My Online 90 Day Report Rejected Reason?

My recent online 90 Day report was rejected.  I am on a Non-Imm O/Retirement Visa.  I went on a trip to Malaysia in January and came back and re-entered Thailand on Jan 21. so that makes my next report due on April 20.  But then on April 1st I left on a 3 week trip to India (due to return to Thailand Apr 24). On April 13 while in India I submitted my online 90 Day Report to meet the April 20 deadline. But the report came back rejected with a note in the comments by Immigration "Departed on 01/4/19".  Was the reason for rejection because I did not stay a full 90 days in Thailand so I did not have to do the report? I am still in India and my flight back is Apr 24 or do I need to come back before Apr 20 and do the report?

I travel a lot and it gets confusing but I worry that I'm missing a report deadline so I try to play it safe and do my reports but maybe not necessary because the count reset. I understand the 90 day count will reset after I return to Thailand April 24 but that's past April 20 so maybe it'll be overdue.  I travel so much it seems like technically I could go the whole year without having to do a report given that the counter keeps resetting. But then I think maybe Immigration is not aware of my travels.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

Yes, you could easily go all year without being required to do any 90 day reports (as long as you leave Thailand prior to having been here for 90 days consecutively).

All 90 day reports should be done while in Thailand (i.e. not while in another country).

Immigration is fully aware of your travels (as long as you come and go legally via Immigration at the airports or land borders).  They know when you left and when you arrive again.

• Like 2

Just now, sfokevin said:

Also many report that anytime you enter the county the first report must be made in person/mail then you are in the computer database and subsequent report online are possible.

Yes this is what I have heard. I believe the first 90 day report must be done in person.

2 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

Also many report that anytime you enter the county the first report must be made in person/mail then you are in the computer database and subsequent reporting online is possible.

The first report is one done after your first extension of stay or visa entry that allows you to stay longer than 90 days in the country.

Reports after entering the country are not considered as doing the first report.

Being able to do a online report is not tied to the local office database. The online reporting system accesses a database generated by entries to the country.

OK thank you all that clears up a lot of my confusion and a relief to know I'll be OK.  Thanks Mee I wasn't sure if they kept good track of our travels. I guess they keep tabs by scanning the TM 6 Arrival/Departure cards into their database that links that data to our passport number. I have to give Thai Immigration credit for meticulously collecting that data. Thought maybe it was just tossed in the trash but I guess not.

I had one rejected after going home to Australia for Xmas, I asked the IO when I went in to do the report and she said that if you leave before it is due, it is reset on your return and the online reporting will not work the next time you try to do it, however after doing an in person reporting your next online report when due, will / should work for you.

• Like 1

My 2nd 90day report was due 7 April but I was travelling away from where I live in Esaan so I reported online. It was still showing 'pending' 7 April so I reported to Hua Hin office but they refused to do it as I told them I was leaving the country on 9 April. I was worried about problems at the airport on leaving but I was stamped out routinely and quickly without enquiry or comment. My online report application is still showing 'pending'!

SOLVED!!!  Filing 90 day report Online:  For what it's worth...I have never been able to successfully file a 90-day report online before.  I finally think I figured out the problem.  My window to file online opened up yesterday and, as usual, I tried unsuccessfully to file online and got the familiar failure message "Contact Immigration". 

Then, a friend suggested I only fill in the boxes that had the red asterisk (i.e.: leave all boxes without asterisks blank even if you have the information, like airline flight #, for instance).

It worked like a charm!  Of course, the reason most people fail is because they file outside the window of opportunity which is 7 - 15 days before expiration, but if you know you are timing it right and still get that failure message, this may help.

Anyway, hope this might help some with this quirky online system ????

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I am on NON-O Retirement visa. Recently i renewed my one year visa on 6th Oct2020. Earlier my 90 days reporting was due on 14th Oct 2020 and i reported online on 13th Oct 2020 But been rejected. . In report they asked me to go to Nakhon Sawan Immigration department. I really don't know what could be the reason. If anybody have such information kindly let me know please. Is it because after I renewed my one year retirement visa, Is it necessary to report in personal for first time? Can not report for 90 days online? Some one told me that I have to Provide TM-30 form for residence proof again? Is it true?

Edited by Yanki
Correction purpose only

7 minutes ago, Yanki said:

Can not report for 90 days online?

Please READ the topic thread you are posting in before posting, as the answer you seek may already be within  ...such as the one below talking about an online reporting "window of opportunity of 15 - 7 days prior" to your 90-day report deadline.

The answer within:

On 4/20/2019 at 12:41 PM, Kohsamida said:

Of course, the reason most people fail is because they file outside the window of opportunity which is 7 - 15 days before expiration, but if you know you are timing it right and still get that failure message, this may help.

9 hours ago, Yanki said:

Recently i renewed my one year visa on 6th Oct2020.

I am under the impression that an annual renewal of an extension of stay does NOT count as a 90-day report.

And that one's FIRST extension of stay does count as a 90-day report.

Have you ever successfully filed a 90-day report on-line?

Many people report success using the on-line system, while others report issues.

The current window is -15 to 0, so up to 15 days before the report date, right up until the report date. That as changed a while ago, and yes, the instructions still show the -15 to -7 window.

I would go in person to file the report. Then maybe ask about that office's requirements re: on-line reporting.

9 hours ago, RichCor said:

Please READ the topic thread you are posting in before posting, as the answer you seek may already be within  ...such as the one below talking about an online reporting "window of opportunity of 15 - 7 days prior" to your 90-day report deadline.

The answer within:

The rules have changed since the post you quoted were made. You can now report up to and including the date your 90 report is due.

image.png.28b683f117c9ced253d00755f9136cd5.png

• Like 1