Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Some interesting games yesterday
Sadly for me I picked Gold Coast and Port....????

Gold Coast V Geelong was a cracker in parts. The scoreline doesn't fully reflect Gold Coast's effort. Perhaps if Matt Rowell hadn't gone down injured during the first Q it might have been different.
What I liked about Gold Coast was they kept their belief and confidence for the game and were let down by numerous skill/experience errors at crucial times. 
This is a lot different than a similar team such as Carlton a couple of year back that generally went into panic mode in a close game and lacked the confidence.

Belief in the Gold Coast remains strong.

Port V Brisbane.  I didn't catch the game and haven't seen the highlights as yet.  Sadly the result indicates that Port can still not be trusted....or Brisbane is better than expected....maybe someone watched the game.

Sydney V West Coast.

Result never in doubt...well, the first 10 minutes looked like Eagles had given up on their season.
Sydney was without an established ruckman, going with 7-gamer Mclean. Also Sydney is missing 5 talls, 4 of them forwards, in Buddy, Reid, McCartin, Sinclair and Naismith (season), so  goals were going to be hard to come and NicNat was going to dominate.  West Coast won the Hit Outs 46-10! Clearances were easily won too.
Sydney tred Jordan Dawson up forward and Will Hayward down back. The experiment is too early to call, but I don't mind Dawson up forward or playing midfield, and Mills should play midfield too. Hayward should stay up forward but he has been down on form.
Still, the cattle Sydney have on the field are 4-6 players down from the quality needed

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Will27 said:

Well Trend Setters

That's it for another round.

Yours truly managed to jag 8 this round so I

go home with the Whistlers.

It's still tight at the top with BM leading by percentage over

Scea.

Until next time.

Signing off from the hub.

Well done KhunWill! 

I know you have installed new equipment and been working overtime at the Tipping Lair HQ Super Computer centre and it has certainly paid dividends

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ed just can't help himself.

Just shut the <deleted> up!

You can't defend the indefensible.

Eddie McGuire gives lengthy eight-minute defence over hypocrisy claims over Steele Sidebottom

Collingwood president Eddie McGuire has given a rambling eight-minute justification about why his views on Steele Sidebottom’s COVID-19 ban were not hypocritical.

On April 29, McGuire declared on Footy Classified that players who break the COVID-19 protocols should be hit with a $100,000 fine and suspended for the season.

But following Magpie Sidebottom’s four match ban last week, in which he was found half naked after a boozy night in Williamstown and taken home by police, the Magpies labelled the sanction “excessive, inconsistent with recent protocol breaches and contestable”.

Speaking on Triple M radio on Monday morning, McGuire gave an at times confusing account as to why those labelling him a hypocrite were wrong.
“Let me take you through it OK? No one seems to get nuances in this world and everybody wants to go for the gotcha and you’re a hypocrite and all the rest of it,” he said.

“What was that, April 29. I think it was the Fremantle Dockers blokes had had a party or whatever it was the situation there.

“I was involved and have been involved in the war cabinet, so I was intimately involved in how much money was at stake and how parlous the whole thing was.

“We weren’t playing at that stage, right, so we were talking about possibly going back into hubs and we were thinking forward into those sorts of situations.

“So (Matthew) Lloydy comes up with ‘Oh there’ll be other blokes who do it’, we know that there was going to be transgressions. My point was that the AFL, I believe, needed to go hard from the word go, OK? That’s what it was at that stage. The AFL for their own decision and right or wrong, I’m not saying they’re right or wrong, but they decided that they wouldn’t go that hard when we had a number of transgressions including people ending up in hospital etc, they didn’t go that hard.

“My point then, as going into that was, you really have to go hard on this to make sure the players, who maybe don’t read the papers or don’t get it sometimes … you go hard to set the tone. They (the AFL) didn’t set the tone in that situation. They gave one and two week suspensions.”

McGuire said the fact that the Magpies had accepted the Sidebottom sanction proved there was no hypocrisy.

“Last week what happened was Steele Sidebottom, he did something ridiculous and he got a four week suspension,” he continued.

“Compared to where the other suspensions were, it was and the point that was made in quotes ‘manifestly unjust’ is the term that’s used that you have to qualify for if you’re going to appeal at the Tribunal on the measure of people being suspended.

“The bottom line is Steele Sidebottom and Collingwood accepted the decision so there’s no hypocrisy in that at all.

“I still believe that they should have come out, the AFL, and made it very, very onerous any suspensions of penalties that were there. When it came to Steele Sidebottom’s time, we looked at it (and) compared to what the AFL had put the table of suspensions, it was on the heavy side.

“It is the most heavy of suspensions. In context of what we believe and where we were last week, we agree with it. I don’t understand the hypocrisy.”

Edited by Will27
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, sceadugenga said:

The sound of Will27's footsteps coming up behind you in a tipping contest has made stronger men than us look over their shoulder Bookers, we need some good solid selections next week or he'll run straight over the top of us!

I feel confident this year Scea

Even with his increased computing power for number crunching the indecision gets to KhunWill and he resorts to picking favourites 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Ed just can't help himself.

Just shut the <deleted> up!

You can't defend the indefensible.

Eddie McGuire gives lengthy eight-minute defence over hypocrisy claims over Steele Sidebottom

Collingwood president Eddie McGuire has given a rambling eight-minute justification about why his views on Steele Sidebottom’s COVID-19 ban were not hypocritical.

On April 29, McGuire declared on Footy Classified that players who break the COVID-19 protocols should be hit with a $100,000 fine and suspended for the season.

But following Magpie Sidebottom’s four match ban last week, in which he was found half naked after a boozy night in Williamstown and taken home by police, the Magpies labelled the sanction “excessive, inconsistent with recent protocol breaches and contestable”.

Speaking on Triple M radio on Monday morning, McGuire gave an at times confusing account as to why those labelling him a hypocrite were wrong.
“Let me take you through it OK? No one seems to get nuances in this world and everybody wants to go for the gotcha and you’re a hypocrite and all the rest of it,” he said.

“What was that, April 29. I think it was the Fremantle Dockers blokes had had a party or whatever it was the situation there.

“I was involved and have been involved in the war cabinet, so I was intimately involved in how much money was at stake and how parlous the whole thing was.

“We weren’t playing at that stage, right, so we were talking about possibly going back into hubs and we were thinking forward into those sorts of situations.

“So (Matthew) Lloydy comes up with ‘Oh there’ll be other blokes who do it’, we know that there was going to be transgressions. My point was that the AFL, I believe, needed to go hard from the word go, OK? That’s what it was at that stage. The AFL for their own decision and right or wrong, I’m not saying they’re right or wrong, but they decided that they wouldn’t go that hard when we had a number of transgressions including people ending up in hospital etc, they didn’t go that hard.

“My point then, as going into that was, you really have to go hard on this to make sure the players, who maybe don’t read the papers or don’t get it sometimes … you go hard to set the tone. They (the AFL) didn’t set the tone in that situation. They gave one and two week suspensions.”

McGuire said the fact that the Magpies had accepted the Sidebottom sanction proved there was no hypocrisy.

“Last week what happened was Steele Sidebottom, he did something ridiculous and he got a four week suspension,” he continued.

“Compared to where the other suspensions were, it was and the point that was made in quotes ‘manifestly unjust’ is the term that’s used that you have to qualify for if you’re going to appeal at the Tribunal on the measure of people being suspended.

“The bottom line is Steele Sidebottom and Collingwood accepted the decision so there’s no hypocrisy in that at all.

“I still believe that they should have come out, the AFL, and made it very, very onerous any suspensions of penalties that were there. When it came to Steele Sidebottom’s time, we looked at it (and) compared to what the AFL had put the table of suspensions, it was on the heavy side.

“It is the most heavy of suspensions. In context of what we believe and where we were last week, we agree with it. I don’t understand the hypocrisy.”

Eddie is never wrong... 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

I do feel for our Renowned Grey Bearded Cane Wielding Philosophically Befuddled Uncle @AlexRRR ?

I'll have to go gentle on the old fella i feel.  I'm not sure if ThaiVisa Tipping has ever seen such a spectacular downfall in the tipping ranks

Word is that after the Melbourne game on the weekend, Uncle Alex is still in the fetal position calling out for mummy.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Word is that after the Melbourne game on the weekend, Uncle Alex is still in the fetal position calling out for mummy.

Maybe Uncle used potty mouth words and its mummy bearing the wooden spoon! 

• Haha 1

Titus again.

THE MONDAY KNEE JERK REACTION: AFL ROUND FIVE

Thursday

Carlton (55) v St Kilda (73)

After briefly threatening competency, the Blues returned to form in this one, that is, they were perfectly average.

It was inevitable, as soon as everyone started talking about how well the Blues forward line was working, it stopped. It was as predictable as Sam Newman saying something controversial to get attention.

The Blues threw in just enough effort for brief moments of the game to nudge this almost into the honourable loss column that they love so much, but Carlton fans are tired of that nonsense. Win or win not. There is no honourable loss.

What Carlton really need is to land a coach like St Kilda’s Brett Ratten, look how well he’s doing at St Kilda. If you get your hand on a coach like him, you’d never let him go, would you?

At the moment everything is working for the Saints, a phrase rarely utilised in history.

Even throwing Jarryn Geary up forward worked.

The only dampener for the Saints was Dan Hannebery doing his hamstring, but being 2020, if that’s the worst thing that happens, you’re blessed.

Friday

Collingwood (48) v Essendon (63)

Look, no one likes watching Collingwood struggle, and our hearts go out to them.

Off the field, the Pies appear all over the shop, giving the Crows a real run for their money. On the field, the Pies seem disjointed and a shell of their former selves.

Collingwood seemed to take a leaf out of Melbourne’s book and decide to not score goals for the second and third quarters.

I must admit, I never played at the top level, so perhaps that’s why I don’t understand this strategy.

Intuitively though, I would have thought it was best to kick goals in every quarter, and as many as you can. I’m not Champion Data but deciding to not score goals for two quarters reduces your goal kicking window by 50 percent.

In fact, it could be argued that if the Pies had not adopted this strategy, and attempted to kick goals in all four quarters, they could have won, even if Essendon had stuck with their less nuanced ‘kick goals in every quarter’ approach.

As for Essendon, they had some key contributors, with Jake Stringer, Dylan Shiel, Andrew McGrath and Mason Cox all playing important roles in setting up the Bombers’ victory.

Saturday

West Coast (77) v Sydney (43)

Contrary to popular opinion, the Eagles can win games of footy, if you organise them the right opponent, a bit like Anthony Mundine’s boxing career.

This was the win the Eagles needed to briefly paper over the cracks. Against an injury plagued, undersized, and not very good Swans outfit, West Coast had periods where they looked like a fully functioning AFL side.

It’s hard to know how much faith to put into this performance, Sydney went into this without any ruckmen and it showed.

The Eagles of previous years would have won by a lot more, but at the moment they just need the four points and aren’t worrying about style points.

Swans fans, so used to consistency and high levels of effort, would be feeling pretty flat at the moment.

It’s the old South Melbourne fans I feel sorry for. Their team sucks and their stuck on the plague-riddled, prison hulk that is Victoria.

Geelong (89) v Gold Coast (52)

When Matt Rowell injured his shoulder, it was as if the voices of a million footy fans suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

We get it 2020, you’re a jerk. You will never let us be happy.

Not since Tony Soprano’s mother have I seen a character so focused on sucking even the tiniest amount of enjoyment out of other’s lives.

So of course, we have to have the most exciting talent in years go down with an injury.

The Suns showed real fight to come back after his exit but Geelong, led by Gary Ablett in his 350th game and Joel Selwood in his 300th, proved just too strong and too experienced, especially at home.

I have to nod my head in acknowledgment, that Selwood got to 300 games.

Western Bulldogs (87) v North Melbourne (38)

When Tim English started his career, it looked like someone had accidentally released a baby giraffe onto the field. 

Now it looks like an almost full-grown giraffe is on the field, but one that can ruck a bit and drop back to take a mark.

He, alongside Tom Liberatore and Jack Macrae, continually cleared the ball against a rather lacklustre North Melbourne, who suffered from having Ben Cunnington feel a bit like all of us at the moment, sore.

When the Roos weren’t being smashed in the midfield, they were delivering it into the forward line like they had a personal vendetta against Ben Brown.

Wherever it was most unhelpful for the ball to be delivered to him, that’s where it went.

Delivery into the forward line seems to be a lost art in the AFL. Across almost every team, it seems midfielders believe the best way to get it into the forward fifty, is to kick it as high in the air as possible and give the defence as much time as possible to set themselves.

I’ve noticed recently, that if a kick is speared in flat and marked by a player on the lead, the commentators and the players seemed shocked it worked. The players then seem to decide ‘hey that worked, but let’s go back to the bombing the ball in.’

Brisbane (85) v Port Adelaide (48)

I was really looking forward to this, a rare event for me and Saturday night.

Port however seemed keen to squander any chance it had to stay undefeated, booting 1.6 in the first quarter. It was an exercise in self sabotage, something I’m all too familiar with.

Then came the second quarter, when the Lions woke up and in the first nine minutes, booted five goals. Everything they did worked, and for long stretches, the ball didn’t even enter the Power’s forward fifty.

I even forgot Port were playing for parts of the second quarter, thinking it was a Lions training drill.

After that quarter, Port were a broken team. There was no comeback. It was like when two fighters throw everything at each other, and one breaks.

The Lions would have to be favourites now, and the question is, will Port recover, or will they do what they’ve done in recent years, and revert to the very definition of average?

Sunday

Adelaide (34) v Fremantle (54)

To think this was beamed into the United States during prime time. As if they citizens of the United States aren’t going through enough hardship at the moment.

This was just awful to watch. A study in poor skills and decision making.

For long periods, it was a competition for who was the worst at football.

Fremantle certainly were competitive in this area, but the Crows always had a new depth they could reach.

When they weren’t butchering the ball in the midfield, they were missing very gettable goals.

Matthew Nicks looked like a man having a nightmare while awake. Watching the Crows players try to execute basic football skills was like watching a dog work a computer. It was amusing but not if it’s your computer.

I’d give you more analysis of this game, but I like you, so let’s move on.

Melbourne (52) v Richmond (79)

This would have been the worst game of the day if not for the one preceding it.

Richmond are not good. That was plain for all to see, they are so far off what they’ve been in recent years.

With the hubs starting, and a bunch of players not going with them, you feel this is just not a year Richmond are really invested in.

Luckily for them though, they were playing Melbourne. The most insipid, pointless team in the AFL. Since been briefly good in 2018, the Demons have returned to being their normal awful selves.

There are no excuses for it, they are just lazy, and they can complain about negative vibes, or bad pre-seasons, or the draw or whatever. These excuses are all just manifestations of their problems.

You don’t mind paying for a membership that you can’t use when your team is giving you all their effort.

I’ve thrown so much money away at this club over the course of my life, and I have to wonder why.

Setting a big pile on cash on fire would at least give off some heat for a while.

Instead I get excuses, heartbreaking performances, multiple logo changes and decades shaved off my life.

Aside from Christian Petracca, you’d be hard pressed to find anyone who’s improved over the last two years, and you can find plenty who have gone backwards.

I don’t care how hard your pre-season web series says you worked, if you don’t work hard in games.

And how long does it take to address entries into the forward fifty? For Melbourne it takes years.

Anyway, I’ll stop now because I’ve got that numbness all down one side of my body starting to come back.

Greater Western Sydney (83) v Hawthorn (49)

It will be interesting to see what rule changes Alastair Clarkson will blame this week.

A coach doesn’t have to do much these days to distract from how their team is travelling.

Perhaps a rule where Hawthorn players can’t be tackled?

The Giants are finally looking like the team that made a Grand Final last season.

It’s taken this long to recover, but that’s record time compared to how long it took the Crows to get over their pre-season camp, something they actually haven’t got over.

I wonder if our grandkids will talk about the Adelaide pre-season camp?

It appears they will the way that story has hung around. There have been wars forgotten quicker than that camp.

Whether the Giants can get back to the Grand Final is yet to be seen. Partly because, we don’t know if they’ll even be a Grand Final, or where it will be held, or if any of us will even care anymore.

I love footy, and appreciate it being on, but with each week this season goes on, it feels more a farce, and less a real season.

But I could be saying that because my team is an embarrassing shambles.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Radar501 said:

Australia's remand prisons are choc-o-block full of crooks and they all have the common law rights of the presumption of innocence.   Totally reasonable that Ivan Milat wasn't granted bail after being charged with all those backpacker murders....despite his rights.

As far as an AFL precedent is concerned, here's one I remember well.

St. Kilda suspended high profile recruit Andrew Lovett in December 2009 following an allegation of sexual assault at a team party.   He was then formally sacked by his club in February 2010 after VicPol laid charges of rape.   He didn't play a single game for the Saints during his $million three-year contract.

Lovett fought the rape case on the grounds of consent and he was acquitted in July 2011.

The matter of compensation with St Kilda re Unfair Dismissal could not be resolved, so Lovett sued the club and it went all the way to the Supreme Court before both parties agreed to a six-figure confidential settlement.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/former-saint-andrew-lovett-returns-to-footy/news-story/99f5abc380ab6aba5a6537284bf0955b?sv=c5c394dbaa1586dbef232dd78a3eeeb

Lovett and coach Ross Lyon during a very short honeymoon.

1095408-3x2-940x627.jpg

Well its time a few did what that Justin Beiber how every spell his name did recently...some tennybobber singer...couple of young females put it out there over social media and perhaps had charges layed not sure on that that he sexualy assaulted them.......Jus said it wasnt true as he could prove where he was and with who at the alleged time these shelia's recon.....then goes to his lawyers and slaps a 20 million $ lible suite on each...them young girls quickly pulled there heads in and took down there allegations on social media....

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Titus again.

THE MONDAY KNEE JERK REACTION: AFL ROUND FIVE

Thursday

Carlton (55) v St Kilda (73)

After briefly threatening competency, the Blues returned to form in this one, that is, they were perfectly average.

It was inevitable, as soon as everyone started talking about how well the Blues forward line was working, it stopped. It was as predictable as Sam Newman saying something controversial to get attention.

The Blues threw in just enough effort for brief moments of the game to nudge this almost into the honourable loss column that they love so much, but Carlton fans are tired of that nonsense. Win or win not. There is no honourable loss.

What Carlton really need is to land a coach like St Kilda’s Brett Ratten, look how well he’s doing at St Kilda. If you get your hand on a coach like him, you’d never let him go, would you?

At the moment everything is working for the Saints, a phrase rarely utilised in history.

Even throwing Jarryn Geary up forward worked.

The only dampener for the Saints was Dan Hannebery doing his hamstring, but being 2020, if that’s the worst thing that happens, you’re blessed.

Friday

Collingwood (48) v Essendon (63)

Look, no one likes watching Collingwood struggle, and our hearts go out to them.

Off the field, the Pies appear all over the shop, giving the Crows a real run for their money. On the field, the Pies seem disjointed and a shell of their former selves.

Collingwood seemed to take a leaf out of Melbourne’s book and decide to not score goals for the second and third quarters.

I must admit, I never played at the top level, so perhaps that’s why I don’t understand this strategy.

Intuitively though, I would have thought it was best to kick goals in every quarter, and as many as you can. I’m not Champion Data but deciding to not score goals for two quarters reduces your goal kicking window by 50 percent.

In fact, it could be argued that if the Pies had not adopted this strategy, and attempted to kick goals in all four quarters, they could have won, even if Essendon had stuck with their less nuanced ‘kick goals in every quarter’ approach.

As for Essendon, they had some key contributors, with Jake Stringer, Dylan Shiel, Andrew McGrath and Mason Cox all playing important roles in setting up the Bombers’ victory.

Saturday

West Coast (77) v Sydney (43)

Contrary to popular opinion, the Eagles can win games of footy, if you organise them the right opponent, a bit like Anthony Mundine’s boxing career.

This was the win the Eagles needed to briefly paper over the cracks. Against an injury plagued, undersized, and not very good Swans outfit, West Coast had periods where they looked like a fully functioning AFL side.

It’s hard to know how much faith to put into this performance, Sydney went into this without any ruckmen and it showed.

The Eagles of previous years would have won by a lot more, but at the moment they just need the four points and aren’t worrying about style points.

Swans fans, so used to consistency and high levels of effort, would be feeling pretty flat at the moment.

It’s the old South Melbourne fans I feel sorry for. Their team sucks and their stuck on the plague-riddled, prison hulk that is Victoria.

Geelong (89) v Gold Coast (52)

When Matt Rowell injured his shoulder, it was as if the voices of a million footy fans suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

We get it 2020, you’re a jerk. You will never let us be happy.

Not since Tony Soprano’s mother have I seen a character so focused on sucking even the tiniest amount of enjoyment out of other’s lives.

So of course, we have to have the most exciting talent in years go down with an injury.

The Suns showed real fight to come back after his exit but Geelong, led by Gary Ablett in his 350th game and Joel Selwood in his 300th, proved just too strong and too experienced, especially at home.

I have to nod my head in acknowledgment, that Selwood got to 300 games.

Western Bulldogs (87) v North Melbourne (38)

When Tim English started his career, it looked like someone had accidentally released a baby giraffe onto the field. 

Now it looks like an almost full-grown giraffe is on the field, but one that can ruck a bit and drop back to take a mark.

He, alongside Tom Liberatore and Jack Macrae, continually cleared the ball against a rather lacklustre North Melbourne, who suffered from having Ben Cunnington feel a bit like all of us at the moment, sore.

When the Roos weren’t being smashed in the midfield, they were delivering it into the forward line like they had a personal vendetta against Ben Brown.

Wherever it was most unhelpful for the ball to be delivered to him, that’s where it went.

Delivery into the forward line seems to be a lost art in the AFL. Across almost every team, it seems midfielders believe the best way to get it into the forward fifty, is to kick it as high in the air as possible and give the defence as much time as possible to set themselves.

I’ve noticed recently, that if a kick is speared in flat and marked by a player on the lead, the commentators and the players seemed shocked it worked. The players then seem to decide ‘hey that worked, but let’s go back to the bombing the ball in.’

Brisbane (85) v Port Adelaide (48)

I was really looking forward to this, a rare event for me and Saturday night.

Port however seemed keen to squander any chance it had to stay undefeated, booting 1.6 in the first quarter. It was an exercise in self sabotage, something I’m all too familiar with.

Then came the second quarter, when the Lions woke up and in the first nine minutes, booted five goals. Everything they did worked, and for long stretches, the ball didn’t even enter the Power’s forward fifty.

I even forgot Port were playing for parts of the second quarter, thinking it was a Lions training drill.

After that quarter, Port were a broken team. There was no comeback. It was like when two fighters throw everything at each other, and one breaks.

The Lions would have to be favourites now, and the question is, will Port recover, or will they do what they’ve done in recent years, and revert to the very definition of average?

Sunday

Adelaide (34) v Fremantle (54)

To think this was beamed into the United States during prime time. As if they citizens of the United States aren’t going through enough hardship at the moment.

This was just awful to watch. A study in poor skills and decision making.

For long periods, it was a competition for who was the worst at football.

Fremantle certainly were competitive in this area, but the Crows always had a new depth they could reach.

When they weren’t butchering the ball in the midfield, they were missing very gettable goals.

Matthew Nicks looked like a man having a nightmare while awake. Watching the Crows players try to execute basic football skills was like watching a dog work a computer. It was amusing but not if it’s your computer.

I’d give you more analysis of this game, but I like you, so let’s move on.

Melbourne (52) v Richmond (79)

This would have been the worst game of the day if not for the one preceding it.

Richmond are not good. That was plain for all to see, they are so far off what they’ve been in recent years.

With the hubs starting, and a bunch of players not going with them, you feel this is just not a year Richmond are really invested in.

Luckily for them though, they were playing Melbourne. The most insipid, pointless team in the AFL. Since been briefly good in 2018, the Demons have returned to being their normal awful selves.

There are no excuses for it, they are just lazy, and they can complain about negative vibes, or bad pre-seasons, or the draw or whatever. These excuses are all just manifestations of their problems.

You don’t mind paying for a membership that you can’t use when your team is giving you all their effort.

I’ve thrown so much money away at this club over the course of my life, and I have to wonder why.

Setting a big pile on cash on fire would at least give off some heat for a while.

Instead I get excuses, heartbreaking performances, multiple logo changes and decades shaved off my life.

Aside from Christian Petracca, you’d be hard pressed to find anyone who’s improved over the last two years, and you can find plenty who have gone backwards.

I don’t care how hard your pre-season web series says you worked, if you don’t work hard in games.

And how long does it take to address entries into the forward fifty? For Melbourne it takes years.

Anyway, I’ll stop now because I’ve got that numbness all down one side of my body starting to come back.

Greater Western Sydney (83) v Hawthorn (49)

It will be interesting to see what rule changes Alastair Clarkson will blame this week.

A coach doesn’t have to do much these days to distract from how their team is travelling.

Perhaps a rule where Hawthorn players can’t be tackled?

The Giants are finally looking like the team that made a Grand Final last season.

It’s taken this long to recover, but that’s record time compared to how long it took the Crows to get over their pre-season camp, something they actually haven’t got over.

I wonder if our grandkids will talk about the Adelaide pre-season camp?

It appears they will the way that story has hung around. There have been wars forgotten quicker than that camp.

Whether the Giants can get back to the Grand Final is yet to be seen. Partly because, we don’t know if they’ll even be a Grand Final, or where it will be held, or if any of us will even care anymore.

I love footy, and appreciate it being on, but with each week this season goes on, it feels more a farce, and less a real season.

But I could be saying that because my team is an embarrassing shambles.

Titas is dead on over the Dee's....they make me moody....Salem should be horse wipped then hung up by his feet....what 5 or 6 ys into his career and twice hand balls to a yellow sash....

T Macdonald lifted a bit....away from the forward line...got the bulk of his possessions out side the 50 arch....this is your key forward and were looking 6 ot 7 years into now an unflattering career...

Every mid is is down 15% at least, i do blame Goodwin for probably playing your slickest mid and excellent stopper on the half back line for most of the year...poor guy now is all at sea Harmes is way better than hes shown all year but hes down too...

Tigers dont loose two in a row often nor early in the season when there coming off a premiership hang over..the Tigers were ready to be taken even 3 injured at the start of the 3rd and they the Dee's couldnt find anything.....

Since its unlikley they WILL mover Goodwin on I say time to get ruthless and get rid of a few players....Salem, MacDonald....a few more....there been around since the dark old days they havent got a clue what winning means, and who was one of our better players on sunday? Tomlinson....something like that, ex GWS, so far hes been the best of all our mercenaries coming from a team that win often and it shows....

They grabed that fella from Essendon as a key forward and have the weed sittting it out twiddling thumbs...get them on the ground...the Weed should be playing week in week out....

Max Gawn? seriously the no name i never heard of Ricmond ruckman was way better all day untill injured, winning in the ruck is bullocks....not many teams have won a GF since 2000 with a top act ruck man in the team....good mids shark to who ever is tapping it down.......if your mids are 15% down you could have JC palming the perfect knock and would do you any good....Trade Max....doesnt do enough around the ground...and hes not a leader...did anyone see him rise to the occasion on sunday? not me, and then goes on the Demons utube channel and recons (they) it wasnt good enough....Baaaa is all i can say.....

• Like 1

Ho its almost mid week......thank good....the gloom of the MFC is beginning to lift....my friend the Dali Lama has a new album out for people  like me...its his 85th birthday and what better way with the corvid and bad Demons than put into music his teachings...oooommmmmmm....."music has the potential to transcend our differences" he talks a bit like Carlos Santana....

That woman who called the police on the bird watcher in Central Park a few months ago and falsely accused him of doing naughty things to her WILL be charged by the NY police department, and about time tooo.....women have been getting away with murder....seen another teacher here in the big Vic cornonavirus infested state of the garden nome was sentenced for traumatising a 15 year old kid at her school....of course he went politely along with it for quite awhile untill it infected his brain and is now quite traumatised by the whole experience of screwing a mid 30s teacher......this guy you do not want running your company, when he leaves school....

Charile Daniels passed away at 85 this week....."The Devil went down to Georgia"...well the Demons are going to Sydney on a long holiday...and wont win another game this year....wonder when the Suns stich them up WILL it come home to roost how bad they really are? Of course there will be a note pad full of excuses like.....we had to go to 3 different training grounds.....we didnt have a proper gym to use...ho its too sunny up here...I cant find my undies.....mind you there holed up in the Novetel...I once stayed in the New BKK one ...bit of alright you know....not your normal slime hole reserved for looser teams like them.....I mean they the Dee's have reserved the right to sleep under the Sydney Harbour bridge but alas it would upset the homeless population there so I guess 10 to a room backpackers joint somewhere in the west of Sydney would be about right.......

When asked by a jurno in a post match conference "do you know what is wrong?" Goodwin replied he knows what is wrong.....ho goodie.....tell us plz......I know what is wrong too.....too many big heads think there better than they are......but Goods has his favourites which is what brought down Daniher and Balme so be warned......obviously some need kicking practice...Salem needs to have his eyes tested and handball practice....to be fair Tigers even when not on song can be intimidating they do fan well dont they....seems to have missed the entire Demon brains trust about zone manning..... 

Trump haters have two books coming out very soon....poor guy there really getting into him prior for him going for re election, mind you hes pretty good at brushing off this sort of thing....has hes own interpretations on the way the world life and universe works even if not in touch with what we think is reality.......I was at Mexico City international airport when I realised he had won the election, you could have blown me down with a feather....

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hopefully this doesn't push you over the edge Uncle.

Dees set to make play for Joe Daniher

Melbourne will confront the painful price of the Steven May trade when it plays Gold Coast on Saturday – boom key forward Ben King.

The Demons traded away pick No.6 in the 2018 super draft for Suns co-captain May, 28, and Kade Kolodashnij in the hope the fullback would be the missing piece in their premiership puzzle.

While May was arguably the club’s best player in his eight games last year, Koldoashnij has not played since Round 3 last year due to career-threatening concussion problems.

The Suns used the No.6 draft pick to secure the 202cm King, who after 19 games looks set to take the AFL by storm.

The moves to overlook King and trade out Jesse Hogan has left the Demons with a malfunctioning forward line which has gone backwards this season.

The Demons have the worst forward 50m conversion rate in the league and their main target, Tom McDonald, has kicked only four goals in four games.

It means Melbourne is expected to make enquiries about Essendon free agent Joe Daniher to see if he would be interested in making a move across town at season’s end.

The athletic Daniher looms as the perfect fit for the Demons to bolster their forward line if he can overcome his debilitating groin injuries.

The Dees don’t have a first-round draft pick this year – they used it to nab Kysaiah Pickett last year – but could land Daniher for nothing as a free agent.

Sam Weideman and Mitch Brown are Melbourne’s back-up key talls who will come into the selection frame for Saturday night’s clash against the up-and-coming Gold Coast.

The Suns’ prized spearhead King booted three goals against dual best-and-fairest winner Mark Blicavs on Saturday, which included a nimble gather and kick from the goalsquare and a launch on the run from 55m.

The Demons received the golden selection in a draft that also produced Max King, Sam Walsh and Connor Rozee after parting with troubled goal kicker Hogan.

King signed a lucrative $550,000 a year contract extension at Gold Coast last year despite strong interest from the Bulldogs and St Kilda, which wanted to combine the twin brothers at Moorabbin.

While Western Bulldogs were thrilled to draft Bailey Smith at No.7, King was such an obvious choice that even they had him ranked above the midfielder of their dreams.

Dogs list boss Sam Power was able to secure bookends Josh Bruce and Alex Keath without relinquishing a top-20 pick last year.

But Melbourne handed over No.6 for May and No.10 and 19 in a trade for Lever.

Analyst David King was bemused that the Demons had allocated so much of their salary cap to the back half when world sports are traditionally won by superstars who impact the scoreboard, such as strikers in soccer.

May and Lever, who missed a year after suffering another knee reconstruction midway through 2018, have gobbled up more than 10 per cent of the Dees’ cap.

• Like 2

This news WILL upset Books.... I know there a bunch off dills down there but surely they couldnt be thinking Joe ho NO.....I seriously would follow another club if they brought this hack in...

Look they literally grabbed Mitch Brown when the Bombers delisted him in seconds flat, hes around 31 got a couple left in him and is good for 2 goals a game, the Weed is time for him to be played full stop, now these two could be ok and better than what we got but really have you noticed how the Dee's bring the ball in? Big Tom has to go a wandering up the ground to get a kick, Mids are down each and every one of them.....

Id be dropping Brashaw and maybe Oliver to send a message home at least 2 mids should get dropped....we cant cover them but putting Pettracca on the ball for the full game opens up a forward spot.

As for King and the draft it is what it is, I once use to play gridiron on pc and of course I built a great team...I got cocky and traded my best running back for a number 1 pick and drafted a top defender in in fact I spent 3 drafts building what was already the best defense into hopefully a defence you couldnt score against .....it went belly up, in FIFA manger once....I took over Aston Villa mid season basically a <deleted> team .....couldnt get any decent players to join during the summer transfer window so I went after cheap international players who were use to winning in there respective leagues I finished my second season 2cd.....in the premier league....so whats the moral of the story? 

If your attacking your not defending......yes very flawed planning at my club, May was overs for sure, Frost surly could have developed into a decent full back, we need some new spring the centre of the park, try a few....Spargo has been left to freeze In the forward 50 when ever he gets a game...with a short run on the ball....gees his uncle was a classy mid dude at North....try him....Goodwin has his favourites .....

The Weed was reported to have bulked up was doing well preseason and expected to step up this year......one game then dropped....4th year......needs game time.....there killing him....

4 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

This news WILL upset Books.... I know there a bunch off dills down there but surely they couldnt be thinking Joe ho NO.....I seriously would follow another club if they brought this hack in...

Look they literally grabbed Mitch Brown when the Bombers delisted him in seconds flat, hes around 31 got a couple left in him and is good for 2 goals a game, the Weed is time for him to be played full stop, now these two could be ok and better than what we got but really have you noticed how the Dee's bring the ball in? Big Tom has to go a wandering up the ground to get a kick, Mids are down each and every one of them.....

Id be dropping Brashaw and maybe Oliver to send a message home at least 2 mids should get dropped....we cant cover them but putting Pettracca on the ball for the full game opens up a forward spot.

As for King and the draft it is what it is, I once use to play gridiron on pc and of course I built a great team...I got cocky and traded my best running back for a number 1 pick and drafted a top defender in in fact I spent 3 drafts building what was already the best defense into hopefully a defence you couldnt score against .....it went belly up, in FIFA manger once....I took over Aston Villa mid season basically a <deleted> team .....couldnt get any decent players to join during the summer transfer window so I went after cheap international players who were use to winning in there respective leagues I finished my second season 2cd.....in the premier league....so whats the moral of the story? 

If your attacking your not defending......yes very flawed planning at my club, May was overs for sure, Frost surly could have developed into a decent full back, we need some new spring the centre of the park, try a few....Spargo has been left to freeze In the forward 50 when ever he gets a game...with a short run on the ball....gees his uncle was a classy mid dude at North....try him....Goodwin has his favourites .....

The Weed was reported to have bulked up was doing well preseason and expected to step up this year......one game then dropped....4th year......needs game time.....there killing him....

Melbourne are really struggling to score.

I agree with you about the Weed, he has to play.

Harry Bennell should also be tried.

He's creative and adds some class.

Get a big dog up ya!

• Like 2

Daniher would be good for the Swans or Melbourne forward line. Obviously a club is going to (should do) do due diligence on his injury. Hawks have had a long history of getting supposedly injured players for a pack of weetbix and a tin of Nesquick, and getting usage out of the player

Melbourne would be willing to offer up better potential players than Sydney I reckon. Not only becasue they have better potential players but they are desperate for someone to kick goals.

Sydney will pay what they need if they want Joey. Sydney needs a superstar for marketing and Joey could fill that hole.

1 hour ago, BookmanBkk said:

Daniher would be good for the Swans or Melbourne forward line. Obviously a club is going to (should do) do due diligence on his injury. Hawks have had a long history of getting supposedly injured players for a pack of weetbix and a tin of Nesquick, and getting usage out of the player

Melbourne would be willing to offer up better potential players than Sydney I reckon. Not only becasue they have better potential players but they are desperate for someone to kick goals.

Sydney will pay what they need if they want Joey. Sydney needs a superstar for marketing and Joey could fill that hole.

Bite your tounge.....you can have him...

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Melbourne are really struggling to score.

I agree with you about the Weed, he has to play.

Harry Bennell should also be tried.

He's creative and adds some class.

Get a big dog up ya!

They should start with digging up Norm Smith who they sacked in 1966 after 10 years of finals and 6 flags to reinstate when the members went loco...who left to coach the Swans in 67...and the curse was made as he left the building....Pert and Bartlet and old Norm should be on an outbound flight to Haiti and search the best witch doctors in the land and encourage Norm to make it good again....

Meanwhile Goodwin can start with fixing up the midfield, its becoming painfuly obvious that Brawshaw is looking to join his brothers in the west....wouldnt hurt to teach the forward players how to make a lead into empty spaces either..... 

Right now there is this attutude with in the playing group close is good enough, some big heads need to roll.......

The very fact Gawn and Oliver had what appeared good stats after the Tiger game is smoke and daggers....both had very little effect on the game again id like to point out the Tiger ruckman was influential during his 3 quarters on the ground without staring...

We dont need to go looking for a ready made tall forward who is injury prone....... anyway.....Daniher hardly fits the profile we need.....We have the tall's they should be given a chance to play, like what second last? what have we got to loose? 1-3 and fell over the line in our only win..... Mitch Brown from Essendon....Weed, and last years pick 6 in the draft, all talls.....play them....

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

Couldn't see Daniher going to another Melbourne club TBH.

Word is he wants out of the fishbowl.

Either Sydney or he stays IMO.

• Like 1