Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

On 9/26/2021 at 4:48 PM, mauGR1 said:

I also find the explanations of the holy trinity difficult to understand. 

However, having re-discovered my interest in religion on a trip to India long time ago, I find the Hindu explanation rather easy and handy.

The Hindu trinity is composed by the main forces in the universe, creation, preservation and destruction. 

How do you explain the Wakefield Trinity?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

How do you explain the Wakefield Trinity?

Lol, i had to Google it.

..where I come from, the young folks who cannot play football, basketball, volleyball, tennis and table tennis, and they hate books too...

.. they go to play rugby ????

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I was forced to play rugby in school. Never liked it since.

There's something tribal about it, and that ball.. it looks like an un-edible dinosaur egg.. the American version of it is even worse.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

come on boys .i cant believe after starting this two and a half years ago ,you have stopped posting ,your not at the pearly gates yet ,that is those of you who believe in all those fairy stories ,anyway lets have somemore arguments about where we go when we die ,i think i am destined for a little jar on the shelf.

On 10/20/2021 at 3:08 PM, ivor bigun said:

come on boys .i cant believe after starting this two and a half years ago ,you have stopped posting ,your not at the pearly gates yet ,that is those of you who believe in all those fairy stories ,anyway lets have somemore arguments about where we go when we die ,i think i am destined for a little jar on the shelf.

Everything ends. Sunmaster has better things to do, I won't reply to the same questions as 50 times before and MauGR1 was all alone, but seems to have gone awol.

48 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Everything ends. Sunmaster has better things to do, I won't reply to the same questions as 50 times before and MauGR1 was all alone, but seems to have gone awol.

No nothing ends ,it may morph into something else ,but it doesnt end ,its like the universe it just keeps expanding ,never ending , and those who believe in God think that they never end ,they just go to heaven and live there forever. dont they?

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

No nothing ends ,it may morph into something else ,but it doesnt end ,its like the universe it just keeps expanding ,never ending , and those who believe in God think that they never end ,they just go to heaven and live there forever. dont they?

It must be very comforting to think that when you die you will be reunited with your loved ones and sit down with Jesus,mind you it must be very crowded around him as so many people die every day.

Lets face it since time began there has been religion ,from worshiping the moon ,and the likes of Odin up untill The one God was thought up.

Still it kept the people under control i reckon.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

It must be very comforting to think that when you die you will be reunited with your loved ones and sit down with Jesus,mind you it must be very crowded around him as so many people die every day.

Lets face it since time began there has been religion ,from worshiping the moon ,and the likes of Odin up untill The one God was thought up.

Still it kept the people under control i reckon.

Yes, and blessed are the cheese makers 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

For me it's a lack of interesting opinions, what can i say to people who think that physical reality is the only reality.. ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

So, who is controlling people now ? ????

well if we think of religion ,we all know which religion seems to control people the most and thats Islam ,but as was just posted there seem to be new "religions" all the time now we have the woke religion ,as said the "climate change" religion and the new religion where there are no men and women ,but we are all the same ,it seems these days you cant be a woman who gives birth but a "birthing person" 

God help us ,oops i dont believe in him.????

• Haha 1

On 9/28/2021 at 11:26 AM, mauGR1 said:

There's something tribal about it, and that ball.. it looks like an un-edible dinosaur egg.. the American version of it is even worse.

Neither are as insane as Ozzie Rules ! Constantly kicking a Kangaroo bladder about in a circular field?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The God of religion IMO has been replaced by the god of greed. The god of greed is doing just fine controlling the masses.

As it has ever been so ! The competition in attracting to or compelling variations of "theology" has killed millions in the process whilst quoting  love and peace and threat of God's retribution for non compliance to a theoretical ideology. Very clever stuff !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VincentRJ said:

There's a new religion. It's called 'Catastrophic Anthropogenic Global Warming', or CAGW for short.

Welcome back Vincent, although i tend to agree with your post, I'll have to split hairs once again.. it's not just about the fairy tale of global warming, it's about shamelessly telling lies to the masses in the name of science.. I think somebody calls it " scientism".

Follow the money, same old, same old.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

well if we think of religion ,we all know which religion seems to control people the most and thats Islam ,but as was just posted there seem to be new "religions" all the time now we have the woke religion ,as said the "climate change" religion and the new religion where there are no men and women ,but we are all the same ,it seems these days you cant be a woman who gives birth but a "birthing person" 

God help us ,oops i dont believe in him.????

What you say about Islam is quite debatable, so excuse me if i play "devil's advocate " just a bit..

Were "Christians " successful in bringing democracy in places like Afghanistan,  or other countries in the middle east ?

Of course you can put all the blame on the natives, but that would be very much debatable too.

• Like 1

I think Australian Rules football makes the most sense. Pick it up and kick or hand pass back, forward, wherever, catch it, it is the best game. 

For the climate change, and taking action on covid, skeptics - to me you are like religious types, who stick with a certain premise, and work from there. Clearly the scientific evidence is that climate change is real and having significant effects and that the effect of covid required significant action to limit deaths. 

By all means differ on the action required, or what you are willing to put up with, but the science is in. If you are a good scientist, who can come up with the facts against the status quo, sure ... it might be a bit difficult, but there are enough good and smart people to change the scientific premise, if appropriate. Most who deny the above are not scientists but tedious media commentators and similar, with their own nonscientific agenda, in my opinion.

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 1

A few years ago, I bumped into a stranger who suggested I buy bitcoin. I had some extra cash and did exactly that. This has changed my life in ways I could never have imagined. 

20 years ago, I met a stranger who suggested I go to AA, this has changed my life beyond my wildest dreams. 

28 years ago in India, I saw God ????

NO doubt in my mind about the existence of God. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I think Australian Rules football makes the most sense. Pick it up and kick or hand pass back, forward, wherever, catch it, it is the best game. 

I have seen 2 grand finals and still am confused about the rules. 

Actually the last one, 3 or 4 years ago, I was told that no one could be sent off, no matter what they did! 

1 hour ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

For the climate change, and taking action on covid, skeptics - to me you are like religious types, who stick with a certain premise, and work from there. Clearly the scientific evidence is that climate change is real and having significant effects and that the effect of covid required significant action to limit deaths. 

By all means differ on the action required, or what you are willing to put up with, but the science is in. If you are a good scientist, who can come up with the facts against the status quo, sure ... it might be a bit difficult, but there are enough good and smart people to change the scientific premise, if appropriate. Most who deny the above are not scientists but tedious media commentators and similar, with their own nonscientific agenda, in my opinion.

I certainly believe climate is changing, but I don't believe humans can change it to anything else no matter how rich we make Elon with his silly cars.

Gaia ( God ) will do whatever Gaia wants to do, even if that's exterminating humans because we have behaved too badly and destroyed the environment.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2