Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

44 minutes ago, transam said:

I find electricity to be magic, I have never seen it, you only see it when it is doing something, though I have felt it on a couple of occasions..????

But, the thread is about do you believe in God, no I don't, plus I do not believe in going to a place and kneeling down worshipping a perceived person/thing, or the stories that are written in books about God sending his son down to sort stuff out, it was God who created man with whom they had the problem with.

One day, waaaaay in the future perhaps man, if it is not extinct, will find out how it all started, after all, even in these early stages of man, we now know when and how long the dinosaurs of different types roamed Earth, and when and how man appeared on Earth, which was nothing to do with Adam and Eve....???? 

Agree with your post, and don't forget that there re some christians who believe the world is only 6000 years old............shame about the fossils millions of years old!!

image.png.a2407cd979de33ef4977d86c21503284.png

Edited by xylophone
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, transam said:

plus I do not believe in going to a place and kneeling down worshipping a perceived person/thing, or the stories that are written in books about God sending his son down to sort stuff out, it was God who created man with whom they had the problem with.

Neither do I but then I'm not religious. Faith may be part of religion, but religion is not necessary to have faith.

58 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Still on the old "religion is bad" kick. Carry on talking to yourself as only 2 posters that believe in God and neither is religious.

Then I think the word "God" is not relevant to you...????

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, transam said:

Then I think the word "God" is not relevant to you...????

Why blaming others for your lack of imagination?

No one here ever talked about "God" as a vengeful old man with a beard,  sitting in the clouds and persecuting and tormenting the innocent... and no one ever talked about mother Mary's virginity, except for a bunch of people which i can't define properly. 

In other words, there are no religious bigots here, but you may find some around churches and temples, if you really wish to talk to them. ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Why blaming others for your lack of imagination?

No one here ever talked about "God" as a vengeful old man with a beard,  sitting in the clouds and persecuting and tormenting the innocent... and no one ever talked about mother Mary's virginity, except for a bunch of people which i can't define properly. 

In other words, there are no religious bigots here, but you may find some around churches and temples, if you really wish to talk to them. ????

Eeeeeeeeeer, do read the thread title again, I know it's probably been a long time since you saw it.

Lack of imagination of what, that I do not believe in a "God"... 

Perhaps you have been on this single thread to long chap....????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Eeeeeeeeeer, do read the thread title again, I know it's probably been a long time since you saw it.

Lack of imagination of what, that I do not believe in a "God"... 

Perhaps you have been on this single thread to long chap....????

Possibly yes, but this thread is enough for my daily dose of tvf entertainment.

Well, if there's some funny thread, like in the good old times, let me know old chap.????

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

451 pages detailing how belief in a creator God is not the same as being religious, and yet you appear to think it is.

Perhaps you can elaborate as to why you think religion and God are the same thing.

Oh no, no,  some of you have been going round in circles with the same ol' stuff for most of those pages, I pop in every year just to see what's happening, but it's the same.... Please carry on, will pop in next year....????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Oh no, no,  some of you have been going round in circles with the same ol' stuff for most of those pages, I pop in every year just to see what's happening, but it's the same.... Please carry on, will pop in next year....????

Soooooo, not going to answer the question then?

52 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Some people will attack you for no reason, but when asked for a logical explanation, will hide behind excuses. 

A popular excuse is "I'm not interested in this debate".

.... intellectual honesty, and honesty in general, seems to be out of fashion these days ????

Yep, very childish. I think, reason behind, is that it makes him feel better about his ignorance. 
Is the picture of the moon and the actual moon the same? Doh...:crazy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ladidaa said:

Yep, very childish. I think, reason behind, is that it makes him feel better about his ignorance. 

Another one that has forgotten the thread title and talks about ignorance...???? 

4 minutes ago, Ladidaa said:

I am extremely ignorant myself, so i can't really condemn ignorance. 

One thing leaves me baffled though, how some appear to be so proud in displaying it so relentlessly ????

• Thanks 2

On 11/10/2021 at 4:58 PM, transam said:

Another one that has forgotten the thread title and talks about ignorance...???? 

Correct Transam ,its about God,i just cannot understand how with so much knowledge in the world about the origins of man and how planets are formed ,how anyone can believe that God created it and that his son was born on our planet out of all the billions in the univereses.

mind you it must be great to believe that when you die you will see all your loved ones ,.but then as i have been married a few times and have a mother and a stepmother ,it might get a bit crowded at our eventual reunion ..

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Correct Transam ,its about God,i just cannot understand how with so much knowledge in the world about the origins of man and how planets are formed ,how anyone can believe that God created it and that his son was born on our planet out of all the billions in the univereses.

mind you it must be great to believe that when you die you will see all your loved ones ,.but then as i have been married a few times and have a mother and a stepmother ,it might get a bit crowded at our eventual reunion ..

Hilarious! ???????????? ...the first paragraph, I mean....

• Confused 3

10 minutes ago, Ladidaa said:

In a way it's hilarious, in some other way i found it discomforting; how discomforting, i don't have enough swear words to say ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

43 minutes ago, Ladidaa said:

20 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

In a way it's hilarious, in some other way i found it discomforting; how discomforting, i don't have enough swear words to say ????

U 2 r hilarious. ????????????

:cheesy:

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Who can say our planet was the only one that God came to in human form, unless of course they are psychic?

Not saying that I believe Jesus was any more God than any of us, but IMO we all come from and are part of God, and if I did believe that Jesus was God in human form I'd have no problem believing that the creator of life the universe and everything could appear on as many planets as God wished to do so.

Perhaps this God [or any Gods, for that matter] was misinterpreted as an ancient extraterrestrial - and it stuck. 

We all come from stardust.

• Like 2