Billionaire Arnault's family and LVMH to donate 200 million euros for Paris' Notre-Dame

webfact

Billionaire Arnault's family and LVMH to donate 200 million euros for Paris' Notre-Dame

2019-04-16T070906Z_1_LYNXNPEF3F0BK_RTROPTP_4_FRANCE-DASSAULT.JPG

LVMH luxury group Chief Executive Bernard Arnault (L) and his son Frederic Arnault attend the funeral ceremony of late French industrialist Serge Dassault at the Cathedral Saint-Louis of the Invalides in Paris, France, June 1, 2018. REUTERS/Charles Platiau/File Photo

PARIS (Reuters) - French billionaire businessman Bernard Arnault's family and his LVMH luxury goods group will donate 200 million euros ($226 million) to help repair Paris' Notre-Dame cathedral, said a statement issued on behalf of Arnault.

"The Arnault family and the LVMH group would like to show their solidarity ata this time of national tragedy, and are joining up to help rebuild this extraordinary cathedral, which is a symbol of France, of its heritage and of French unity," said the statement.

Arnault's pledge follows a similar 100 million euros donation for Notre-Dame from Francois Henri Pinault, who heads the Kering luxury goods company.

($1 = 0.8847 euros)

(Reporting by Sudip Kar-Gupta; editing by Richard Lough)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-04-16

Dreadful accident but have you noticed a trend here .... Windsor castle builders go in scaffolding goes up whoomph BIG fire .... Cutty Sark builders go in scaffolding goes up whoomph BIG fire .... then of course we have the Houses of Parliament builders go in scaffolding goes up and we Brexiteers get on our knees ????

59 minutes ago, car720 said:

Here we see the real religion of the world my friends.

Of all the people that this money would help and these people step up for an old building.  Talk about number of the beast.  Those two actually look like demons.  These folk belong in a cell alongside Pell.  One of the Illuminati inner circle for sure.

Wow dude, nice trip, can I have some too? Oh and I think they are Reptilians myself....

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, thequietman said:

It's disgusting!

Grenfell Tower, UK, over 80 people dead that we know of. Where was this money then?

Contributing to one of the largest multinationals in the world, the Catholic Church. Billions of dollars in assets. Pure arse kissing or a tax write off. Either way a dead gesture as far as I am concerned. ????

Notre Dame is owned by the French State, not the Church.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/notre-dame-has-no-insurance-policy-2019-04-16

• Like 1

2 hours ago, simple1 said:

Notre Dame is owned by the French State, not the Church.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/notre-dame-has-no-insurance-policy-2019-04-16

While the building itself is owned by the state, the Catholic Church is the designated beneficiary, having the exclusive right to use it for religious purposes in perpetuity. 

12 minutes ago, thequietman said:

While the building itself is owned by the state, the Catholic Church is the designated beneficiary, having the exclusive right to use it for religious purposes in perpetuity. 

My point is the French State has ownership for rebuilding, not the Church

6 minutes ago, simple1 said:

My point is the French State has ownership for rebuilding, not the Church

I understand that but the Catholic church is worth in excess of 100 billion or more, so maybe some money from them would be nice. Agree?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, thequietman said:

I understand that but the Catholic church is worth in excess of 100 billion or more, so maybe some money from them would be nice. Agree?

I would imagine the global wealth is even more. The Vatican is very good at minimising it's liabilities.  Let's wait and see if the Church steps up beyond its legal obligations.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Trouble said:

How bitter you must be.  How much of your money, above what you need for housing and food, do you give to the poor each year?  Everyone has a right to do what they want with the money they earned.  So many here on TV just pathetic, that they hate success.  Sour grapes, perhaps.  

The great thing about being at the bottom is that you don't have so far to fall and I guarantee that I give more than you.  It is those that don't give that accumulate and call it success.

• Confused 1

They could have built and ran a dozen schools and a couple of hospitals but sure a child molestation club is another option.

Let the poor applaud the rich with their carefully selected photos and their press release.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

200 mill buys him political favours and good PR worth ten times  more.

It is very unlikely that the ultrarich French are paying their full liability of taxes, which are horrendous in France. These contributions will be only a small portion of the taxes they have avoided.

• Like 1