Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Thought the boys were huge last night. Cyril did SFA so that was a bonus.

Not that I dislike him, just all of the commentary that follows. I mean he soccered one

ball of the deck and Lingy was going off about it.

If Nic Nat is out, so are WC I think. Still think we would've struggled to get a home final

as playing Ade away next week but the boys have finally struck a bit of form.

I hope you Sydney boys appreciate what we did for last night. It wasn't easy let me assure you.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard somewhere that if Syd play a home final, it will be played at ANZ stadium.

That's untidy if true. Is it a contractual thing.?

I hope you guys smash Norf today.

I remember someone here predicting Hawthorm would lose 2 more games before seasons end...cant remember who now...:whistling:

Sydney would have to play at ANZ...its contractual but i think the AFL has the final word.  Farcical really. Sydney crowds despise the stadium and dont turn up...Sydney haven't payed there all year. They will be playing on a who knows what type of surface?? There have bene complaints in the past about the ground being too slippery and chopped up.  The only AFL game played there all year.
Swans do have a decent win loss record at the ground, but it isn't what the fans or players want.

I didnt see the Hawks game, but some highlights suggested Jetta had a decent game

55 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I'm thinking/hoping it will be a all interstate GF.

Syd versus Ade is looking quite good.

At least hawks cant have home ground advantage if they aren't there.....MCG GFs.....a definite disadvantage to all interstate teams

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BookMan said:

At least hawks cant have home ground advantage if they aren't there.....MCG GFs.....a definite disadvantage to all interstate teams

Can you, In the future see it being moved like in a lot of other sports?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Buddy will have to kick a bundle in the next two games to take the Coleman.

Eight down at the moment.

Yep,,, 5:0    Five from five attempts against the Hawks was a surprising bonus.

And hardly a Fred Flintstone shuffle amongst them.   Yab Ba Dab A Dooooooooo!!!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Buddy will have to kick a bundle in the next two games to take the Coleman.

Eight down at the moment.

Yep,,, 5:0    Five from five attempts against the Hawks was a surprising bonus.

And hardly a Fred Flintstone shuffle amongst them.   Yab Ba Dab A Dooooooooo!!

7 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Not for a while.

The contract between the MCC-MCG Trust and AFL is due to expire in 2037

This is what Koch said last  year.

Responding to McGuire's comments on the financial issues facing his Magpies and the league as a whole, Koch said: "If you want to have equalisation, let's have it. The grand final is not played on someone's home ground – let's undo the deal. When it's due to come up, if we want, let's set a plan to say: 'OK, you (Collingwood) do travel more, the grand finals aren't always at the MCG. You do your fair share of 1pm Sunday games. Or 1pm Saturday games'.

Edited by Old Croc
  • Like 2

Come on guys....it wasn't such a drastic call to tip the Hawks....for god dam sakes they won the last 3 flags and were on top of the ladder.....and lets face it WCE haven't been setting the world on fire have they?

I would have been a F####in hero if they had of worn....

Anyways it was looking like Demons in Eagles jumpers last night seemed to be a carbon copy of the way we played them.... a few weeks back....

Hibbard a Dee...in the bag.....her we go here we gooooooo

And Jo i feel for you, an early game this season where i picked the opposite to Essendon and they got walloped by 70 plus points.....and the website recon i took the Bombers....my margin would have been god dam assume right now......

• Like 2

Word from the soi Nic Nat's done for the year... Doing his ACL... His sacrifice didn't go un-noticed down in Hobart ;) 

Finally the boys are learning how to ice a game, it wasn't pretty, but the crowd down in Hobart had a distinct red & white flavor to it. Reminded me of when North sold their home games to Sydney in the late 90's...

Though Aliir was solid for 3/4, his first 1/4 looked like he was almost star struck playing on Majak who easily was getting the better of him.

Good to see Cinderella back and looking imposing, should've had a couple of majors to his name but otherwise not a bad start. Naismith's doing well to make Sinclair look like a wasted trade. I think Sinclair slots back in when the time comes. Spiderman Parker was on fire in the first quarter racking up a season best 18 disposals (at 91% efficiency) then almost went missing. Mills continues to repay the punters faith in backing him in for the NAB Rising Star award, Gerard Whateley will be relieved. Heeney just needs to be cleaner with his disposal and marking. Hard to not back Rampe in for All Australian this year, must be something about that #24....

Shit decision by Channel 7 to send that 4th rate commentary team down to Hobart as well... Did Bruce's flight back from Perth get delayed last night? :P 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

Yep, without a doubt.
It will take some type of event or events from interstate teams/fans to kick it off...We have 8 interstate teams now. 
scenarios such as:
GF 5 years in a row featuring 2 interstate teams...(why should fans and teams have to travel to teh MCG to play the biggest game, when their team and home fans deserve the opportunity to see it locally).
An interstate team dominating, the H&A and losing consecutive GFs due to having had to travel to the MCG...

Any contract deal done , if it is to 2037 , to keep a grand final at the MCG smacks of arrogance from an interstate fans perspective. if the AFL wants a true and genuine national competition they have to be fair dinkum about it.

In the past...even recently, the AFL controlled all the messages about the game...but the last few years the public has a huge voice through social media and the AFL spin factory cannot control all of it.

I'm not sure of the feeling out West about the AFL head honchos, but in Sydney the AFL created a lot of resentment over their handling of the Adam Goodes booing affair and their petty trade ban on the Swans because of the Franklin trade... Gil Mclahlan and his smirking ways...

In the end it comes down to how the public supports the sport and if they see it as being fair or nor.  If the public in  WA.SA.QLD.NSW begin to feel resentment against the AFL , it hurts the brand and sponsors start to get uneasy

Then interstate teams need more ballsy statements from their chairpersons like Kochie when it comes to the overarching view of the game and the best thing for their own team...Chairpersons should avoid commentary about players but open up the conversation about interstate finals and interstate travel etc.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Old Croc said:

As tipsters we're a pretty rum bunch!

Will.I.Am  is streeting us, but he's only ranked something like 4,540 in the overall comp.

Not too bad mate..About top 3% of Tipsters?

Finish around 16,000 and you are top 10% of tipsters

• Like 1

Good win to Adelaide. It is good that they are in 2nd place on the ladder with Swans on top. I had to laugh during the last quarter when Adelaide got to about 15 points in front one "commentator" stated that will put them on top. They then showed the live ladder and they were still 2% points behind. In fact Adelaide would have had to win by almost 50 points to take top spot.

It all comes down to the last round l to see who the top four will be and in what order. 

Go the Swans

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BookMan said:

Yep, without a doubt.
It will take some type of event or events from interstate teams/fans to kick it off...We have 8 interstate teams now. 
scenarios such as:
GF 5 years in a row featuring 2 interstate teams...(why should fans and teams have to travel to teh MCG to play the biggest game, when their team and home fans deserve the opportunity to see it locally).
An interstate team dominating, the H&A and losing consecutive GFs due to having had to travel to the MCG...

Any contract deal done , if it is to 2037 , to keep a grand final at the MCG smacks of arrogance from an interstate fans perspective. if the AFL wants a true and genuine national competition they have to be fair dinkum about it.

In the past...even recently, the AFL controlled all the messages about the game...but the last few years the public has a huge voice through social media and the AFL spin factory cannot control all of it.

I'm not sure of the feeling out West about the AFL head honchos, but in Sydney the AFL created a lot of resentment over their handling of the Adam Goodes booing affair and their petty trade ban on the Swans because of the Franklin trade... Gil Mclahlan and his smirking ways...

In the end it comes down to how the public supports the sport and if they see it as being fair or nor.  If the public in  WA.SA.QLD.NSW begin to feel resentment against the AFL , it hurts the brand and sponsors start to get uneasy

Then interstate teams need more ballsy statements from their chairpersons like Kochie when it comes to the overarching view of the game and the best thing for their own team...Chairpersons should avoid commentary about players but open up the conversation about interstate finals and interstate travel etc.

Now now fella.....Football belongs to the VIC's and dont you forget it....you guys joined the old VFL that changed its name to the AFL....get it?

Your not going to pack 100,000 into what ever you call that paddock out west or in Crow land only the  Swans can provide a ground with capacity of 100,000....i know because I've been to it for the Aust and Sth Korea final in the round ball game.

The reality is and on a serious note very few club members get the privilege of being able to see there team in a GF, when i was a member and we made the GF i had to cue up and would have been lucky to get a ticket so i didn't bother, an old gf use to get a seat because she was a MCC member, i think there around 10,000 tickets made available to a club for there members maybe 15,000 but that would be the max, 20 to 30,000 out of 95 to 100, 000 means the rest go to corporate and freeloaders....the beautiful people who like my ex sister in law who didnt like football but yet a babe never went to a game proudly said too me once i have tickets to the GF.......for her it was a social event she didn't give a rats arse who was playing, then you have the problem of corporate do you think they want to go to some far flung place on the globe?There based in Melbourne and Sydney, the GF will stay in Melbourne because its seen as sacred ground of Australian football and it is.......

21 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Now now fella.....Football belongs to the VIC's and dont you forget it....you guys joined the old VFL that changed its name to the AFL....get it?

Your not going to pack 100,000 into what ever you call that paddock out west or in Crow land only the  Swans can provide a ground with capacity of 100,000....i know because I've been to it for the Aust and Sth Korea final in the round ball game.

The reality is and on a serious note very few club members get the privilege of being able to see there team in a GF, when i was a member and we made the GF i had to cue up and would have been lucky to get a ticket so i didn't bother, an old gf use to get a seat because she was a MCC member, i think there around 10,000 tickets made available to a club for there members maybe 15,000 but that would be the max, 20 to 30,000 out of 95 to 100, 000 means the rest go to corporate and freeloaders....the beautiful people who like my ex sister in law who didnt like football but yet a babe never went to a game proudly said too me once i have tickets to the GF.......for her it was a social event she didn't give a rats arse who was playing, then you have the problem of corporate do you think they want to go to some far flung place on the globe?There based in Melbourne and Sydney, the GF will stay in Melbourne because its seen as sacred ground of Australian football and it is.......

The issue is the MCC members seating which is up to 23,000. That really does benefit the richer and people living in Victoria

Sponsors 5-30,000...crazee stuff...far too many

Doesnt matter about the history of the VFL...we are playing AFL now and the game is National. Why should other states have to compromise building their own stories for the sake of the Melbourne football establishment.?

Times change...as will the GF location for the AFL

AFL GRAND FINAL TICKET ALLOCATION The capacity of the MCG will be approximately 100,000 on Grand Final Day.
1. Competing Club Members 16000 - 35000

2. AFL Clubs (18) 0 – 10,000

3. MCC Reserve 16000 - 26000

4. AFL Members 13000 - 23000

5. AFL/Medallion Club Members 4500 - 5000

6. AFL Entitlements/Contractual Obligations 5000 - 30000

7. Competing Clubs 0 - 5000

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

You have just stated why it should not be held at the MCG. The game is for the fans not the F....ing snobs of Melbourne

Hey Rip I'm just as disgusted that freeloaders and social climbers get seats over members and fans as is the point i made about ex sister inlaw, you dont think i was pissed in 88 and 2000 when the Dees made it...id been to every game in Vic and wasn't worthy of a GF ticket and mind you i had been a member forever.

Same with reserved seats....my home ground is the MCG for heavens sake and i lost my seating area.

Football is a business get use to it and the GF isn't leaving the MCG because apart from Sydney no other city has the capacity to provide for the freeloaders that big business is happy to pay for......And lets not forget the MCG is the spiritual home of football.