Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Missing Spoons at 7-11

EVENKEEL

On 4/19/2019 at 6:24 PM, Moonlover said:

I just can't believe I'm reading this!

O/P haven't you heard. I'll shout it a little loader. THE WORLD IS DROWNING IN PLASTIC! (with apologies to the mods)

Say NO to plastic in all its forms. Including little plastic spoons which are bloody useless anyway!

plastic.jpg

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/19/2019 at 5:35 PM, EVENKEEL said:

I buy yogurt regularly and sometimes.....sometimes those little plastic spoons are missing. Pisses me off to no ended when I get home and they're missing

I came up with a great solution, I have used it myself on more than one  occasion.... a.... "tea spoon"?

On 4/19/2019 at 6:03 PM, EVENKEEL said:

Gotta have a nice small spoon like they provide. hate eating yogurt with a large spoon, it's not civilized.

I used to get pissed off too. Then I learned to check my purchase. Same goes for tiling floors, painting walls, never leave for a one second or it all might go terribly wrong.

Spoon in thai is "John" with a longer oo.

BTW, why is this in entertainment section, I would classify as general knowledge.

Gotta have a nice small spoon like they provide. hate eating yogurt with a large spoon, it's not civilized.

Buy some small spoons. Those little plastic spoons are nothing but plastic pollution.

7 hours ago, Lacessit said:

You are kidding, right? My understanding is US welfare has its recipients living out of dumpsters.

Oh wait, that's what you claim to be doing.

That's ok they can still vote. In lots of places you don't need an addy to vote. Hell, In Chicago, as long as you vote Democratic, you don't need to be alive, they will come right to the cemetery.

Get it straight: dumpsters are a form of pied a terre for me. I copulate behind dumpsters. Not live there

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

But how awesome are those cute little plastic spoons that makes this portion of yogurt last longer than eating it with a soup spoon. And, and when you're finished no need to walk into kitchen with said dirty metal spoon. You simply toss it in the trash. I don't believe nay sayers are yogurt lovers or yogurt enthusiasts.

But thanks to an unnamed posh hotel I'm in procession of some fine quality hoity toity small spoons which may work in a pinch.

I used chopsticks last night. Works good.

20 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

That's ok they can still vote. I lots of places you don't need an addy to vote. Hell, In Chicago, as long as you vote Democratic, you don't need to be alive, they will come right to the cemetery.

Get it straight: dumpsters are a form of pied a terre for me. I copulate behind dumpsters. Not live there

I don't want to get into too much detail. However, what's the attraction of dumpsters? Do they have a plethora of used plastic yoghurt spoons to feast your eyes on? Or are the ladies you engage with just kinky about that kind of venue?

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

I don't want to get into too much detail. However, what's the attraction of dumpsters? Do they have a plethora of used plastic yoghurt spoons to feast your eyes on? Or are the ladies you engage with just kinky about that kind of venue?

Well you can save money on dates and hotel rooms. She wants French? Hell head to the Dumpster behind Chez Lizarde, set up a nice repast and have at it. Most folks don't eat all their Escargot anyway

6 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Well you can save money on dates and hotel rooms. She wants French? Hell head to the Dumpster behind Chez Lizarde, set up a nice repast and have at it. Most folks don't eat all their Escargot anyway

I was under the impression you are more of a burger person, so I suppose the dumpster at McDonalds also gets the pleasure of your company.

16 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I was under the impression you are more of a burger person, so I suppose the dumpster at McDonalds also gets the pleasure of your company.

Burger King because portions are larger.

Taco Bell is one of the best because you can repiece together burritos and refill them. It's time consuming, yet adds immeasureably to the ambiance of a Taco Bell dinner date

On 4/19/2019 at 2:08 PM, DaRoadrunner said:

And I thought my mind was warped. EVENKEEL you even make me look normal.

I used to have a Japanese business partner who explained they used chopsticks as they did not like the taste of metal spoons. Have you tried eating your Yoghurt with chopsticks?

No, he's gotta have his "soup in a basket" first ????

I only by the four pack yogurts at Makro after checking that they don't have the small plastic spoons wrapped in plastic. Why just not buy a small spoon to use for yogurt? Your small contribution to cutting back on plastic waste. 

Next time you do get a spoon, treat it like gold by washing it and putting it away in a safe place so you can use it again next time you are not given a spoon. Or, you could just ask for a spoon when you buy the yoghurt.

On 4/19/2019 at 6:24 PM, Moonlover said:

I just can't believe I'm reading this!

O/P haven't you heard. I'll shout it a little loader. THE WORLD IS DROWNING IN PLASTIC! (with apologies to the mods)

Say NO to plastic in all its forms. Including little plastic spoons which are bloody useless anyway!

Your Idyllic world would be awful without the incredible things plastic has brought to us  all.

6 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

Your Idyllic world would be awful without the incredible things plastic has brought to us  all.

Yes it would, BUT the sheer quantity of useless plastic is what's worrying.

Some places now charge for so-called "single-use plastic" and the recorded amounts of discarded plastics have dropped.

Plastic is one of the greatest inventions of the 20th century but in the 21st century, we're in severe danger of it killing the planet.

Watch Sir David Attenborough's "Blue Planet 2"

Like Technology, plastic should serve us not swamp and drown us.

2 minutes ago, VBF said:

Yes it would, BUT the sheer quantity of useless plastic is what's worrying.

Some places now charge for so-called "single-use plastic" and the recorded amounts of discarded plastics have dropped.

Plastic is one of the greatest inventions of the 20th century but in the 21st century, we're in severe danger of it killing the planet.

Watch Sir David Attenborough's "Blue Planet 2"

Like Technology, plastic should serve us not swamp and drown us.

If you read what you originally  said you said no to plastic in ALL its  forms ie  ALL  plastic

10 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

The  point however was  valid, he/she was  saying ALL   plastic which is ridiculous, its been a  boon to man/womankind.

Indeed - but we've reached a stage where  the boon is close to becoming an enemy and humankind needs to take control of its invention.

Which was my point from #106 that "Like Technology, plastic should serve us not swamp and drown us."

Feel free to buy a few small metal spoons in Tesco, BigC or elsewhere.

Good for the environment.

I presume.

Just picked up on this thread - has ThaiVisa really  descended to such a low state that members are actually complaining about the lack of a plastic spoon ( that can be around for hundreds of years polluting the seas and beaches ) 

Sadly I see a huge increase in these nonsensical posts - my cynical view is this all to increase traffic / clicks - therefore to increase advertising revenue- I am alleging nothing - just a point of view .    

43 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Forget the plastic spoons, my bitch is why they only half fill the tubs, can anyone explain that, other than the youghurt companies totally ripping off their customers.

Buy Australian yoghurt, and you won't have that problem. Just saying.....

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Burger King because portions are larger.

Taco Bell is one of the best because you can repiece together burritos and refill them. It's time consuming, yet adds immeasureably to the ambiance of a Taco Bell dinner date

This is the man dumping on me from a great height with scorn and derision for the absurdity of my posts? Mate, I'm on the second floor of a condo, and you're on the nineteenth when it comes to heights of said parameter.

I'm assuming the Taco Bell assignations are with Mexican ladies. How do they compare with the Thai version? Crap, I can't believe I just asked that question.

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Buy Australian yoghurt, and you won't have that problem. Just saying.....

Why? Because they scoop the spills off the line to top off the containers?

Archived