Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Stevie J didn't have his J curve fine-tuned yesterday.   He kicked zero goals, five behinds and a couple completely missed the dartboard.

With a half-decent legal eagle, he could claim diminished responsibility.  It worked for Mrs Bobbitt.

Edited by Radar501

23 minutes ago, BookMan said:

The AFL wants GWS to win or do well this finals series...

There will be strong pressure from them to see Stevie J and Mummy play the next game

100% agree.  A fairytale ending is always popular.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I don't want GWS to lose anyone because I would like to see them beat either the Bulldogs or Hawthorn to make the GF.

Will be interesting to see if the MRP have got the minerals to make some tough decisions though.

I think BM is urging Chimpy to attend and assist the prosecution..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

I don't want GWS to lose anyone because I would like to see them beat either the Bulldogs or Hawthorn to make the GF.

Will be interesting to see if the MRP have got the minerals to make some tough decisions though.

I am with you on this. If the Swans fail it will be 

GO GIANTS

• Like 1

6 hours ago, joboss said:

I think BM is urging Chimpy to attend and assist the prosecution..

Chimps and Stevie J have been good Prankster mates for years now..So chimpy might be there for a character reference.

Stevie J has been banned from my place ever since he filled my coffee jar with a 50/0 mix of dirt and instant

8 hours ago, GrantSmith said:

That <deleted> Basil Zemplis, how the <deleted> did he ever get a commentating gig? The bloke was all over the shop, Xav Richards hand balls to Jack for a goal and Basil's like "Richards onto big bro, goal!" Mistaking either Keiran Jack for Ted Richards or Xavier Richards for Brandon Jack... <deleted> simpleton..

MRP's a <deleted> lottery, AFL denies Geelong a home prelim due to crowd numbers but gifts GWS a prelim at Spotless? What a mess... So with that in mind, perhaps Mummy and Stevie get rubbed out.

Given Cinderella's out for a week, you'd have to expect Mummy's going to be given at least a week.

Stevie J, he'll get off because Kennedy came back on and finished the game, MRP'll likely give Kennedy a week for endangering himself in a contest...

Basil is just embarrassingly bad. You'd have thought being from WA, he would at least picked up some tips from Dennis Cometti.

How about when Hewitt kicked a goal and he said ''he's got an old fashioned name and he's an old fashioned footballer".

Just terrible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Basil is just embarrassingly bad. You'd have thought being from WA, he would at least picked up some tips from Dennis Cometti.

How about when Hewitt kicked a goal and he said ''he's got an old fashioned name and he's an old fashioned footballer".

Just terrible.

That was the other <deleted> up I was thinking of, reckon he confused Tom Papley there as well...

Idiot..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thechook said:

GWS defeated the Swans in the reserves grand final.

By 4 points.

The BAD news in the loss was Zak Jones was injured.  Laidler was rested, so is a likely replacement for Callum Mills....But Zak Jones must have been in the frame

Edited by BookMan

1 minute ago, BookMan said:

By 4 points.

The BAD news in then loss was Zak Jones was injured.  Laidler was rested, so is a likely replacement fro Callum Mills....But Zak Jones must have been in the frame

And only after Teddy Richards coughed it up in the defensive 50 and gifted the Giants an open goal...

Laidler and Nankervis were pulled from the team before the bounce as likely replacements for Future Brownlow Medal Winner Mills and Cinderella...

Going to need Laids's toughness this week. Jones got knocked out and I think ran out of time due to the concussion test to be able to come back on.

• Like 1

Righto JoBlow...i would never be able to live it down here if i didn't follow through.....snookered with the Rams game, Distance was the enemy with Raiders and Chargers though i dout both would have been playing at home on same that day, again time factor on the return 2 hrs not enough time to get out of the airport fortune taxis etc etc...College games would have done it....but...steak knees and all....wanted to get out of the box so to speak...i got a ticket to a LA Kings hockey game mucho interesting from the days way back they use to show some games in old Melb town, beat em up and shoot the puck...

Expecting a near riot on the field hope it dont spill out on to the spectators as i will be way up back with now where to go...$US80 for my ticket will need binoculars hehe, not to bad a price considering average ticket was in the 150 plus range and many around 2 grand plus range...

9k from my hotel too which was a hugh factor only concern is jet lag......though i have the afternoon to nap if need be after the game i might go sniffing in the latino quarters ......better idea is back to the hotel some places in LA like like Bagdad...

• Like 1

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-12/mrp-steve-johnson-offered-onegame-ban-shane-mumford-in-the-clear

Well 1 out of 2 is probably the best outcome still surprised that it was Mummy that got off given Cinderella's out for a week...

The question now for GWS is do they roll the dice and challenge it.. I reckon had he been given 3 down to 2 he would've rolled the dice but now... He might just pay his penance and hope the Giants can do the rest...

19 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Whistle Blowers

AFL head umpires coach Hayden Kennedy said he was happy with a contentious decision not to pay Swan Isaac Heeney a mark

or a free kick in a contest with Giant Lachie Whitfield during a tight third quarter of the qualifying final on Saturday. 

"I don't think it's a free kick because you are allowed an element on incidental contact as long as your objective is the ball," he said.

"In regards to the mark, I reckon it's one of those if the umpire had paid the mark we'd support it.

"But certainly if the mark was paid I think there'd be enough support (from the umpires department) to say it was."

Huh!!

It's either a mark or it isn't one would've thought.

You can't have 50 cents each way.

Funny how a soccer through for a point by a Hawks in the first quarter was overlooked:facepalm:

I can understand wanting to back the umps, but why bother having the segment if you're

just going to make a case for every bad decision?

Shocked that Kennedy said that the Umps got it wrong regarding Patton's incorrect disposal... What the actual <deleted>?

Edited by GrantSmith

8 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Righto JoBlow...i would never be able to live it down here if i didn't follow through.....snookered with the Rams game, Distance was the enemy with Raiders and Chargers though i dout both would have been playing at home on same that day, again time factor on the return 2 hrs not enough time to get out of the airport fortune taxis etc etc...College games would have done it....but...steak knees and all....wanted to get out of the box so to speak...i got a ticket to a LA Kings hockey game mucho interesting from the days way back they use to show some games in old Melb town, beat em up and shoot the puck...

Expecting a near riot on the field hope it dont spill out on to the spectators as i will be way up back with now where to go...$US80 for my ticket will need binoculars hehe, not to bad a price considering average ticket was in the 150 plus range and many around 2 grand plus range...

9k from my hotel too which was a hugh factor only concern is jet lag......though i have the afternoon to nap if need be after the game i might go sniffing in the latino quarters ......better idea is back to the hotel some places in LA like like Bagdad...

Are you going on about bloody soccer again

Stevie J...where did they come up with a one match ban from?  

Ahhh. Just one game in case they make the GF..okay!   And best be cautious and not give Mummy any ban now it is finals

Callum Mills mark was surely clear as it can be...GWS super late to the ball and knocks it out of his hands....if that's the new interpretation then great for defenders. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BookMan said:

Stevie J...where did they come up with a one match ban from?  

Ahhh. Just one game in case they make the GF..okay!   And best be cautious and not give Mummy any ban now it is finals

Callum Mills mark was surely clear as it can be...GWS super late to the ball and knocks it out of his hands....if that's the new interpretation then great for defenders. 

Do you not mean Isaac Heeney?

Callum Mills was on the sidelines with an injury.

12 hours ago, Thechook said:

Are you going on about bloody soccer again

OMG, football meat pies and the soon to disappear Holden car which is a yank cheve ripp off jingle by the way...

No CHOOKS.....its ICE HOCKEY....the yanks actually have multiple sports way over there unlike the English refugees who cannot cope with anything more than footy and cricket.....

A little bit unsavoury but I hope he doesn't get hung out to dry over it.

Mumford in hot water over Buddy sledge

GWS ruckman Shane Mumford has come under fire for an apparent sledge at Sydney's Lance Franklin over his break from the game for mental health reasons during last year's AFL finals series.

Mumford admitted to club bosses he told Franklin words to the effect of: "It's good to see you're not on holidays this year" in Saturday's finals derby, according to News Corp Australia. The AFL is unlikely to step into the situation, and the Giants will reportedly speak to the Swans before determining an internal punishment.

Mumford is then expected to meet with the club again over the matter, which occured during the Giants' 36-point win over the Swans in the qualifying final.

Mumford, who won a premiership with the Swans in 2013, was involved in a mid-match scuffle with Franklin on Saturday.

Franklin made the call to skip last year's finals series for the Swans to deal with "ongoing mental health issues".

30 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

OMG, football meat pies and the soon to disappear Holden car which is a yank cheve ripp off jingle by the way...

No CHOOKS.....its ICE HOCKEY....the yanks actually have multiple sports way over there unlike the English refugees who cannot cope with anything more than footy and cricket.....

Perhaps it should be in the ice hockey forum then:rolleyes:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Actually I don't have any English blood.  I'm irish/chinese decent. 

• Like 1