Malaysia MM2H tightening visa rules?

3 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

I had Malaysia on my plan B list.  It has been scratched off for good.

For me too it seems, i was really interested as i am in the bracket from 35-50 years and it's one of the only ones who apply there except philiphines.

But seems they managed to turn it into shit by now...

They cannot be trusted, their government has some real issues and things can go south there really quick.  Too much of a gamble for me.  Indonesia is the only predominantly muslim country I will ever consider moving to but their retirement visa is much more of a headache even than the current Thai system for retirees.

26 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Not in Cambodia. Yet.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Give a year or 2. I thought they made some changes last year but that may have been the business visa. Thats right they want you to be employed for long term visas 6m-1year

In October 2017, Cambodia changed their rules and added an employment requirement to their long term visas.  However, the government did not publish clear guidelines and, at the present moment, nobody knows what to make of it – including visa agencies!

Ha ha does the above sound familiar ? but thai aint it lol

https://adventureprime.com/get-cambodian-6-month-1-year-visa-new-2018-rules/

I was one of those, that have predicted that the Immigration-Rules will get thighter all over SE/Asia. I am just surprised, how fast this is taking place.

According to the Opening Post, Malaysia would be "out" for me.
Accorcing to Post # 10 Cambodia would be "out" for me as well. (Loopholes so embarassingly obvious, that they WILL have to be closed soon.)
What remains? The Philippines for now. But the Philippines will hardly stay "isolated" while all other SE/Asian countries are "tightening-up".

Funny, if having the 800K in a Thai Bank the visa-thing is still "relatively easy". No have 800K?
= Beg, steal or borrow. Or sell your Thai Family into slavery. Saudi Arabia/Dubai comes to mind.

Is getting a letter of good conduct that difficult? So many having criminal records? I think that's a good move by the Malaysian authorities.

Land and housing matters are not matters that the Federal Government of Malaysia have any jurisdiction. It's up to individual states.

Housing is a state’s jurisdiction, not federal’s. Land matters too

Prime Minister Mahathir had used China as an election issue but many of us knew that all the China-bashing by Mahathir would eventually stop. After all, Malaysia just cannot afford to offend its biggest customer. And things are happening, as expected - the suspended East Coast Rail Link project by a China company has now been restarted.

On 4/16/2019 at 11:26 PM, Selatan said:

Is getting a letter of good conduct that difficult? So many having criminal records? I think that's a good move by the Malaysian authorities.

Land and housing matters are not matters that the Federal Government of Malaysia have any jurisdiction. It's up to individual states.

Housing is a state’s jurisdiction, not federal’s. Land matters too

Prime Minister Mahathir had used China as an election issue but many of us knew that all the China-bashing by Mahathir would eventually stop. After all, Malaysia just cannot afford to offend its biggest customer. And things are happening, as expected - the suspended East Coast Rail Link project by a China company has now been restarted.

Agreed. Malaysia should accept that it's a submissive weak state that needs to be either a colony or a vassal. Hopefully China won't loose the grip like the Brits did. 

Archived