummm....they havent learned have they......ho boy ho boy I hope it all goes to poo again....Cats woke up that plundering like a viking raider wont get you too far....

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/former-melbourne-coach-roos-thrashes-demons-20190730-p52c00.html My mate Paul has a message for Simon.....like the rest of us Paul is disgusted, after lifting them out of a hole what does he see? another big blackhole swallowing the Dee's up.....Time the Dee's thought merger and relocating....a nice sunny spot is available up in Alice Springs, and several koorie clubs would be happy to merge...they could be come the "Alice Springs Desert Flowers"......yes suites them to a T...

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/i-haven-t-lost-the-freo-players-lyon-20190731-p52cel.html To be honest....he wouldn't know....though jumping ship early is a way of purloining your career......several clubs in need in Victoria....thought really who would want him? like what's he done since he's been in Freo?

My take coaching positions for the Saints...Rattern should be good....hes worth a couple of years, it's a waste of time doing a search, Blues? well Teague has lifted them....hes worth a shot....I mean if he wad a senior assistant he ready,  Shaw and North, same deal, lets face it...whos around and available thats any good? ahh you get my point....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

ummmmm looks like Bourke street there old Radar

ummmmm appears that some cyber gremlins have infiltrated my post above........maybe our resident moderator can find out why the F the VDO keeps changing.

✴️ I DO know what Southbank and Bourke Street look like thank you LX.  

34 minutes ago, Radar501 said:

ummmmm appears that some cyber gremlins have infiltrated my post above........maybe our resident moderator can find out why the F the VDO keeps changing.

✴️ I DO know what Southbank and Bourke Street look like thank you LX.  

Ummmmm no sir you DO NOT....Blow up the vid to full screen dear sir and you will see the Myer sign which for the last 80 0dd years has been in Bourke st bettween Elizabeth and Swanson if my frail mind serves me right....but hey dont rush back an apology its ok its not a big deal...we wont tell anyone here your were wrong...just our secret....

Or perhaps them gremlins have hijacked Myers and repositioned in Southbank....

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 1

OK Alex.   Just our secret.   Dunno wot you are getting on your computer, but every time I log on to TV, it shows a different music video to the one in SOUTHBANK which I originally posted.

I have taken a screenshot of that post (in the event that it changes yet again) and it clearly shows a video of a Pearl Jam song being played inside a house.......no Southbank or Bourke Street to be seen anywhere.

I apologise that I don't know in which suburb or town that house is in.   Maybe you can zero in on its exact location for me.

And below that, another screenshot of the original video I uploaded from Southbank.

Screenshot 2019-07-31 17.32.44.png

Screenshot 2019-07-31 18.00.56.png

Edited by Radar501
  • Like 1

On 7/30/2019 at 5:33 PM, AlexRRR said:

ummmm looks like Bourke street there old Radar....band are snugged bettween Davie Jones and the Myers stores its even posible there out front of Rebel store....

Definately Burke Street

• Like 1

1 hour ago, farmerjo said:

Time for the Roos to bounce back this week.

Sacked coach win,caretaker coach win,appointed coach win?

I'm still out on Shaw's appointment although he has made them a competitive unit again except for last week but i think every team would of lost to the Eagles(they were slick)

Still not a lot on offer out there with Teague being a possible standout and ex shinboner but Radar probably wants him to stay put at the Blues.

Good to see Pagan on the Front bar last night talking how coaching has gone from a headmaster mentality to a give me a cuddle,one of the boys approach.(my words)

FJ

I can't remember the last time I picked a winner on a Friday night game.

I'm leaning towards Norf which means I should probably do the opposite and pick Hawthorn.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, farmerjo said:

Time for the Roos to bounce back this week.

Sacked coach win,caretaker coach win,appointed coach win?

I'm still out on Shaw's appointment although he has made them a competitive unit again except for last week but i think every team would of lost to the Eagles(they were slick)

Still not a lot on offer out there with Teague being a possible standout and ex shinboner but Radar probably wants him to stay put at the Blues.

Good to see Pagan on the Front bar last night talking how coaching has gone from a headmaster mentality to a give me a cuddle,one of the boys approach.(my words)

Thought the best move for Norf would've been to wait until the end of the season.

They couldn't land a big fish so probably thought Teague is doing a good job.

If they went with an untried coach and it went tit's up, Norf supporters would've

burnt the grandstand down.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Thought the best move for Norf would've been to wait until the end of the season.

They couldn't land a big fish so probably thought Teague is doing a good job.

If they went with an untried coach and it went tit's up, Norf supporters would

burn the grandstand down.

Oops, I meant Shaw of course:smile:

• Like 1