Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

4 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Dare say Uncle WILL could be right on a Ross Lyon move to the Gaints.....Not sure who would want Scott i think hes unemployable at least on the big stage and he wont mind one little bit as North WILL have to cough up 800,000 big ones next season if he stays unemployed....

Nice Alex.

I think you're right about Scott.

I reckon Lyon will be coaching next year.

If not the Giants, Adelaide.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Well done Will,another year on top.????

And to Gazman for bringing up the rear.????

Just finished watching the ashes,how could the umpire not have given Stokes out to Lyon,plumb.????

Hitting middle 3 quarters of the way up.

<deleted> disgraceful.

26stokes-review-drs-embed.jpg

Edited by Will27

8 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Hitting middle 3 quarters of the way up.

<deleted> disgraceful.

26stokes-review-drs-embed.jpg

The umpire new Aussies had no reviews and England had one,common sense would of said give it out and let them review.

Well we will see how much bottle the boys have in the next test.

Personally i think Paine should be dropped,been great for us in the dark times but Bancroft or Wade can offer more.

• Like 2

I trotted off to bed after about an hour of play.   I could see the writing on the wall.

In the photo above the only Aussies I see are the bowler, WK and a slipper.   Why were there not six fielders surrounding the fokker batsman and stealing his oxygen?

I also see the original decision on screen was OUT with the DRS confirming that.   I'm confused.

EDIT:   Just saw your post above WILL.   Before the bye was brought in,  R23 was just a dead rubber for teams who had made the finals, so they would pull out their stars who had 'niggling' injuries so they would be cherry ripe the following week.   I remember Freo did that about five years ago, resting about ten players.

Now, with the bye, there is incentive to have their 22 best playing in R23, otherwise they would have three weeks between games and lose match hardness.   (Although Essendon may have been accused of doing exactly that last week)

If anyone understands this post, could you explain it to me please.

Edited by Radar501
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, farmerjo said:

Personally i think Paine should be dropped

After Packer's WSC and the ACB kissed and made up in the late 70's, the Australian captain has been very difficult to remove from his post.  We've only had Kim Hughes, Alan Border, Mark Taylor, Steve Waugh, Ricky Ponting, Michael Clarke and Steve Smith in that time.   It's about stability at the top.

My take on things is that Paine just happened to be Australia's interim wicket keeper when Sandpaper Gate erupted.   Snow White was in the right spot at the right time when the ACB needed to find a new skipper who had no skeletons in the closet........In a hurry.

Paine's glove-work is okay, but his batting is not up to scratch.   Matthew Wade could fill the void, which would free the slot for a recognised all-rounder in the starting XI.   But, Paine probably won't be going anywhere soon, unless he falls on his sword.

Steve Smith has served his prison term and is back in the team, but he has been barred from any leadership role for another year or two.  It has been suggested in the media that he was Australia's de-facto skipper in the first and second tests against the Poms.

Smith was out of the third test and the wheels fell off the cart.

Edited by Radar501
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Radar501 said:

I trotted off to bed after about an hour of play.   I could see the writing on the wall.

In the photo above the only Aussies I see are the bowler, WK and a slipper.   Why were there not six fielders surrounding the fokker batsman and stealing his oxygen?

I also see the original decision on screen was OUT with the DRS confirming that.   I'm confused.

EDIT:   Just saw your post above WILL.   Before the bye was brought in,  R23 was just a dead rubber for teams who had made the finals, so they would pull out their stars who had 'niggling' injuries so they would be cherry ripe the following week.   I remember Freo did that about five years ago, resting about ten players.

Now, with the bye, there is incentive to have their 22 best playing in R23, otherwise they would have three weeks between games and lose match hardness.   (Although Essendon may have been accused of doing exactly that last week)

If anyone understands this post, could you explain it to me please.

Yep, pretty sure it was introduced because of Freo and possibly Norf one year.

I reckon it pretty much won the Bulldogs the flag in 2016 when they were

able to bring 5 or 6 players back who wouldn't have been available.

I see the merit in it but I still don't like it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Will27 said:

Yep, pretty sure it was introduced because of Freo and possibly Norf one year.

I reckon it pretty much won the Bulldogs the flag in 2016 when they were

able to bring 5 or 6 players back who wouldn't have been available.

I see the merit in it but I still don't like it.

Very true Will. It was introduced in 2016

WHY THE BYE WAS INTRODUCED

THE AFL fixtured the bye after Fremantle and North Melbourne rested 11 and nine players respectively in Round 23 last season, knowing their spots were secured for the finals.

While some commentators argued the clubs had every right to rest its players, others such as AFL legend Leigh Matthews condemned the diluted product.

“There is no doubt both Fremantle and North Melbourne are disrespecting their Round 23 fixtures,” he said.

“But we think ‘well, you’re entitled to do that because that gives you the best chance of playing your best the following week for the start of the finals series’.

“What I’m amazed at is the AFL, in a sense, ticked it off as opposed to saying ‘well, you can do it but we frown on it’.

“We don’t like the practice, and if this practice becomes normal, which it will, it will become more normal in the future then we are completely disrespecting Round 23.”

Fremantle and North Melbourne rebutted the claims, saying despite resting players en masse they had every intention to win their respective matches.

The Kangaroos lost to Richmond by 41 points, while Fremantle were spanked by Port Adelaide to the tune of 69 points. The next week, both clubs won their first finals.

• Like 2

On 8/24/2019 at 7:19 PM, AlexRRR said:

Well put there Chooks....i have a coach i could swap you for as i dont mind Ratts...

The Tassie Demons did try and loose it by swillions today problem was North were just as awful in the end with a kick of 6 points in it Mr Maggo/Neal-Bullon hit the goal post with about his only kick of the game.....with just seconds to go to remind us of the season we just had...

Billy and Jay put in again this week...some outside run we been missing all year and it may have saved them from Madam Guillotine in the coming weeks...i would be suprised if Neal-Bullon isnt looking to join his mate at the Saints next season and i will personally throw in a 3rd round pic im so confident that its the right move for both Alex and the Saints...

On a brighter note im looking forward to who the Dee's swing an axe over in the coming off season as i strongly belive its not all the coaches fault, there are several list cloggers (WILL's fav termonolighy) who wont make the grade, i do hope we dont go pilliging FA rather go back to the draft...

the dees have picked up Alan Richardson

ttps://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2019-ben-rutten-reportedly-being-primed-to-become-essendons-next-senior-coach/news-story/c9f0784657dacab830c6786418fa2d73

Essendon assistant coach Ben Rutten is being “primed” to become the Bombers’ next senior coach — and the club has reportedly already taken steps to canvass support for him.

Just over one week before the Bombers’ elimination final against West Coast in Perth, veteran AFL journalist Caroline Wilson said there was a looming replacement for John Worsfold as the club’s senior coach.

Rutten joined the Bombers’ coaching panel 12 months ago with high expectations. Foxfooty.com.au reported at the timethat industry insiders believed Rutten was a senior-coach-in-waiting — a label that hasn’t changed in recent times.

First head to get axed at Deeland is well who would have thought???? Geoff "lazy boy" Garlett.....slow as a wet blanket in the wind  more soft than a pack of kleenex tissues ahhh you get my meaning....Now im hanging out for Alex Neal-Bullet to get shopped around in trade week and end up at the Hawks for 2 first round picks...well id be happy with pick 60 in the 2030 draft for him...

Ratten is hot on favorite to get the coaches gig at the Saints there chooks....you are welcome to join myself and Fj in the we got them for another 3 years club...join us in bleeding week in and week out, email return memberships and posting profanities in TV for the entire length off said contracts or untill sacked or flag..

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Will27 said:

Well, who do we like this week gang?

Oh, hang on.

What to do? what to do? only re runs mr WILL, check out tubi, new streaming service might be avaliable over there if you have  VPN its bingo...Free too....the typical thai cheap charile has a new streaming service available but wait...if there cheap they wont pay for a VPN...Watched a good second rate movie just now.....lot of B grade stuff on it  at least there not pretending to be showing you premium content like Foxtell etc etc, check  it out "Stricky Sexual" romantic comedy lot of the in and out stuff going on but you dont see anything...was amusing and kept me ocupied tonight for 90 min...

Spied The <deleted> Van Dyke show too....

Never in my wildest night mare would i watch a bunch of old hack footy players running around think you got to be a dead and gone footy junky if you go that far...

• Like 1