Does JOMTIEN / Pratumnak have a “decent” pharmacy?

WaveHunter

By good, I mean:

1. well stocked with pharmaceuticals, not just the basics.
  2. fairly priced (I.e.: not tourist traps)
  3. knowledgeable pharmacist (some English would be nice)

i know good pharmacies in Pattaya, but since I live in Pratumnak, it would be nice to find one down the street instead venturing into Pattaya which I hate like the Plague.

Specifically looking for Metformin at the moment.  

Edited by WaveHunter

1 hour ago, madmen said:

My experience is they are small shops and charge double the price compared to fasciano in Pattaya

Mine too, that's why I'm hoping somebody can say something helpful.  There's got to be at least one decent shop.  Where's there's moneyed demand, someone usually supplies it, and there's plenty of year-round moneyed people living here.

Edited by WaveHunter

10 minutes ago, thairookie said:

There is one @ Thappraya Soi 5 which is next to the big Family Mart.  It's called "Goodwill" and they do have Metformin 500mg an 850mg.  There is a qualified pharmacist on duty. 

I find this drugstore better than Fascino.

Metformin is used in the treatment of PCOS, are you trying to get pregnant?? ????

3 hours ago, thairookie said:

There is one @ Thappraya Soi 5 which is next to the big Family Mart.  It's called "Goodwill" and they do have Metformin 500mg an 850mg.  There is a qualified pharmacist on duty. 

I find this drugstore better than Fascino.

Right on the money!  I went there purely by chance and they had it.  Seems like a good shop!  I knew there had to be at least one good shop in town ????

3 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Metformin is used in the treatment of PCOS, are you trying to get pregnant?? ????

It is prescribed to lower sugar production by the liver and increase the body's sensitivity to insulin.  it also decreases the amount of glucose that your body absorbs from foods.  Doctors will prescribe it if one is pre-diabetic, and before resorting to insulin.  It was prescribed to me when it was determined I was pre-diabetic.  I cleaned up my act purely through better nutrition (cut out processed foods with high fructose corn syrup...that's all it really took for me) and am no longer pre-diabetic.  My doctor said I don't need metformin anymore but suggested a take a half dose anyway just to assure glucose level stays in check.  I'll probably discontinue it after my next blood test and see what happens.  Metformin is also called "GlucoPhage" (from Latin I believe, meaning "to eat sugar")

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Thanks 1

Hello

I also go to Goodwill pharmacy..

I don t know why many people often state Fascino offers good prices..

Last experience Xarelto 20 mg, Fascino, with discount (card) 5850 instead of 6200 normal price..

Goodwill pharmacy 5300 bahts..

Have a nice evening