British woman raped on Koh Phi Phi, Thai man arrested

webfact

British woman raped on Koh Phi Phi, Thai man arrested

18-04-19-10.jpg

Picture: M THAI

A Thai man has been arrested and charged with the rape of a British tourist on Koh Phi Phi.

The man, who has not been named, is understood to be a member of a local boat crew.

On Monday, the 21 year old British woman reported that she had been raped.

The woman, who was travelling alone, told police said she had been out drinking with an Irish man and fell asleep outside a restaurant on Loh Dalum beach.

After checking CCTV, investigating officers on Wednesday arrested a Thai man who works on the island.

Pol.Gen Krishna Patanacharoen, deputy spokesman of the Royal Thai Police apologised for the incident and told officers resolve the case quickly.

Source: M THAI

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-04-18

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, lazeeboy said:

Passed out drunk dressed provocative regardless doesn't warrant being raped 

Passed out drunk with my phone and wallet on the table in front of me doesn't warrant being robbed either.

But some places in the world you just need to be a bit more careful than you are in your living room.

............... if you want to avoid becoming a victim.

10 minutes ago, John Sutherland said:

Where did the Irishman go. Nice of him to leave her passed out in public, rather than make sure she is safe.

Obviously he wasn't finished drinking

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:
10 minutes ago, lazeeboy said:

Passed out drunk with my phone and wallet on the table in front of me doesn't warrant being robbed either.

But some places in the world you just need to be a bit more careful than you are in your living room.

............... if you want to avoid becoming a victim.

Nothing warrants being raped... nothing at all.  Nothing warrants any crime against you, any crime at all. Yet, these crimes still happen - why? because of human nature and we live in a real world and not a 'make-believe-fairytale' world where things 'should or shouldn't' happen.

This is always a devicive subject where no doubt the next 10+ pages of this thread will dance around the subject that 'a Woman should be able to wear what she wants and be safe'... Well of course she should...  But we don't live in that world. 

People have to be responsible for their own safety and being responsible for your own safety means acknowledging the risks which you may potentially face in a real world scenario....  Those who don't acknowledge these real world risks and act / behave accordingly are placing themselves at unnecessary risk.

I hope the scum who raped this girl gets shot. 

13 minutes ago, hansnl said:

Oh, come on!

H

14 minutes ago, hansnl said:

Oh, come on!

Right on hansi  ... stop making others, in this case women, responsible for male thinking and choices of behaviour.

crap thinking mate!

33 minutes ago, lazeeboy said:

You're stating the obvious.  Everybody agrees that rape is always wrong.

But if you had a daughter, would you advise her to:

Never go drinking alone and get sht-faced drunk to the point of passing out in public.

OR

Do whatever you want, any time you want because you're a woman and woman have rights!

1 hour ago, webfact said:

told police said she had been out drinking with an Irish man and fell asleep outside a restaurant

so she was pissed as a parrot and passed out ......  hmmmmmmm

not very safety conscious is she .......

I wonder if these young Western women who walk alone on “deserted” beaches or pass out from drinking too much in front of a bar or beach would do the same thing in their own country ( the answer is NO) 

I know I’ve had arguments with my Western lady friends thinking their behavior should not matter but this IS a different culture. 

Okay 

First let me caveat what I am about to say.

RAPE, THEFT, GETTING ROLLED ARE ALL BAD THINGS AND SHOULD NOT HAPPEN.

Okay now, let me get back to reality.

First thing this young lady did wrong.  She came on a trip alone.  I don't care if itis the US UK Spain or Thailand you should always go with a friend.  If not be careful.

How many times in your home country have you ever seen a girl come into a bar by herself?  not that often.

As to clothes yes you are away from home dress as sexy, naughty slutty as you want.  Dye your hair the colour of the rainbow I really don't care.  BUT REMEMBER ALL actions have consequences.  

My Thai lady is always worried about how she is seen in public.  She wants to make sure that she is always seen as my gf, not a bargirl gf.  That being said when we were in Pattaya she let her guard down as to what she wore but still acted properly.  AGAIN she realized her actions had consequences.

Going out drinking with someone that you either just met or do not know can be dangerous especially for women Do they not realized date rape drugs are available here too.

Partying, it does not matter if you are a man or a woman or a ladyboy, if you go out by yourself then you need to protect yourself.  Know when you have had enough.  Do not binge drink. Enjoy the drink just don't chug it back or drink strange concoctions you have never heard of or tried.  If you overindulge you are leaving yourself open to any number of issues, robbery, rape magic marker drawing, and or death.

I am sorry but I have seen too many men and women that are so drunk that anyone could take them back to their flat or apartment.  

It happens all the time with men and we don't get upset why should we treat women any different.

Girl you screwed up.  Yes he will get charged and yes he might do some time in the slammer BUT you need to take a long look in the mirror and realize that IF YOU HAD OT GOTTEN SO DRUNK THT YOU PASSED OUT HE WOULD NOT HAVE HAD THE CHANCE TO RAPE YOU.

Archived