Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

But, there could be a loop hole here since they sign a contract for a set time they could very well be seen as a contractor which is self employed technically which means honey they can claim everything....

u cant claim speeding fines as a contractor... dont think u can ckaik parking fines either... can't remember

Very true Bookman.

This is another quote from the article I posted above.

A deduction is not allowable for fines or other amounts payable for an offence against an Australian or foreign law.

Edited by ripstanley
  • Like 1

But, there could be a loop hole here since they sign a contract for a set time they could very well be seen as a contractor which is self employed technically which means honey they can claim everything....

u cant claim speeding fines as a contractor... dont think u can ckaik parking fines either... can't remember

Very true Bookman.

A deduction is not allowable for fines or other amounts payable for an offence against an Australian or foreign law.

I have every time ive got a fine...ive put it though my cash book as a business deduction aan got it, tax office do not check...30 grand on the other hand is hard to hide but sure 5 grand and your earning 300,000 easy to hide in there somewhere unless your audited they wont find it.

Very true Bookman.

I have every time ive got a fine...ive put it though my cash book as a business deduction aan got it, tax office do not check...30 grand on the other hand is hard to hide but sure 5 grand and your earning 300,000 easy to hide in there somewhere unless your audited they wont find it.

You only got it because the Australian Taxation system is self assessment.

if you ever got audited though.............

• Like 1

The Tax office would be carful with Scotts but hey I'm sure he has a very good accountant they can bury things, have you noticed they can make you like look like a rock star when your wanting to get a loan and at tax time make it look like you earned next to nothing....i find that very interesting WILL...

I claimed a few fines over the past few years would not have been more than a grand in say 5 ys and the fines where gathered during my work hours, i dont care what the ruling is the fact of the matter is i wouldn't have been fined or even where i was if it wasn't work related, i have seen it as part of my business expenses, unfortunaltly I'm not a high roller to claim my air fares to and from Thailand let alone get into business class courtesy of the tax payer but there are plenty who can and do....

Edited by AlexRRR

The Tax office would be carful with Scotts but hey I'm sure he has a very good accountant they can bury things, have you noticed they can make you like look like a rock star when your wanting to get a loan and at tax time make it look like you earned next to nothing....i find that very interesting WILL...

I claimed a few fines over the past few years would not have been more than a grand in say 5 ys and the fines where gathered during my work hours, i dont care what the ruling is the fact of the matter is i wouldn't have been fined or even where i was if it wasn't work related, i have seen it as part of my business expenses, unfortunaltly I'm not a high roller to claim my air fares to and from Thailand let alone get into business class courtesy of the tax payer but there are plenty who can and do....

I leave my tax affairs in the capably creative hands of Chimps...he says if u had bought a few work related items and visited a work related business or two u could have made a claim for partial trip expenses being work related

Be good if you could claim counselling expenses after a bad round of tipping..

Nothing over the top,, just the price of a bottle of good whisky.

AFL Tipping could be classified as business networking and post tipping counselling marked down as 'business coaching'

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

An unwelcome distraction for Sydney coming into a crucial game against Geelong. Kieren Jack and a feud with his parents goes public. According to the article his parents dislike his GF so much they went to the club about her.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/kieren-jacks-girlfriend-at-centre-of-family-rift-richmond-axe-leadership-consultant-lumumba-suffers-another-head-knock--media-watch/news-story/73660c63eab05582d0af7fd2a7965a93

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/sydney-swans-captain-kieren-jack-and-brother-brandon-in-bitter-dispute-with-parents-donna-and-garry-20160704-gpy823.html

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Gee, there's still only a bee's dick in it fella's.

Back to a full round next week and have some potential belters.

Kick off on Thursday again with Port at home to Hawthorn.

Port have a pretty good record against the Hawks. A tough one to pick.

On Friday we have Geelong hosting Sydney at skilled.

What a crucial game this is with both sides coming off of losses and the loser more than likely dropping out of the 4.

GWS should belt Collingwood at home, GC should beat Brisbane, Bulldogs to beat Richmond and Melbourne should account for Freo.

On Sunday, Adelaide should beat Carlton at the G and the Sainters should be too good for Essendon.

A month ago, I would've picked WC to beat North at home comfortably, but since getting beaten by Adelaide, the boys are right off the boil.

Essendon were right in the game until 3 quarter time and the Eagles really only played 1 good quarter.

I think Norf might get hold of us unfortunately.

So 3 fitty fitty games and could still be the odd surprise in the others.

All the breast gang.

Like u say , a real tough round.

Port should beat the Hawks, but the way they started last week... I have to question where they are at effort wise. Home ground advantage maybe

Geelong V Sydney...I had Geelong pencilled in a few weeks back for this and I can't see things changing. Geelong at full strength at their home ground. Sydney have distractions

Melbourne V Freo... No gimmee for Melbourne... They should win so they probably wont. This woudl be a smokie game for a tipster this week

North v West Coast... Two underperforming teams at this time of teh season. I'd favour North, even with it being a Weagles home game. Talls V Talls shoot out at either end

• Like 1

David Zaharakis has accepted a 1 match ban for the stomach punch on WCE Jackson Nelson.

They graded the incident as intentional contact with medium contact.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-05/essendons-david-zaharakis-accepts-one-match-ban-for-striking/7570586

Good to see they are getting tougher on the stomach punch and not handing out tax deductions.clap2.gifclap2.gif

• Like 2

post-186435-0-57547400-1467759171_thumb.The Kieren Jack saga today makes front page of the Age, and its all to do with his parents not approving of Kierens girl freind Charlotte Goodlet who happened to be a 2013 Miss Universe finalist and his gf for 3 years, apparently her other claim to fame is she is a model and Nine News producer.

Gary (pop) and Donna (mum) asked the Swans for tickets but could not be accommodated the issue escalated when the Swans informed them Kieren had given his tickets to his 200th game to Charlotte's parents, offering to buy there own tickets and pay for there own travel the Swans told the pair they could not sit in the Swans designated area, it all became to hard for mum and pop, well i guess if you cant sit in that designated area its a ball breaker.....

Big brother Rhys has joined in tweeting I love and support my Mum and Dad to the end of the earth, 2 more genuine people you will not find. For me FAMILY is the number ONE priority.

Now i ask you..how could you not like this girl? Charlotte has refrained from making any comments, it would appear she is the smartest person within this saga.....Our appetite for a good soap opera have been wet hope more goss is forthcoming....

• Like 2

Regardless of whose side you're on (if any), thought it was very untidy by mum to bring it up on twitter.

Unforgiveable IMO.

jack spoke about it at his press conference for his 200th...

A Current Affair has a segment tonight..or last night..not sure

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-2016-sydney-swans-captain-kieren-jack-breaks-silence-over-family-feud-20160706-gpzhfn.html

• Like 1

Regardless of whose side you're on (if any), thought it was very untidy by mum to bring it up on twitter.

Unforgiveable IMO.

jack spoke about it at his press conference for his 200th...

A Current Affair has a segment tonight..or last night..not sure

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-2016-sydney-swans-captain-kieren-jack-breaks-silence-over-family-feud-20160706-gpzhfn.html

I hope mum and dad don't appear on TV.

I noticed the girlfriends family have refused to comment.

Us West Aussies are all classtongue.png

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

Unforgiveable IMO.

Probably the only time I'll ever agree with Matthew Lloyd... He said it was pretty low for Mum to be putting it out on twitter..

• Like 1

Could speculate that,, sometime over the last three years, Jacks Dad Garry could have mentioned in a seemingly harmless comment that Jacks Jilly, Charlotte was pretty hot and and it should have meant nothing.

Sometimes, that is all it takes to get the missus scratching,,

After that, the scratching turns into a festering mental ulcer that inevitably finds a way to come to a head.

Poor Donna, she probably had her match day outfit picked out and had rehearsed her sound bites for the (her) big 200 game day.

Haha! I wonder if Garry and the boys will be allowed to watch the game on the telly? Donna has probably scheduled a Friday night dinner out at an expensive eatery,, just to make a point.

Thank God that an upside of being single is you can get to watch the footy when you want.

• Like 1

11/25 but dam close in quite a few...wai.gif

Beat me, I got 10.

I like sports but a lot of the trivia doesn't stick.

Ask me next week which team captain is having problems with mummy and daddy. sad.png

Trivia it is, me i just rush my eyes over the sporting section, i wouldnt have a clue half the time whats going on, not even up with the footy players, the fantasy win last year was on % of players, picked on performance over who they were, the tipping? just gut and proven performers not rocket science.

I only pay mind to my team couldnt give a rats about the other 17 teams, i went from a footy junkie to having a life away from the MCG and the tellie..

ps...only picked up on the Jack's affair because it was 3rd heading on The Age online this morning... then for lunch checking News online that Jack's affair was prominent there as well.

Edited by AlexRRR

Could speculate that,, sometime over the last three years, Jacks Dad Garry could have mentioned in a seemingly harmless comment that Jacks Jilly, Charlotte was pretty hot and and it should have meant nothing.

After that, the scratching turns into a festering mental ulcer that inevitably finds a way to come to a head.

Poor Donna, she probably had her match day outfit picked out and had rehearsed her sound bites for the (her) big 200 game day.

Haha! I wonder if Garry and the boys will be allowed to watch the game on the telly? Donna has probably scheduled a Friday night dinner out at an expensive eatery,, just to make a point.

Thank God that an upside of being single is you can get to watch the footy when you want.

Awwww your a west aussie arnt you, apparently mums been crook on miss c for a year, pop was once a big pop star in Rugby, egos? who knows, probably, has to be if mum tweeted "we made you kid you owe us" sort of thing, big bro is with mum and pop little bro is with K,, there is a divide, how silly is that?

Ego is not a dirty word said shirley...

If I did not have an ego I would not be here tonight

If I did not have an ego I might not think that I was right

If you did not have an ego you might not care the way you dressed

If you did not have an ego you'd just be like the rest

Chorus

Ego is not a dirty word

Ego is not a dirty word

Ego is not a dirty word

Don't you believe what you've seen or heard

If Jesus had an ego he'd still be alive today

And if Nixon had no ego he might not be in decay

If you did not have an ego you might not care too much who won

If I did not have an ego I might just use a gun

Chorus

Some people keep their egos in a bottom drawer

A fridge full of Leonard Cohen

Have to get drunk just to walk out the door

Stay drunk to keep on goin'

So if you got an ego

You better keep it in good shape

Exercise it daily

And get it down on tape

• Like 1

Awwww your a west aussie arnt you, apparently mums been crook on miss c for a year, pop was once a big pop star in Rugby, egos? who knows, probably, has to be if mum tweeted "we made you kid you owe us" sort of thing, big bro is with mum and pop little bro is with K,, there is a divide, how silly is that?

Ego is not a dirty word said shirley...

If I did not have an ego I would not be here tonight

If I did not have an ego I might not think that I was right

If you did not have an ego you might not care the way you dressed

If you did not have an ego you'd just be like the rest

Chorus

Ego is not a dirty word

Ego is not a dirty word

Ego is not a dirty word

Don't you believe what you've seen or heard

If Jesus had an ego he'd still be alive today

And if Nixon had no ego he might not be in decay

If you did not have an ego you might not care too much who won

If I did not have an ego I might just use a gun

Chorus

Some people keep their egos in a bottom drawer

A fridge full of Leonard Cohen

Have to get drunk just to walk out the door

Stay drunk to keep on goin'

So if you got an ego

You better keep it in good shape

Exercise it daily

And get it down on tape

Alright Shirley, we got it. guitar.gif

FYI Alex, It's the oldest and the youngest Jack's that are together and the middle Jack who is with his parents...

Ahhh ok GRANT, well jurnos arnt what they use to be, as we can tell these days with the likes of Miss Wilson, was clearly stated somewhere and i think it was that big small paper that BIG brother tweeted....and onside of mum and dad, nevermind its the gossip that counts....

Taking Advantage of a Crisis!

Chimps is taking full advantage of the Kieren Jack situation. He is off to see Brandon Jack tonight and is maneuvering into an invite to go and see Jack and Charlotte.

His reasoning is that Charlotte's friends will be flocking to her in support. He just needs to be there to murmur a few well placed words of support and encouragement and and he reckons he is well on his way to a date with a budding supermodel.

He has stripped off his St Kilda jersey and 1970s playing shorts and has put on his best 3 piece suit, tidied off with his signed Buddy Franklin Tie. he does look quite the man about town.

I will keep you updated...

• Like 2