Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

The Demons have trumped the Saints by hiring not one but two women, won't be long before some of these cougers get them selves into trouble....

Demons have hired another woman to keep Jack Watts company you say?

Watts is a nice looking bloke, blonde tall and a nice smile....but who knows what will turn them cougars on.....

• Like 2

'He's a freak of nature': Swans youngster confirmed as future Brownlow winner

SYDNEY Swans teenager Callum Mills has the qualities needed to back up the hype surrounding his fledgling career, according to his more experienced teammates.

Mills made history in November when he attracted the AFL's first bid under its new academy system, when the Swans blocked Melbourne's attempt to take him at pick No.3 in the NAB AFL Draft.

The 18 year-old was so highly rated by the Swans hierarchy that he was handed the No.14 jumper to start his career, the same guernsey worn by club legends and Brownlow Medal winners Bob Skilton and Paul Kelly.

From North Shore in Sydney, Mills arrived at the Swans with plenty of fanfare, and co-captain Kieren Jack said the new recruit had impressed everyone at the club while defender Jeremy Laidler called him a 'freak of nature' who could play anywhere.

"He's a really quality kid; he's determined, mentally strong and has performed really well over the pre-season, he hasn't missed a beat," Jack told AFL.com.au from the Swans' pre-season camp in Coffs Harbour.

"We don't want to put too much pressure on him because he's an 18 year-old kid coming into the system for the first time, but I think he can certainly have an impact much the same as (fellow academy product) Isaac (Heeney) did last year.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-04/hes-a-freak-of-nature-swans-youngster-a-serious-round-one-chance

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Ross Lyon prepares his 2016 excuses as to why he didn't win a premiership...again

ROSS LYON will enter the forthcoming season with the equal best winning record of any coach not to win a premiership.

In 143 games in charge of St Kilda and Fremantle, Lyon's winning record is 67 per cent and according to new figures published in the just released2016 AFL Record Season Guide of all those to have coached at least 100 games, only Geelong's Peter Pianto between 1966 and 1970 can match that.

But you won't find the Freo coach feeling, as he says, "tortured" about having a series of teams that have contended strongly year after year, without winning the ultimate prize.

Buoyed after a busy off-season and refreshed after a family holiday in Vietnam, Lyon told AFL.com.au that he feels terrific just 15 days out from the NAB Challenge opener against Richmond.

"Personally I have never felt more in control, more settled and more enthusiastic, fitter and healthier than I am now, so personally I think my best is yet to come," he said on Thursday.

But he understands the talk about the Dockers, who flew from the blocks last year with 12 wins from their first 13 games. The second half of the season became a struggle and their season ended on a limp note with a 27-point loss to eventual premier Hawthorn in a home preliminary final at Domain Stadium.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-04/my-best-is-yet-to-come-lyon-out-to-avoid-unwanted-record

Edited by BookMan

Ross Lyon prepares his 2016 excuses as to why he didn't win a premiership...again

ROSS LYON will enter the forthcoming season with the equal best winning record of any coach not to win a premiership.

In 143 games in charge of St Kilda and Fremantle, Lyon's winning record is 67 per cent and according to new figures published in the just released2016 AFL Record Season Guide of all those to have coached at least 100 games, only Geelong's Peter Pianto between 1966 and 1970 can match that.

But you won't find the Freo coach feeling, as he says, "tortured" about having a series of teams that have contended strongly year after year, without winning the ultimate prize.

Buoyed after a busy off-season and refreshed after a family holiday in Vietnam, Lyon told AFL.com.au that he feels terrific just 15 days out from the NAB Challenge opener against Richmond.

"Personally I have never felt more in control, more settled and more enthusiastic, fitter and healthier than I am now, so personally I think my best is yet to come," he said on Thursday.

But he understands the talk about the Dockers, who flew from the blocks last year with 12 wins from their first 13 games. The second half of the season became a struggle and their season ended on a limp note with a 27-point loss to eventual premier Hawthorn in a home preliminary final at Domain Stadium.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-04/my-best-is-yet-to-come-lyon-out-to-avoid-unwanted-record

Where the hell do they get this headline from ? I can't see anything that I've read here to warrant that.

• Like 2

Where the hell do they get this headline from ? I can't see anything that I've read here to warrant that.

I might have enhanced the headline to what they really meant it to say, Ron

• Like 1

So you're the rascal then. 1zgarz5.gif

clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

Brought tears to my eyes

• Like 1

Oh! Nooo!! Guess he just saw Nick Nat tap the ball over Buddies head and straight to Jetta who takes it cleanly, spins around and drills the winning goal to knock the Swans out of the 2016 finals. Ongoing consequences of AFL stars returning to their home states. Interesting developments.

Sounds like fantasy, joboss

much like the Snapchat photo Chimpy received