How to get the Bangkok Bank Credit card

Is there any point in having a card with x limit and then having to deposit x? Surely may as well just carry on using your debit card, or am I missing something?

More importantly, has anyone had success in getting a debit card linked to Mastercard from this crowd? Their Union Pay is  just hopeless. Guy I know says he did it recently, but he is a bit of a Billy Bull*hitter <removed>

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Essex Reject said:

More importantly, has anyone had success in getting a debit card linked to Mastercard from this crowd? Their Union Pay is  just hopeless. Guy I know says he did it recently, but he is a bit of a Billy Bull*hitter..

The MasterCard debit card has been available at Bangkok Bank for a few months.  Be sure to increase the daily spending limit if you intend on spending 5000 or so baht in a day or the card will be refused.

26 minutes ago, Essex Reject said:

Is there any point in having a card with x limit and then having to deposit x? Surely may as well just carry on using your debit card, or am I missing something?

More importantly, has anyone had success in getting a debit card linked to Mastercard from this crowd? Their Union Pay is  just hopeless. Guy I know says he did it recently, but he is a bit of a Billy Bull*hitter..

The point is about the security deposit for rental car ( or sometimes Hotels )

1 hour ago, SEtonal said:

The MasterCard debit card has been available at Bangkok Bank for a few months.  Be sure to increase the daily spending limit if you intend on spending 5000 or so baht in a day or the card will be refused.

Ah ok, I'll get onto them then. Do you know if you have to go to your own branch to request?

13 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

So what's the difference between that and a Debit Card please?

One is direct from your account the other is on credit (banks money)and subject to interest charges etc.

The security deposit is incase you run up the debt and dont pay it back or do a runner !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mokwit said:

A credit card has your name on it so you can use it to pay online?

My Bkk Bank card just says Best Valued Member. When I order online, I simply fill in my actual name and buy no worries.

A bit like signing Mickey Mouse to buy with it in a store.

• Haha 1

On 4/13/2019 at 8:47 AM, Frankri said:

Already tried this but the branch say cannot........

do you have bank account, if so they have to give you a secured CC, you will create a secure deposit account in the amount desired and that will be the amount available on your CC, the local branch fills in the docs and will send to the main office, if you are in BBK go directly to their main office, I did it and have the CC for the past 3 years without any problem

On 4/13/2019 at 9:23 AM, Essex Reject said:

More importantly, has anyone had success in getting a debit card linked to Mastercard from this crowd? Their Union Pay is  just hopeless. Guy I know says he did it recently, but he is a bit of a Billy Bull*hitter <removed>

has been working or I have it since December

On 4/13/2019 at 10:49 AM, Essex Reject said:

Ah ok, I'll get onto them then. Do you know if you have to go to your own branch to request?

yes, has to be done in person, if you have an old one bring it along they will have to cancel, important to revise your daily allowed expenses, may have to increase, up to you

11 minutes ago, batata said:

yes, has to be done in person, if you have an old one bring it along they will have to cancel, important to revise your daily allowed expenses, may have to increase, up to you

You didn't read what I said properly.