Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

It has just finished on their telecast but the tipping results are already posted. No one tipped Richmond.

Except, maybe Dean Margetts. Lots of Dockers supporters on the train home where referring to him as "Maggot Margetts".

Edited by joboss

It has just finished on their telecast but the tipping results are already posted. No one tipped Richmond.

Except, maybe Dean Margetts. Lots of Dockers supporters on the train home where referring to him as "Maggot Margetts".

tongue.png

Freo has to find a way to quick more goals..Pav had a severe case of butterfingers.

tongue.png

Freo has to find a way to quick more goals..Pav had a severe case of butterfingers.

An extra goal kicker would be nice. Mayne is not kicking the goals he used to and the big Pavlova had the worst

game I can remember him playing.

They were hurt when Johnson went off as Taberner and Mayne had to keep going back.

They could do worse things than having Fyfe in the forward line for longer period IMO.

I just think it was a case of Freo being flat as they've been up for so long and Richmond being primed for battle.

If they beat GC next week, they will go into the bye round at 10 - 1, which I'm sure all of the other sides would take.

• Like 2

tongue.png

An extra goal kicker would be nice. Mayne is not kicking the goals he used to and the big Pavlova had the worst

They were hurt when Johnson went off as Taberner and Mayne had to keep going back.

They could do worse things than having Fyfe in the forward line for longer period IMO.

I just think it was a case of Freo being flat as they've been up for so long and Richmond being primed for battle.

If they beat GC next week, they will go into the bye round at 10 - 1, which I'm sure all of the other sides would take.

Richmond had a near perfect first quarter. Was it 8 goals for 7 inside 50s? i think one of them was kicked from outside the arc...

I know the Tigers are one of your favourites. Will they be top 8 this year?

Edited by BookMan

tongue.png

Richmond had a near perfect first quarter. Was it 8 goals for 7 inside 50s? i think one of them was kicked from outside the arc...

I know the Tigers are one of your favourites. Will they be top 8 this year?

You would think after that win, they would be a big chance. A lot of spots from 4th to 8th up for grabs this year.

After the top 3 of Freo, hawthorn and Syd, it's a bit of a raffle.

Richmond wouldn't have expected that win I reckon so it's a bonus.

Read an interesting proposal from Plugger this morning... Move Cinderella down back when the boys play at the SCG, revitilise his career, let Buddy command and control the forward line... I think the "Legend" status might've gone to the great man's head! Cinderella isn't agile enough to be down there..

Nor will it help as the boys become Buddycentric..

• Like 2

Judd's been stretchered off with a knee injury.. Robbo (who seems to have taken his wife's estrogen pills this morning) appears distraught..

Didn't look good though, Juddy landed really awkward, at best a hyper-extension at worst he's done...

Judd's been stretchered off with a knee injury.. Robbo (who seems to have taken his wife's estrogen pills this morning) appears distraught..

Didn't look good though, Juddy landed really awkward, at best a hyper-extension at worst he's done...

Looks like Juddy's done his ACL...

After witnessing many beatings at windy hill i just love when the bombers fail....they are the team i absolutely despise.....well i like Hird but cant stand there supporters, i just love seeing them spit blood...

• Like 1

But i won't ever forget the very last time we played them at windy hill.....10 min in to the 3rd q and approx 7 goals down and simon esiold galant work horse in the centre but lacking class and finesse was trying trying trying in fact most of the team where putting in but the bombers of that time where a very classy side...sheeds moved van de haar watson and daniher....then the flood gates opened....over the top we ran....benettet booting a goal on the run turning from the centre oh what delight...finishing 4 goals up a 11 goal turn around in a quarter and a half...yes it was the dawning of one of our better eras too at that time and you know what? that bomber supporter i use to go to windy hill with didn't make it that week...10 years i had to put up with his smiles......bl**dy p***k couldn't make it that day.

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 1

I picked Geelong okay..

Damn..I thought the doggies could upset Port...not to be

So did I but changed 5 minutes before kickoff

I was tempted, but I decided with my initial tips. They were right in it until into the last quarter.

Sydney v Gold Coast game was disappointing to watch. Decent first quarter and a bit from Sydney but got a bit sloppy in the second half. Reid was tried up front again but I think it is pointless. He is better in the midfield wing swing man role. Tippett struggled to take marks again. 5 disposals in 3 full quarters. The Sub came on and had 5 disposals in five minutes

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

I picked Geelong okay..

I was tempted, but I decided with my initial tips. They were right in it until into the last quarter.

Sydney v Gold Coast game was disappointing to watch. Decent first quarter and a bit from Sydney but got a bit sloppy in the second half. Reid was tried up front again but I think it is pointless. He is better in the midfield wing swing man role. Tippett struggled to take marks again. 5 disposals in 3 full quarters. The Sub came on and had 5 disposals in five minutes

Swans were very disappointing in 2nd half. They only scored 31 points in that half. Gold Coast out scored then in the 3rd quarter.

• Like 1

I picked Geelong okay..

Let's face it GC we're done by the end of the first quarter... The rest of the team was still at the pub!

After that, it was a training run for the Bondi Billionaires..

Rohan and Jack were put through their tackling drills.. Hanners and Parker were put through their 'keep away' drills and Cinderella was having set shot practice.. Buddy was allowed to run around like a kid on ritalin along with Jetta... Kennedy and Goodes were discussing choreographing techniques whilst Reg and Ted cooked a BBQ down back..

Overall I thought Cinderella despite losing his ruby slipper in the wet (God that was frustrating), was strong when it was dry, presented well and kicked <deleted> straight for a change..

Kennedy was nowhere to be seen all day, granted, a bit hard when Hanners and Parker are playing 'keep away'

I'd be dropping Lloyd and Rampe, I'd even take Butterfingers over these pair at the moment... They're getting rushed and flustered too easily and that's by the bottom 4 sides...

I'm still of the opinion that Cinderella is best played where she is, start forward and back up the Lumber Jack (Congrats on making the Ton, Pykey), granted he wasn't up against much in the ruck today (poor barsteward Tom Nicholls) but that's his spot...

The fluoro maggots were also appalling today, almost like watching a game of netball..

• Like 1

Looking to watch AFL 360 or On The Couch?

jranng,last year's provider seems to have hung up his Youtube hat.

Freo Fanatics 1994 has stepped somewhat into the frame, providing replays of AFL360 and On The COuch, and some games.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnQjLmTZpFbYZSiab5RqcMQ/videos

Freo Fanatics has just uploaded the hall of fame.

Watched it last night and really enjoyed it.

• Like 1

Looking to watch AFL 360 or On The Couch?

jranng,last year's provider seems to have hung up his Youtube hat.

Freo Fanatics 1994 has stepped somewhat into the frame, providing replays of AFL360 and On The COuch, and some games.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnQjLmTZpFbYZSiab5RqcMQ/videos

Freo Fanatics has just uploaded the hall of fame.

Watched it last night and really enjoyed it.

I was watching it and paused to check in here tongue.png

• Like 1

I just have to get this off of my chest.

I'm not sure if any of you saw the Cartlon/Adelaide game yesterday, but

the commentating by Eddie was probably the worst I've ever heard.

Was just trying to get Carlton over the line, was bagging the umps etc.

I reckon Browny and Lynchy were quite embarrassed by some of his comments

about the umpires so called bad decisions against Carlton.

I would've been filthy If I was a Crows supporter.

• Like 2

I just have to get this off of my chest.

I'm not sure if any of you saw the Cartlon/Adelaide game yesterday, but

the commentating by Eddie was probably the worst I've ever heard.

Was just trying to get Carlton over the line, was bagging the umps etc.

I reckon Browny and Lynchy were quite embarrassed by some of his comments

about the umpires so called bad decisions against Carlton.

I would've been filthy If I was a Crows supporter.

I agree 100%

I was so annoyed with it, for the first time ever, I was thinking of sending an email of complaint about it.

just another reason why Eddie should not be a commentator

• Like 1

Round 10

attachicon.gifRound 10.JPG

3 mid field tipsters with close margins poised to pounce.

Top tipster CJ (63/533) must be tossing in his bunk with concern about his -129 point margin from the solid will to win 27 (62/404).

Couple of rounds scores of 5 or 6 by the top 2 could see them free falling past the tightly packed midfield of joboss (58/356), AlexRRR (58/357), and bookman (58/358)

Xangsamhua (57/359) is positioned to crumb the pack and sneak a major.

What a round!

Neale Danihar can go on holidays feeling like a millionaire. What a successful effort by the footy fraternity.

Nice summary joboss. The pressure gets to those up the top of the ladder.

Last year we saw both Ripstanley and Khun Will27 have a tight grip on the lead, then fall away under a couple of pressure laden weeks of second guessing themselves.

I expect more of the same this year

• Like 1