Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

'Tis the silly season after all...

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports-life/i-deeply-regret-my-poor-choice-david-king-charged-with-drink-driving/news-story/70727fa5c760336d8e6fb5dbded00063

DUAL North Melbourne premiership player David King has stepped down from his trade period TV hosting duties after being charged with driving under the influence.

King recorded a blood alcohol reading of 0.10 in the early hours of Wednesday morning after being involved in a minor car collision, in which no one was injured.

King said he accepted full responsibility for his actions and would do everything to earn respect back.

“After having some end of season drinks, I made a terrible decision to drive and was involved in a minor incident with another vehicle. I was subsequently charged with driving under the influence recording an alcohol reading of 0.10,” King said in a statement.

“I deeply regret my poor choice to get behind the wheel and am embarrassed and ashamed of my actions, I am thankful no one was injured.

“I’ve not only let myself down but more importantly my family, friends, workplace and the public who I put at risk.

“I accept full responsibility and any repercussions which result from this.”

King was due to co-host The Trade Lowdown on Fox Footy during the upcoming AFL exchange period.

“I’ve stepped down from my upcoming Fox Footy trade week hosting duties,” he said.

“I know I’ve lost a lot of respect and will do everything I can to earn that back.”

In a statement, Fox Footy said the matter now sat with the judicial system.

“We are aware David King was recently charged with driving under the influence of alcohol. FOX FOOTY does not condone this behaviour and takes the matter very seriously. We know David deeply regrets his actions,” the statement read.

“The matter now sits with the judicial system.”

Well Danny Shiel aint going to the Saints....Chooks got to excited in the press fodder its Hawks or Blues if he returns to Victoria....But you have landed a cheap mid from us for pick 199....

Hogan has gone to Bali....he inspected the Dockers facilities during the week and now will mull it out on the beach.....on his pay packet i could have thought of far more exotic locations to think it through...I had a "chook" moment so dont blame me if im wrong....i think he just might stay a Dee and sign a long term contract to boot...Meanwhile the Dockers are playing Russian Roulette by knocking back Lions pick 4 i think for Lackie.....maybe there not confident that Hogan is a done deal....The Demons WILL want 2 low first round picks...or go suck a lemon....

Darcy Moore WILL stay a pie for a little while longer then when he becomes a FA WILL swap over to the Dee's like his pop did that WILL be around the time big Max's career WILL be going to a close...

"The Special One" Jose Mourinho WILL be getting the silver bullet this weekend its reported, he and Pogo stick have been at logger heads for his entire stay, in Pogo sticks favour i watched him in the world cup and he does look a little lazy but hey he's dam good too he makes things happen from seemingly impossible positions...seems Jose has lost his players, threw a spammie when the board did not go out and buy his requests, anyway its always been 3rd year shoot yourself in the foot for Jose...There are reports former Real Madrid manager is taking English lessons so there you have it in a nut shell....United face off with Newcastle Untied Magpies this weekend think there winless the difference is there highly rated manager didnt throw a fit when they ignored his requests for $$$ to find new players, there struggling and a good chance to get a win and that will end Jose's career at Manchester United.

Brown's took a hammering in the second half last week, but still had a chance to win late in the game.....Baker Mayfeild there quarter back with the xfactor just couldnt do it, lot of quality rookies in the team having a bad hair day....Drew Brees New Orleans Saints QB could break the all time record for passing yards thrown by a QB news week against the Redskins...around 200 yards WILL do it...

Ive worked it out...why they wear so much padding....unlike AFL players the guy with the ball is a sitting duck often its a 300 pound wreaking machine that is going to take you out, a back charging through the line of scrimmage WILL have up to 5 guys attack him from all sides a wide receiver or tight end WILL be 4 feet in the air only to have his feet taken out from him and another helmet him in guts...

Just 2 more weeks for the iPhone XR .....what colour guys? i normally get the silver and white....but the new phones only have a coloured back....im leaning towards the soft baby blue or yellow though i might revisit my black days....i have a red cover on my 7 and i like it...what too do what to do.... 

• Like 1

Yes, the exodus has begun.

Tom Lynch has committed to Richmond which will make them

very hard to beat (again) next year. They have lost some depth players

but that comes with the territory when you land a million dollar player.

Luke Dahlhaus has gone to the Cats. 

Speaking of the Cats, their gun recruit Tim Kelly wants to go to the Eagles.

Geelong have every right to be filthy after only 1 year.

Another case of "the Mrs is homesick".

Scott Lycett will go home to Port for reportedly 5 years at $600 000 per year.

Good on him. WC would've never offered him that. Will always be a good

2nd banana but never quite number 1.

Speaking of Port, I see Alex's love child Jack Watts came a reasonable

21st in Ports F&B:biggrin: Their other 2 recruits in Motlop and Rockliff also finished

outside the top 10. Fair to say that group was a bust.

Now the footy world is waiting on Hogan and Gaff.

Melbourne can cover Jess and get in May which would be huge.

Jesse seems unable to commit. Only signed a new deal 2 years ago.

I love Gaffy but just make  decision son.

He hasn't cracked a smile since he belted Brayshaw and it's been getting on my tits TBH.

Not making a decision makes it harder on the club to prepare.

Either way, both won't be buying their Black and Gold jelly beans

from Big W. It will be Allen's all of the way.

Edited by Will27
No coffee
  • Like 2

Yeah well....no decision means he's gone....dont need a PHD to know that dear WILLIAM....though Hogans is different he's on the cusp of a possible big run with the Demons think that WILL be the deciding factor as he could have asked to go home last year instead of sign an extended contract (Testical cancer, father passing away they were plenty of reasons for going home last year)  its just that the Dockers offered him the Perth Mint the Australia 2 a lear jet for taking the Gf out on his off weekends plus an AFL live subscription to keep up with this mates in Melbourne....

I hope the Hawks get Shiel.....love to see them paying 3/4 of there salary cap for there top 5....means they WILL always come unstuck in finals....

About time the AFL slap a time frame on how long players play for a club....

Starting too get on my nerves listening to the NFL games when they talk about journeymen...4 years 4 teams...Boys when you get drafted dont go interstate if your going to ask for a transfer in 3 years....stay playing in the VFL or your state leagues....The Swans payed Anthony R 50,000 under the table to play 1 year and check us out if you dont like it we WILL clear you off to the Pies....which is what happened./..how do I know? I know cause his manger was my accountant who advised him as a 17 year old to buy one of our units we were building.....and that was in the 90's....a little birdie told me Maddern the older Bombers was payed heaps of mula under the table to keep him as Geffory the Doctor wanted him up in Sydney it is said in the dream time that said player owned a very nice period home in what is very posh part of Essendon...and fully paid for by the Bombers....

• Like 1

Relief for Uncle WILL.... Gaff stays an eagle not public yet but it WILL be soon, now how to get Kelly.......

Fj's North and Chooks Saints cant seem to land a big fish they just keep getting yabbies....

Now for Hogan...WILL he or Wont he? mercenary or loyalist? Dockers have been sniffing around like a hungry dog for ever....the latest is they WILL throw in a subscription to a West Aussie Newspaper for life...can you believe that? 2 first round pics for Jeff Farmer....how good is that? what a deal boys....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Relief for Uncle WILL.... Gaff stays an eagle not public yet but it WILL be soon, now how to get Kelly.......

Fj's North and Chooks Saints cant seem to land a big fish they just keep getting yabbies....

Now for Hogan...WILL he or Wont he? mercenary or loyalist? Dockers have been sniffing around like a hungry dog for ever....the latest is they WILL throw in a subscription to a West Aussie Newspaper for life...can you believe that? 2 first round pics for Jeff Farmer....how good is that? what a deal boys....

Yep, I thought Gaff was Max Gawn as well Alex.

Kelly and or Lobb and I'll be a happy camper.

• Like 1

Ahhh the silly season is upon us...

Lynch to Punt Road for a couple of tim tams and iced vovo's, North a day late a buck short again, Gaff surprising even Julie Bishop that he's going to stay on and a handful of other murmurs and innuendo and that was just the talk between Somsak and Somchai over who had the best Somtum on the soi...

Busted Swans speedster Gary Rohan looks set to join the Cats for a reported packet of jatz crackers and a free AFL Live Pass for 2019, reports that the exact details of how many devices can use the AFL Live Pass next year is holding up paperwork being lodged.

Talks are stalled between Saints and Swans on Hanners, Paddy McCartin is pushing to be included in the trade but the Swans are standing firm that he can't be considered, Lethlen apologised for Paddy's behavior apparently he bumped his head getting out of his Uber this morning and he thinks he's back at the rookie draft. Talk has shifted to on trading the packet of Jatz Crackers to keep McCartin a Saint for life...

????  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GrantSmith said:

Ahhh the silly season is upon us...

Lynch to Punt Road for a couple of tim tams and iced vovo's, North a day late a buck short again, Gaff surprising even Julie Bishop that he's going to stay on and a handful of other murmurs and innuendo and that was just the talk between Somsak and Somchai over who had the best Somtum on the soi...

Busted Swans speedster Gary Rohan looks set to join the Cats for a reported packet of jatz crackers and a free AFL Live Pass for 2019, reports that the exact details of how many devices can use the AFL Live Pass next year is holding up paperwork being lodged.

Talks are stalled between Saints and Swans on Hanners, Paddy McCartin is pushing to be included in the trade but the Swans are standing firm that he can't be considered, Lethlen apologised for Paddy's behavior apparently he bumped his head getting out of his Uber this morning and he thinks he's back at the rookie draft. Talk has shifted to on trading the packet of Jatz Crackers to keep McCartin a Saint for life...

????  

:clap2:

On 10/3/2018 at 1:27 PM, farmerjo said:

Very happy Will.

Outside run is what we need and those 3 could make next year exciting.

It showed this year with getting Billy Hartung in although he was an A reserve type and now delisted.

Just don't to get to carried away until pen is to paper and we saw the Bombers pick 3 up last year and basically took them to long to gel.

But why not dare to dream.

Bulldogs,Tigers,West Coast,Norf?????

On the GF,with family members supporting both sides it was one of the rare years that i sat to watch it not really having a full on blast for one side just hoping for a close one.

My sister had to fly via Sydney and back from Perth just to get to the game at 3 times the normal airlines price but she's pretty happy now after being to 2 WCE losing granny's. 

HI Farmer 

Why did North delist Hartung? I thought he had a good year , and generally played well in the matched he featured in!! 

Edited by James Roderick

Relaxed country West Aussie occer.....taking his sweet time in making up his mind, gees son its money with a basket case or a little less for glory how easy is that?

Another Gaff? the deal is the Dee's happy to move you on while your worth a lot were over trade talks every year, Dee's have told Freo picks 5 and 6 WILL seal the deal my mouth is watering over this...2 low first round picks for Jeff Farmer how good is that?

Yes some write ups today on the continuing saga of Hogan going west 3 out of 4 years to date, wont go away, i assume the Demons have told him to make up his mind for once and for all if your starting you sign a 6 year contract that WILL take him till his 30...

Little something for Alex, caught up with your old boy David Neitz today at a work function at Mooney Valley. He's the co owner and founder of Brewmanity, makes a nice drop called Social Beast so organised for him to come along to the Albion Charles in Northcote.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Thechook said:

Little something for Alex, caught up with your old boy David Neitz today at a work function at Mooney Valley. He's the co owner and founder of Brewmanity, makes a nice drop called Social Beast so organised for him to come along to the Albion Charles in Northcote.

Now's thats a strange occupation for an ex footballer...just dont seem the type to be into micro brewing....he looks more like a clerk in a government office....you know..nice sweet smiling all the time with not much to say....

Well Fjs's boys are now in the hunt for Tyson...a handy player he is WILL come for half the price and be close to as servicable meanwhile time is ticking away on Hogan he's bound to get a call today while sunning on a Bali beach "hey fella what ya gonna do?" Dee's might just trade him anyway im just about over this yearly merry round......sim salsa bin laden...

• Like 2

Plenty of movement at the station today....

Polec and Pittard from Port go to North for Pick 11 and some future fan dangled super chip from rumoured to be in the human testing phase at Red Rock..

North send Ryan Clarke to the Harbour City for a packet of pringles which was regifted to them by the Swans after sending Gary Rohan down to the Cattery.

Chook's might be a tad upset losing Tom Hickey for little more than half a tim tam and a four'n'twenty pie next season.

Tom Langdon from the Pies is in the Harbour City being seen to by the Docs, not sure if being prepped for a trade or in for a check up before he goes on holidays. Word is a bit of column A and a little of column B...

Swans not done yet as they traded their first round pick, currently 13, to Carlton for a couple of 2nd round picks (26,28 & 40) so they can lock away their Father/Son pick, son of Assistant Coach and heir apparent John Blakey. Works out that the additional picks give the Swans a fair wad of points.

Mitch McGovern heading in the opposite direction to brother Jeremy, in a switch to the old dark navy blues. The Blues only having to part with Pick 13, some fella from the local auskick and half a jatz cracker...

Edited by GrantSmith
  • Like 1

Browsing the online version of the Age over my wicked mid week pizza dinner and.....seems the deal is done Dockers treading catuiosuly due to Hogans late in the season foot injury....Dee's even backed off for there 2 first round picks for 1 and maybe next years or a 2cd round pick....piss weak Dee's we should be holding out for 2, Crows minced us last year now the Dockers this year...BUT wait theres more....maybe they smell a real tilt at a flag coming soon on the G...seems Sun's capitano May is in the bag...yes "in the bag" there going to play it out like something like the movie the Dam Busters...WILL sneak up on you at midnight and release there load....

Well i for one WILL be glad its gets done kinda happy to not have to put up with the speculation end of every season, I dont go for buying over by much, not much point having 5 millionaires in your team and the rest are counting there pennies...Hawk's & Cat's beware.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thechook said:

Well the Saints are doing well in the trade period, sent their n# 1 ruckman to the Eagles and signed up Billy Slater from Melbourne Storm.  Going to be long year again in 2019

Chooka

What's the call on Hickey?

I never really rated him but TBH didn't pay that much attention.

Did Longer overtake him as the number 1 ruckman?

9 hours ago, Will27 said:

Chooka

What's the call on Hickey?

I never really rated him but TBH didn't pay that much attention.

Did Longer overtake him as the number 1 ruckman?

Hickey was our ruckman as was Ben Mcevoy who we traded to Hawthorn for Shane savage who turned out to be a dud.  Mcevoy went on to be a very good player.  Hickey can play forward and support Nik Nat and is younger. Obviously the Eagles see something in him as they gave their 2nd Rd pick for him.

• Thanks 1

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/docker-shocker-as-freo-pull-pin-on-hogan-pursuit-20181012-p509d7.html

Well shoot yourself in the foot Dockers shoot off another toe....if i was Hogan i would never entertain another offer from that club after running he and the Demons and the Suns around then doing a back flip only to say they couldnt meet the Dee's trade demands when in fact they could have until they swapped first round picks with Port i think...Bell is penis head....thought he could convince Lackie to stay...sure i dont mind the idea to hold him to his contract if they can and send out a message to all players that a contract is a contract but then again they could have demanded more from the Lions too....Now next year if Hogan wants to go home only the Eagles are left....hehehe....

Of course WILL Hogan Will be worth more end of next season though i think the kid WILL put pen to paper and sign a long one....stitching him up for the next 5 ys..

• Like 1

On 10/11/2018 at 6:12 AM, Thechook said:

Well the Saints are doing well in the trade period, sent their n# 1 ruckman to the Eagles and signed up Billy Slater from Melbourne Storm.  Going to be long year again in 2019

Come on fella....you got Harmes for a 60's pick if he can stay injury free you might have a good buy....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/docker-shocker-as-freo-pull-pin-on-hogan-pursuit-20181012-p509d7.html

Well shoot yourself in the foot Dockers shoot off another toe....if i was Hogan i would never entertain another offer from that club after running he and the Demons and the Suns around then doing a back flip only to say they couldnt meet the Dee's trade demands when in fact they could have until they swapped first round picks with Port i think...Bell is penis head....thought he could convince Lackie to stay...sure i dont mind the idea to hold him to his contract if they can and send out a message to all players that a contract is a contract but then again they could have demanded more from the Lions too....Now next year if Hogan wants to go home only the Eagles are left....hehehe....

Of course WILL Hogan Will be worth more end of next season though i think the kid WILL put pen to paper and sign a long one....stitching him up for the next 5 ys..

I reckon Freo are crazy not offering 2 first round picks.

They have picks 5 and will get 4 for Neale.

They desperately need a big forward.

Unless they're not telling us something and have lined something else up,

I think it's madness.

• Like 1

They swapped there low

pick to Port for pick 11 and a couple of low ones Lions offered 5 for Lackie, Port are after one of the gun SA kids in the draft not sure what Dockers got out of it, yes a back flip and I’d say Bell would have had an influence over the back flip, they been hot for Hogan since he arrived in Melbourne, mind you Freo gives us that pick which we used to draft under 17 year old Hogan who sat it out at Casey for a few years before eligible to play seniors for the Koori rock star we have all forgotten off in one Jeff Farmer.

Dout Jess will entertain anymore future business with the Dockers...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1