Pelosi hits Trump over use of 9/11 images to criticize Muslim lawmaker

rooster59

30 minutes ago, riclag said:

She's been dismissive about other things too,Isis Sympathizer  ! Jews teach their young to never forget ! Americans have a motto We will Never Forget! Checks and Balances will take away  her popularity,the sooner the better or something. She can disguise the facade any way she wants ,Americans will never tolerate this extremism!

"Omar of Minnesota Once Asked Judge for Leniency Toward Men Accused of Trying to Join ISIS"

https://www.lifezette.com/2019/01/omar-of-minnesota-once-asked-judge-for-leniency-toward-men-accused-of-trying-to-join-isis/

"Jews teach their young to never forget !"

Jews teach their children never to forget 9/11?

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

With regard to 9/11, the problem is that President Trump and his friend Alex Jones of Info Wars have spread countless fake stories about who carried out the attack, including even that it was an inside job carried out by the US Government. So there are now many people who would also say some people did something. Trump was pleased that 9/11 collapse of the World Trade Building made his tower the tallest in new York and also lied that hundreds of people were partying whilst watching the tower come down. 

• Confused 2

21 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

she is a sharia inspired sub-marine. her speeches are colourized with "tariyya" and "twariyya" passages. tariyya = from the quoran lying permitted to non believers, twariyya from quoran telling only half the truth by leaving out part of the truth.

"someone did something on 9/11".

"i love america" if so omar would denounce sansour and farahkhan

antisemitism within the dem party will be a big issue in the 2020 presidential election run.

wbr

roobaa01

So you're saying her speeches are not truthful.

That is your opinion, whereas it has been proven that the speeches of the USA president are full of outright lies.

See the opinion of a jew on anti-semitism in the democratic party in an earlier answer.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Kasane said:

Her words "some people did something" is not pointing out the atrocity of 9/11. Its a dig of absolving the muslims who perperated the henious crime. The Germans at least acknowledged Nazi's in their midst. When muslims acknowledge terrorists abusing Islamic faith then they rise above "Nazis" in their midst. 

Absolving the Muslims who perpetrated the crime.

Codswallop.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I don't agree. White nationalist terrorists are not necessarily motivated by their view of Christian dogma. Sometimes that is in the mix, but not by definition. 

US "Christian" army, a terrorist organization, has laid to waste millions of lives across the planet. Christian dogma is what drives this terrorist force. Terrorists can be lone wolves, a pack, or an army.

10 minutes ago, Kasane said:

US "Christian" army, a terrorist organization, has laid to waste millions of lives across the planet. Christian dogma is what drives this terrorist force. Terrorists can be lone wolves, a pack, or an army.

The U.S. army is not a Christian army. 

About Omar. She is not representative of most democrats. Nor is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

Let's get real.

The vast majority of the democratic party is politically centrist or center left. More center left than centrist, but nowhere near a majority on the far left. The main reason that the democrats accomplished the BLUE WAVE in the midterms in the house is because of more moderate democrats winning in "trump"-y districts. How else to win any majority of anything in a nation that remains largely center right?

However, the democratic party is truly inclusive of all, unlike the republican party which is overwhelmingly the party of white people with far right wing white Christian evangelicals arguably being their most important demographic. If you don't believe that, look at the stats. Even a majority of white WOMEN voted for "trump" in 2016. Sure they have some tokens for PR reasons but they don't fool many.

The most important demographic in the democratic party is black women. The democratic party enjoys massive or at least some majority support among --

Blacks

Latinos

Asians

LGBT

Jews

Muslims

But not a majority of whites.

So if it seems Pelosi is walking on eggshells dealing with more fringe voices that get such massive attention such as Omar and AOC, that's politics. It would be bad politics to alienate any of the key demographics of the democratic party just the same as the party of "trump" sees an opportunity to demonize based on magnifying the actual importance of a few democrats.

Edited by Jingthing

here comes the voice from within quanta ahmed on foxnews  called muslim antisemite dem omar a disgrace to islam and that she did not represent the islam community.

omar owes still her apologies for her antisemite remark history to us public . thereto she must apologise for her disgraceful remarksxto the family victims and survivors of the 9/11 muslim terror attack.

wbr

roobaa01

• Sad 1

Omar and Cortez are the best thing that's happened for the Republicans cause in 2020. These two over rated young women will unwittingly drive a wedge through the US mindset. The rabid lefty TV media led by Bill Maher ,SNL Alec Baldwin, Clooney & co will play right into Trumps bear trap.

Trump is down in the polls big time.

Watch him rise with all these Democrats falling over each other.

They can't shut up.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Lucius verus said:

Omar and Cortez are the best thing that's happened for the Republicans cause in 2020. These two over rated young women will unwittingly drive a wedge through the US mindset. The rabid lefty TV media led by Bill Maher ,SNL Alec Baldwin, Clooney & co will play right into Trumps bear trap.

Trump is down in the polls big time.

Watch him rise with all these Democrats falling over each other.

They can't shut up.

And neither can Trump.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Becker said:

And neither can Trump.

True, but Trump is a great big fat white/orange man. They're just two female PC Democrat progressives.

People love big guys who push their way through even if he is stupid.

Trump knows little but that's more than women who think they know everything.

What happened in 2004? Bush won a second term against the odds.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/14/2019 at 12:54 PM, Baerboxer said:

Have you ever been to Saudi Arabia? Do you know any Saudi Arabians?

I've got many wonderful Irish friends, and none are terrorists, or terrorist supporters. I've got many American friends who are some of the most innovative and hard working flexible people I know; and not one has committed a gun crime, is racist, xenophobic or a supremacist of any kind. I have many Arabic friends from several Middle Eastern counties who are Muslim. Not one supports violence, terrorism, religious fanaticism or intolerance.

Taring a whole country and nationality with the actions of a tiny tiny %. 

I suppose I didn't put it well enough: that Trump branding all Muslims as terrorists might as well go to similar illogical depth of branding all Saudis as terrorists. I go out of my way to meet mid Eastern Arabs when they come here. I agree the ones I've met are gracious thoughtful people. This is true of vast majority of Muslims I have met and made friends with.

I do think Saudi government has made a devil's bargain with fundamentalist Wahabi sect to allow them to have their jihadi beliefs drummed into heads of unknowing in exchange for not overthrowing that corrupt bunch. Sadly, in this age doesn't take a large group to make major negative impact.

Recall from uni days poli sci prof saying one goal of terrorism is to manipulate opponent into position of stating all in your group (Muslims in this case) have same attributes as the terrorist. This leads to more oppression of your group, leading to larger support from what otherwise would not be there. So Donald has played right into their hands.

• Thanks 2

On 4/13/2019 at 10:43 PM, blazes said:

Yes, you're right: she does not deny 9/11 attackers were terrorists.  She merely asserts that "something" happened on 9/11.  Someone who reduces that massive tragedy to merely "something" should not be holding public office in the United States.  This downplaying of 3000 deaths is open treachery.  

And more fool those Americans who fail to condemn her outrageous behaviour.

So why is your Donald trying to give the people who attacked the World Trade Center nuclear technology?kinda goes both ways imo

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tug said:

So why is your Donald trying to give the people who attacked the World Trade Center nuclear technology?kinda goes both ways imo

unfortunately you're right, your Donald was/is obsessed with Iran (or, more accurately, with Obama), so he has to thumbs-up the Saudis to keep them on side against the new Enemy , Iran.

pure hypocrisy.  And further massive loss of life in Yemen (not to mention Istanbul).

Edited by blazes
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, blazes said:

unfortunately you're right, your Donald was/is obsessed with Iran (or, more accurately, with Obama), so he has to thumbs-up the Saudis to keep them on side against the new Enemy , Iran.

pure hypocrisy.  And further massive loss of life in Yemen (not to mention Istanbul).

I think the causality direction goes the reverse way. Trump is against Iran because Saudi Arabia and another country are against Iran.