Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

59 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Yep, Cuzz interviewed by the hard hitting Basil Zemplis, can't wait:glare:

Talk about throwing everything away.

Was just about the most popular person in WA at one time.

Brownlow medallist, captain of an AFL team, movie star looks, magnificent physique, loaded, charisma oozing out of him.

He would've been number 1 target for media gigs post retirement you would've thought.

Every guy wanted to have a beer with him and the ladies....well.

Has there ever been a bigger fall from grace for such a high profile AFL player?

What a waste.

And such a public meltdown

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

I'm happy to help in any way i can , if you think it will cheer the players up

The proposed salary cap cuts, both soft and hard bring up an interesting question.

What happens to a guy like Brodie Grundy who signed at about a million a year for 7 years?

Can that contract be torn up?

Also guys like Jordan De Goey whose out of contract this year.

Pre-virus he's be looking at around $800 000 per year I would've though.

He's got Nathan (Buckley's) of getting that now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

The proposed salary cap cuts, both soft and hard bring up an interesting question.

What happens to a guy like Brodie Grundy who signed at about a million a year for 7 years?

Can that contract be torn up?

Also guys like Jordan De Goey whose out of contract this year.

Pre-virus he's be looking at around $800 000 per year I would've though.

He's got Nathan (Buckley's) of getting that now.

He should worry.......just forget now think it was a high profile GWS player in the last year of his contract and back ended meant to be earning 1.7 big ones this year....dont think he's mrs is too happy right now.....

Can imagine they will do it on there base salary dear WILL....

As for Ben, bad boys always attract the girls.....and other naughty types....and the ones who think they can fix them......Guess hes run out of money and C7 paying mucho mula to get his story that we already know, id like to know why the warning bells didnt go off way back when he was chased/pulled over by the honerable WA police force left his GF stranded in his car and jumped the fence and vanished into the paddocks.....dont think the Eagles moved at that time to trim his feathers...but i could be wrong since there not my team....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

This will bring back good memories for our Sydney contingent.

The 1996 prelim, not Lloydy nearly dying:smile:

I would’ve died that night': Lloyd's other 1996 prelim nightmare

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/i-would-ve-died-that-night-lloyd-s-other-1996-prelim-nightmare-20200326-p54e9l.html

Great stuff
great finish

Reminds me of the 2005 grand final finish

Khun Will has sent me a message imploring me to source some more of the Swans highlights from their memorable finals lead ups. 

Who could forget this 2005 Semi Final where Geelong had the game done and dusted, up by 22 points  and only 10 minutes to go in the final quarter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BookmanBkk said:

Khun Will has sent me a message imploring me to source some more of the Swans highlights from their memorable finals lead ups. 

Who could forget this 2005 Semi Final where Geelong had the game done and dusted, up by 22 points  and only 10 minutes to go in the final quarter.

Yep, nice one BM.

Remember watching that one live.

Nick "I see it but I don't believe it" Davis turned the game on it's head.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2020 at 9:00 PM, sceadugenga said:

Pity some of the TV mob didn't decide to show a few full game replays from the last 30 years on weekends.

Maybe not include the dates to give them a bit of interest.

I know there's a few smarties here that would recognise the players/runners/water boy and instantly know all the quartertime scores let alone the winners but most of us would get a bit of a buzz out of it. 

3aw radio in Melbourne are broadcasting the 1989 grand final at the moment 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

The televised grand final with the 3AW commentary

Thanks BM.

Was just about to download it from youtube when I heard Rex Hunt commentating.

That was enough for me not bother.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Will27 said:

Thanks BM.

Was just about to download it from youtube when I heard Rex Hunt commentating.

That was enough for me not bother.

Speaking of Rex, he's really lost the plot.

He absolutely went coco's at Mike Sheahan on the You Cannot be Serious podcast.

After several minutes of Hunt saying how much he disliked he, Sheahan said "If you don't like me Rex, why do you talk to me at social gatherings"?

Rex said "I only talk to you because my wife makes me. If it wasn't for her I wouldn't

give you the time of day":biggrin:

Poor old Mike must've thought it was the Mark Jackson interview all over again.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Speaking of Rex, he's really lost the plot.

He absolutely went coco's at Mike Sheahan on the You Cannot be Serious podcast.

After several minutes of Hunt saying how much he disliked he, Sheahan said "If you don't like me Rex, why do you talk to me at social gatherings"?

Rex said "I only talk to you because my wife makes me. If it wasn't for her I wouldn't

give you the time of day":biggrin:

Poor old Mike must've thought it was the Mark Jackson interview all over again.

Might be some truth to that rhyme of "Rex Hunt is a C..."

• Like 1

Chimps just video called me from the largest and most advanced data centre in Northern Thailand, AKA Khun WIll's tipping lair. ????

The fellas have been crunching the numbers for season return and likely tipping winners.

At this stage it is looking like the earliest/best case scenario we will see a return to footy being played is July ????

Players have committed to playing until December, although there is the issue of ground and venue availability and TV coverage slots being available. 
For Tipsters a shortened season means the Tipping crown is going to be a close contest with a reduced spread between 1st and last, with most tipsters in with a chance until the last game of the season.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Radar501 said:

Where there's a WILL, there's a way.   Flexibility will be the key.

It's all speculation of course, but if Cricket Australia claims first digs of the MCG, SCG etc from October onwards, there are plenty of secondary stadiums available for footy nationwide.

The AFL owns The Docklands, so why not ramp up its workload with four of five games each round, even some double headers.   Those precious snowflakes from Perth may need to suffer the indignity of playing a few homes games in Melbourne.

If the games are going to be lockouts, then having a venue capacity of 100,000 is irrelevant.   As long as ground condition, change room facilities, temporary scaffolding for TV camera crews etc are suitable, there's no reason why a game can't be played up at Manangatang Shire Reserve.

As for TV scheduling, Channel 7 would be well aware of the huge ratings that the telecasts would attract from starving footy fans.   If a few episodes of Oprah Winfrey get pulled off-air, then I will just have to suffer in silence.

Dunno about the rest of you guys, but I feel like a lost soul this weekend.

I'm hearing you mate.

I'm flat!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

A picture from my tipping lab has been leaked.

I told security to search Chimpy and take his camera.

Someone will get an <deleted> kicking for this security breach.

D8dG7xYU0AAYwbs.jpg

By the look on those guys faces I am guessing they have hacked Alex's account and looked at his future tips

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Radar501 said:

Where there's a WILL, there's a way.   Flexibility will be the key.

It's all speculation of course, but if Cricket Australia claims first digs of the MCG, SCG etc from October onwards, there are plenty of secondary stadiums available for footy nationwide.

The AFL owns The Docklands, so why not ramp up its workload with four of five games each round, even some double headers.   Those precious snowflakes from Perth may need to suffer the indignity of playing a few homes games in Melbourne.

If the games are going to be lockouts, then having a venue capacity of 100,000 is irrelevant.   As long as ground condition, change room facilities, temporary scaffolding for TV camera crews etc are suitable, there's no reason why a game can't be played up at Manangatang Shire Reserve.

As for TV scheduling, Channel 7 would be well aware of the huge ratings that the telecasts would attract from starving footy fans.   If a few episodes of Oprah Winfrey get pulled off-air, then I will just have to suffer in silence.

Dunno about the rest of you guys, but I feel like a lost soul this weekend.

Its a good point regarding capacity. No need to use the biggest grounds capacity wise, just something up to AFl standard.

One idea is to send the interstate teams down to Melbourne for a month and have them play there.  Neutral venues of course, such as the MCG and Marvel.

Another change could be to send two teams interstate, for 2 games, 5 day intervals. That's only maybe 6 days away.
Week1:

Richmond v Swans

Melbourne v GWS
Week2:

Richmond V GWS

Melbourne v Swans

Same goes for interstate clubs going to melbourne.

• Like 2