Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

Damien Hardwick managed to fit this bit of gold into his presser.

"I remember saying to our guys before the game if we put our backs and our mids and had their forwards, all of a sudden your side looks different," Hardwick said.

I mean really guys, if you're a Richmond supporter, is this type of crap really what you want to hear when you've just been embarrassed?

SOunds like David King is giving them pep talks. 

The even funnier part of that is Sydney's forward line has been dysfunctional for 3 years and has only clicked late this year

Comparing Richmond's joker mids with Sydneys is also bizarre...Those guys really are in cuckoo land if they believe that hype
As for defense...Sydney has had statistically (Radar501 take note!!!!) the best defence at denying scoring opportunities since the AFL started keeping records on that part of the game

How about if they kept their forwards and had our mids and backline?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, joboss said:

Just the calm decorum expected of an Eagles supporter.

C'mon Joboss...The days of smoking a victory pipe and sipping sherry while saying to himself 'Jolly good show old boy.' are long gone,...

Will is sitting there in his Man Cave, watching the games, checking the tipping each week, fist pumping the air with each victory, throwing the dogs over the fence with each loss...Screaming at the TV in narrow games.. I'm sure he shouts out 'YESSSSSSSSS!!!' when he sees he has gained another tip on the group...

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Felt better this morning when i heard Saints need 46 goals and to keep Lions to one.:)

The Saints defender Dylan Roberton is turning into a classy play maker,not sure why the Dockers let him go.

Good luck to Pav today,think he's going to need it. 

I would like to see Brisbane drop below Essendon and take the wooden spoon.

Only because it would throw a real spanner in the works with a possible JOM trade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

I would like to see Brisbane drop below Essendon and take the wooden spoon.

Only because it would throw a real spanner in the works with a possible JOM trade.

Seems you have your wish, my quick calculation puts them below Ess on %.

Am I reading the stats right - Riewoldt 21 marks?

Edited by Old Croc
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Well the season is over and I think I can now hang it on Alex.  Mate you said at the start of the season the demons would Finnish above the saints and it didn't happen.  You said through the season that the saints were and average team.  They missed the finals on % and finished the season in the top half.  Sorry mate but by your calculations the demons are a below average side.

OK that said, I will say that the two most improved teams in order were the saints and the demons and expect both to be making a push for that 8th spot next year.  Well done Alex to your boys it's taken them 15 yrs to get that high so hang on the air gets thin up here.

I can See St Kilda, Melbourne, Essendon and possibly GC all going up the ladder.

I can also see North and Richmond both possibly finishing bottom 4.

Any thoughts gang?

6 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I can See St Kilda, Melbourne, Essendon and possibly GC all going up the ladder.

I can also see North and Richmond both possibly finishing bottom 4.

Any thoughts gang?

Essendon definately will rise up around the 8.  The drugs  has been good for them, good pics in last year's draft and all young guys get a season under thier belt, a bit like G Coast and GWS, they will get 3 picks in the draft  top 20 and they have their team back after suspension.   Gold Coast not sure.  The top 4 this year will hard to dislodge from the 8 next year

• Like 1

Well lads,...

Tipping for another year has drawn to a close....and the winner is KhunWill27!!

That's two years in a row the modest rascal has taken the Trophy!

First two time winner...!

Congratulations to the winner!!!

I am unsure of minor placing due to the tipping website not showing me results!  Stay tuned!

1471698066093.jpg

Edited by BookMan

1 minute ago, BookMan said:

Well lads,...

I am unsure of minor placing due to the tipping website not showing me results!  Stay tuned!

1471698066093.jpg

You sell him short BookMan,  the comp this year was bigger than its ever been.  This forum has been growing as has the tipping comp.  4 to 5 years ago it was 6 in the tipping this year what is it 17.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BookMan said:

Well lads,...

Thanks for that BookMan.

The tipping ladder seems to be ok if you use the drop down arrow for round 23.

The silver goes to the boss BookMan with Ron19 getting the bronze.

Nice work everyone.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

This was my prediction in July

Result is 1 out 2 correct

So :clap2:and :wub:

Nice work mate.

Would be interesting to have a look back at some predictions.

I think I was pretty certain Richmond wouldn't make the top 8.

Probably made some shocking calls as well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BookMan said:

C'mon Joboss...The days of smoking a victory pipe and sipping sherry while saying to himself 'Jolly good show old boy.' are long gone,...

Will is sitting there in his Man Cave, watching the games, checking the tipping each week, fist pumping the air with each victory, throwing the dogs over the fence with each loss...Screaming at the TV in narrow games.. I'm sure he shouts out 'YESSSSSSSSS!!!' when he sees he has gained another tip on the group...

Trust me on this, the dogs would be safe... maybe not the Mrs. B)

• Like 2

Well done Will!

I see my calculations were out with Brissie's percentage. Probably fitting the drug cheats came last.

I note Hawthorn won 5 games by less than a goal and another by 9 points. They didn't lose any by those sort of margins.  A great team, or very lucky to be in the top 4?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Well done Will!

I see my calculations were out with Brissie's percentage. Probably fitting the drug cheats came last.

I note Hawthorn won 5 games by less than a goal and another by 9 points. They didn't lose any by those sort of margins.  A great team, or very lucky to be in the top 4?

I didn't want to see the drug cheats get pick one in the draft.  Brisbane pick 2 plus they are getting a priority pick in the 1st round for finishing 2nd last.  What bullshit, they have won more flags than the saints, the saints have failed more than they have and don't get a priority pick.  Bloody AFL favouring interstate clubs over victorian clubs.  This crap of giving concessions and favouring non vic clubs has to stop.

• Like 1

Here is the time and location of the first round of finals

2016 Toyota AFL Finals Series, Week One  

Thursday September 8, 6.10pm at Domain Stadium
Second elimination final - West Coast v Western Bulldogs

Friday September 9, 7.50pm at the MCG
Second qualifying final - Geelong v Hawthorn

Saturday September 10, 3.20pm at ANZ Stadium
First qualifying final - Sydney Swans v Greater Western Sydney

Saturday September 10, 7.10pm at Adelaide Oval
First elimination final - Adelaide v North Melbourne

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

Well done Will!

Mate

I don't mind Hawthorn but I've had enough of them winning.

If it's not West Coast, I'd prefer another interstate side.

Probably Sydney for our guys on here.

If not Sydney, Adelaide who have an ex-west coast player as coach.

I would like to see GWS win as well even though I think they might not be quite ready.

I like the Bulldogs as well but think they've just been decimated.

TBH, I don't mind Geelong either.

Bottom line, no Hawthorn I guess.

• Like 1