Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Another week with a few upsets.

This weeks winner is Joboss with 7/9. Well done with some good picks. Overall leader is Carnegie Joe but Joboss is climbing the ladder.

Noooo BookMan has climb above me

I noticed w00t.gif

• Like 1

What a way to finish off the round!

The two Western Australian sides are top 2

and Carlton equal lastbiggrin.png

You gone off robbo mate?

Mate

They've changed Robbo's articles to premium

and I can't access themsad.png

What a way to finish off the round!

The two Western Australian sides are top 2

and Carlton equal lastbiggrin.png

You gone off robbo mate?

Mate

They've changed Robbo's articles to premium

and I can't access themsad.png

Behind a pay wall!

I bet that gets them a few tens of thousands less readers

• Like 1

Roos talks for the second time in a week on jack watts, no one noticed when he was subbed on late in the third and Roos didn't say a word the Dees booted 5 goals to 0 and basically got us going....not even a Judge in his prime was a 100 min a game player, draft them older is Roos idea.

Malthouse has an air tight contract he will Finnish the season, the blues will eventually rebound there not that bad maybe they should sack the president for not coming out in support, good piece in the age from pagan about how the blues are still the same old.

Roos talks for the second time in a week on jack watts, no one noticed when he was subbed on late in the third and Roos didn't say a word the Dees booted 5 goals to 0 and basically got us going....not even a Judge in his prime was a 100 min a game player, draft them older is Roos idea.

Malthouse has an air tight contract he will Finnish the season, the blues will eventually rebound there not that bad maybe they should sack the president for not coming out in support, good piece in the age from pagan about how the blues are still the same old.

This article?

Melbourne coach Paul Roos has launched a scathing attack on the AFL draft system, saying the game is setting up teenagers for failure.

Roos said the ongoing and often savage scrutiny on Jack Watts could be largely traced back to Watts' status as an AFL's No.1 draft choice. He added that the memory of Watts' ill-fated Queen's Birthday teenaged debut still made him angry.

"We've tried to make it too much like America and in America the players are aged 22 and out of college. I discussed it quite frankly with the kids at the draft camp last year, where I warned them that it made me uncomfortable the way we parade them out and set them up to fail."It's not just Jack," said Roos, "and only Jack knows how Jack's feeling, but I think he's an example of a system that sees these young kids come into footy just ill-prepared for the whole draft thing where we wheel out these kids and throw them into the spotlight.

"There are so many examples. There's Gibbs, there's Murphy, there's Kreuzer and now we're seeing it with Tommy Boyd and Jonathon Patton.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/draft-sets-up-teens-to-fail-says-melbourne-coach-paul-roos-20150511-ggzad4.html

• Like 1

This article?

Melbourne coach Paul Roos has launched a scathing attack on the AFL draft system, saying the game is setting up teenagers for failure.

Roos said the ongoing and often savage scrutiny on Jack Watts could be largely traced back to Watts' status as an AFL's No.1 draft choice. He added that the memory of Watts' ill-fated Queen's Birthday teenaged debut still made him angry.

"We've tried to make it too much like America and in America the players are aged 22 and out of college. I discussed it quite frankly with the kids at the draft camp last year, where I warned them that it made me uncomfortable the way we parade them out and set them up to fail."It's not just Jack," said Roos, "and only Jack knows how Jack's feeling, but I think he's an example of a system that sees these young kids come into footy just ill-prepared for the whole draft thing where we wheel out these kids and throw them into the spotlight.

"There are so many examples. There's Gibbs, there's Murphy, there's Kreuzer and now we're seeing it with Tommy Boyd and Jonathon Patton.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/draft-sets-up-teens-to-fail-says-melbourne-coach-paul-roos-20150511-ggzad4.html

That was one of the two....might be a good idea if Roos puts a sock in his gob too....but did you notice how creative Watts was when he came on? Doubt you would have but I certainly did and we got going for the first time in the match.

Watts was mooted as a key position forward but really he is suited more as a creative midfielder he is a typical old style 90's tall hawthorn type can play on talks and shorts alike.

That was one of the two....might be a good idea if Roos puts a sock in his gob too....but did you notice how creative Watts was when he came on? Doubt you would have but I certainly did and we got going for the first time in the match.

Watts was mooted as a key position forward but really he is suited more as a creative midfielder he is a typical old style 90's tall hawthorn type can play on talks and shorts alike.

I didn't think he was that good when he came on really. I thought Sydney had more or less gone to sleep by then

Haha.....he isn't an inside midfielder he is both an outside mid mobile ruck rover type very much in the style of jimmy Stynes and a few Hawks I can't recall, just lacks a few inches to be a mobile ruckman.

Sure the game was over but we had no drive around the middle of the park Watts changed that.....

I'm getting tired of defending the guy but there is a reason a few clubs were after him back at end of 2013, he still is young and around 195cm and you know the old story the bigger guys take a long time to develop.

As for the swans game they were never going to loose but to be honest Roos game plan is now dated even we under Danahier knocked the Swans off a couple if times, we just struggle to get the ball from centre on, which tells me we're still in need of 3 or 4 more midfielders.

• Like 2

Guy's, this is certainly different. I quite like it (I think) although

there would be quite a few games with little or no value. There

are now though I guess.

Thoughts?

Fixture top of the agenda for club CEOs meeting with the AFL

Under that proposal all clubs would play each other once in their first 17 games before the competition is split into three groups of six according to each club's ladder position (which could be after round 18 depending on byes).

The top six teams would then play each other once in the remaining five rounds for their position in the finals, the middle six teams would compete for seventh and eighth position and the bottom six teams would fight for draft positions.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-14/fixture-top-of-the-agenda-for-club-ceos-meeting-with-the-afl

Under that system would it be like having finals before the finals?

You would have two teams playing each other 3 times in 8 weeks. Home & Away, Finals, Grand final

Alex, you will be happy mate. They are discussing your conference system as a possible.

• Like 1