Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Interesting at around the 7 minute mark, they're talking about Kane Cornes Melbourne media bias comments.

Then following on about the Nick Reiwoldt V Pavlich question that was put to Ross Lyon.

You wouldn't be unhappy with either but I'd take the Big Pavlova.

How's Brownless's comment "we didn't see enough of Pav"?

FMD, every game is broadcast.

One of the problems with the media is that buffoon's like Brownless still get a gig.

Most have moved on from listening to Bill talk about his frothies.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

He's making himself look like a bigger dick than he already is by playing the mental heath card.

Should've just come out and said he made a bad post and left it at that.
Now trying to defend the indefensible.

Change your mind did you?

View image on Twitter

No but I can’t be bothered with a twitter barrage. You can’t make a mature point. I don’t need the grief. Players like everyone in the community are doing it tough. It was a point about mental health. There is no excuse for drink driving. He deserves full $5000 player punishment

Edited by Will27
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Will27 said:
He's making himself look like a bigger dick than he already is by playing the mental heath card.

Should've just come out and said he made a bad post and left it at that.
Now trying to defend the indefensible.

Change your mind did you?

View image on Twitter

No but I can’t be bothered with a twitter barrage. You can’t make a mature point. I don’t need the grief. Players like everyone in the community are doing it tough. It was a point about mental health. There is no excuse for drink driving. He deserves full $5000 player punishment

My frigging heart beedles for these over paid princesses.......wraped up in cotten wool they have no idea what normal is.....

Just goes to show you what happens when you read your own press.....

I went to work today...had a rather full on day to boot.....came home and had a wine which lead to 3 plus some mexican beer cause i like to do a chaser once i get into that mood....pizza and wine..then stoped dead....or id fall asleep....i dont judge on my standars but hey there young and often stupid and sure a few have a screw loose or two......no excuse...none at all....i would never dream of taking the GTI out once i had a few....i kinda like my car and dont wanted it damaged or me in jail...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

My frigging heart beedles for these over paid princesses.......wraped up in cotten wool they have no idea what normal is.....

Just goes to show you what happens when you read your own press.....

I went to work today...had a rather full on day to boot.....came home and had a wine which lead to 3 plus some mexican beer cause i like to do a chaser once i get into that mood....pizza and wine..then stoped dead....or id fall asleep....i dont judge on my standars but hey there young and often stupid and sure a few have a screw loose or two......no excuse...none at all....i would never dream of taking the GTI out once i had a few....i kinda like my car and dont wanted it damaged or me in jail...

GTi? Is this the Suzuki Swift you are always banging on about?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ripstanley said:

Hahahahahahahahahz....you have to laugh.....on 300,000 a year minimum and cant afford to pay for the rego......

Edited by AlexRRR
I love the Swans...

1 minute ago, BookmanBkk said:

GTi? Is this the Suzuki Swift you are always banging on about?

Ha this is a man who drove a Van for years....kid if I told you the make and model you would have no idea still.....now if I said 167cm tall and 45 kilos you would in an instant know what I was talking about....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Ha this is a man who drove a Van for years....kid if I told you the make and model you would have no idea still.....now if I said 167cm tall and 45 kilos you would in an instant know what I was talking about....

I'd say that's a magical combination of numbers for any young lass lucky enough to be by my side.

Chimpy sent me this photo of your GTi Swift

AlexFunCar.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BookmanBkk said:

I'd say that's a magical combination of numbers for any young lass lucky enough to be by my side.

Chimpy sent me this photo of your GTi Swift

AlexFunCar.jpg

its a pretty car......mine is cobalt blue....as for the lass...at that height and weight shes just been let out of a concentration camp...obviously your not into any boobs....

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

its a pretty car......mine is cobalt blue....as for the lass...at that height and weight shes just been let out of a concentration camp...obviously your not into any boobs....

Uncle Alex, what's the chances of posting a picture of the GTI?

I used to have a vr6 and loved it.

• Like 2

I know a lot of you don't like to change the game too much, but I like the shorter quarters.

I would also like to see a reduction of players on the field.

Thoughts?

Play it forward: How Lethal thinks footy should change post-virus

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/play-it-forward-how-lethal-thinks-footy-should-change-post-virus-20200419-p54l7m.html

AFL clubs should only spend half as much on their football departments as they do on their players, and the league should seize the opportunity to reduce the number of players on the field to 16 a side, according to Australian football legend Leigh Matthews.

As the AFL asks its clubs to reimagine football beyond coronavirus by setting out their priorities for a long-term overhaul of the game, Matthews said it was "logical to me to have fewer players on the field" as part of the push to reduce list sizes.

"When you ask that question [about the number of players] the only answer seems to be 'because we have always had 18 on the field'," he said.

"The field is the same size as it was 100 years ago and players wore boots they nailed studs into. They are more athletic now, running around basically in spokes. They are faster and bigger.

Footy wages: "What is the average for an assistant coach? $200,000? If they get $150,000 are they not going to do it? But it is all what the market wants to pay, supply and demand.

"There is a fair chance the players will have to take a cut and the salary cap come down. Reducing the list sizes reduces player payments but it is the lower-paid players you are losing.

"If the top-paid player earned $800,000 instead of over a million [dollars], do not tell me they would stop playing."

• Like 1