Bernie Sanders releases 10 years of tax returns, details millionaire status

webfact

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:
11 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Here's a quote from Paul Krugman:

"But this is deeply stupid. Hypocrisy is pretending to care about the public interest when you’re actually serving your own interests. Opposing things that would be to your personal benefit, and supporting things that would make you a bit poorer, isn’t hypocritical at all — if anything, it deserves a little extra respect, because you’re making at least some sacrifice in support of your beliefs."

Funny haha that you quote Krugman, whom I saw the light on years ago. I do not give Krugman any credence to his rantings whatsoever

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/krugman-trump-global-recession-2016-231055

Just now, elmrfudd said:

And within 2 days of saying that he explicity took it back.

"There’s a temptation to predict immediate economic or foreign-policy collapse; I gave in to that temptation Tuesday night, but quickly realized that I was making the same mistake as the opponents of Brexit (which I got right). So I am retracting that call, right now."

https://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2016/11/11/the-long-haul/

21 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

And within 2 days of saying that he explicity took it back.

"There’s a temptation to predict immediate economic or foreign-policy collapse; I gave in to that temptation Tuesday night, but quickly realized that I was making the same mistake as the opponents of Brexit (which I got right). So I am retracting that call, right now."

https://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2016/11/11/the-long-haul/

taking it back? 

so it's ok to predict a collapse based on hatred, then take it back?

who knew

1 minute ago, elmrfudd said:

taking it back? 

so it's ok to predict a collapse based on hatred, then take it back?

who knew

Of course it's ok to acknowledge an error no matter what emotion it's allegedly based on. That's know as intellectual honesty. Not surprising that a die-hard Trump fan, just like Trump himself, sees that as a fault. 

2 hours ago, bristolboy said:

That actually seems quite damning. And I hope it gets a lot of publicity. But how does that excuse Trump's malfeasance which may well be criminal.

I never defended or excused Trump for anything that he's done, only pointed out things that Sanders did.

10 minutes ago, MickeyDelux said:

all that income and he didn't give squat to charity.  another democratic disappointment.

first off he gave about $20,000. And I guess you're not disappointed in Trump for illegally donating charity money to himself? Well, why would you be? It's to be expected.

Archived