Do You Know (or Suspect That You Know) Anyone Off These Boards

leisurely

I try to guard my anonymity as much as possible, but I think I have been outed by someone. In my real life I am a quiet, shy, unassuming person, but on here I am much more outgoing.

I do feel that I know two posters from a previous life and certainly one I think works with my husband. YIKES!

Just read that, when I say previous life, I mean when I lived in England and one from Dubai not reincarnation.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know at least two posters here in TV forums and as I post under my real name they, and possibly others, know me. I do not hide behind a nom de plume/guerre as I am not ashamed of my opinions and views, maybe I sould be - who cares?

But I totally respect their anonanimity (criminy that was a toughie) and would never "out" them. I don't recall if the forum rules have a clause for disclosing personal details against the wishes of the person but they should do although, for me, it is common etiquette.

I don't recall if the forum rules have a clause for disclosing personal details against the wishes of the person but they should do although, for me, it is common etiquette.

They do.

Nothing wrong with anonymity. It's when people abuse it to be tossers that it gets annoying.

If you do get "outed" just PM a mod and they deal with it rather quickly.

I am actually living in Madagascar, on a raft tied to the dock, with a wireless that connects to my yacht which I found superflous. I am a 99 year old warrioress from the Falklands war, and my white tresses are tangled in the seaweed, and the sand crabs speak perfect Etruscan to me about sunlit nights along the Nile....could I trouble you for a trifle of truffle, por favor?

I am actually living in Madagascar, on a raft tied to the dock, with a wireless that connects to my yacht which I found superflous. I am a 99 year old warrioress from the Falklands war, and my white tresses are tangled in the seaweed, and the sand crabs speak perfect Etruscan to me about sunlit nights along the Nile....could I trouble you for a trifle of truffle, por favor?

i'll direct you to my avatar!!

Feel free to give me a friendly wave as I drift by on my raft or was it callede the 'Kon Tiki '

:o

I know one other poster very well, though I haven't seen him for a number of years and I suspect I know two other posters.

Actually the poster I know very well has already posted... :o

Edited by GuestHouse

Wow. That sounds like a deluxe fast food whammy of me with cream cake thrown on the side.

Wei shemma, ni shuo shr? Wo shiang ni shuo de bu hao.

Bakanayatsu jya nai to omo, kedo...anata no kangae wa do yuu imi desu ka? Watashi o kirai no?

So, TV members cannot have other skills or abilities? Or cannot share any bits of their learned skills?

If you want to hit me, do it in the open, like a real person.

Onegaiitashimasu.

Wow. That sounds like a deluxe fast food whammy of me with cream cake thrown on the side.

Bakanayatsu jya nai to omo, kedo...anata no kangae wa do yuu imi desu ka? Watashi o kirai no?

So, TV members cannot have other skills or abilities? Or cannot share any bits of their learned skills?

Onegaiitashimasu.

Remind me, what language is this forum restricted to?

I am considering buying some Thai gold jewellery through eBay (Australia). It is being sold by an Englishman who teaches English in Bangkok and has an online eBay store. I think I know who he is - but I won't expose him.

Peter

I try to guard my anonymity as much as possible, but I think I have been outed by someone. In my real life I am a quiet, shy, unassuming person, but on here I am much more outgoing.

I do feel that I know two posters from a previous life and certainly one I think works with my husband. YIKES!

Just read that, when I say previous life, I mean when I lived in England and one from Dubai not reincarnation.

I dont think it's either unusual or wrong to have a different personality online to the one you have in real life. I never understand the phrase 'keyboard warrior' . . . to me it gives the whole forum thing far too much importance (see other thread on animosity).

What a load of nonsense. A forum is a forum; nothing more. It can be informative, fun, engaging, dull . .whatever. And that should be for the poster and the reader. The problem is that far too many people take it far too seriously. I mean, come on. How can anyone get upset by rather barbed comments from another poster, to the extent of losing sleep about it and picturing and planning physical retribution? What silliness.

Anyway, to answer the OP. I don't know anyone on Thaivisa. I barely know this bendix fellow. He has so many personalities I get confused keeping up with him.

I know at least two posters here in TV forums and as I post under my real name they, and possibly others, know me. I do not hide behind a nom de plume/guerre as I am not ashamed of my opinions and views, maybe I sould be - who cares?

But I totally respect their anonanimity (criminy that was a toughie) and would never "out" them. I don't recall if the forum rules have a clause for disclosing personal details against the wishes of the person but they should do although, for me, it is common etiquette.

Being anon (in general) on the net is the only way to go, for me at least, and i'd think most would agree. Too easy to build a total profile of you, including account numbers, address, whatever. Add to that an analysis of your general character gained from reading your posts, you could find yourself in a very vulnerable position, in many ways.

Then why do you come here for?? Don't you wanna make friends and at the same time, contribute? Whats the whole point of these boards then? I'm a member of other boards and have met about 40% of the members. 40 only because I do not have the time to travel out and get pinched like the rest of them do, but because I live far away from where all the action is. Being ratted out if your a mute in reality is normal on boards, so just sit back, meet people and enjoy dude, peace.

MBB.

Onegaiitashimasu.

Sorry, GH, the only other ones I know and better to throw words than stones.

Being anon (in general) on the net is the only way to go, for me at least, and i'd think most would agree. Too easy to build a total profile of you, including account numbers, address, whatever. Add to that an analysis of your general character gained from reading your posts, you could find yourself in a very vulnerable position, in many ways.

Criminy O.R.E., :D you're stoking up my paranoia :D .

I signed up to TV back last year when the visa regs were the hot issue and wanted to keep up to speed with the facts and was recommended this forum. I never really intended joining in the fun and frivolity but kind of drifted into it, now I am a self confessed postaholic :D .

I had thought about seeing if I could change my name. But it's a bit pointless as it wouldn't take inspector Morse long to figure it out. philharries disappears from radar at 600 something posts and ZargtheVaporizer pops up with 631 to his name.

9 :o

I know a few people through another forum, who also post on here using the same nick. There is one person on that forum who I know posts on here a lot, but I haven't been able to figure out who he is here (I have a suspicion), but I'm sure he's figured out who I am. Cryptic, huh? Other than that, as far as I'm aware I don't know anyone on here.

Don't know anyone who posts on the forum.

Have to agree with bendix & philharries posts.

Couldn't care less who knows me IRL or as a forum poster, I am the same person, same views, anything I would post on the forum I would say to someones face. Not ashamed or embarassed. Nothing to hide. (except maybe my bank balance & product secrets)

As far as I am concerned, it is not my business how other people conduct their lives, so if I knew other people on the forum, it is not my place to talk about it, even if it was an a-hole full of tripe.

I think that if someone wants to be known as a forum poster, they will tell you. Who cares if someone wants to have two identities, online & offline. Up to them. (Just don't forget which is which, or we'll all be lost in the mid-night haze).

Cheers,

Soundman.

Onegaiitashimasu.

Sorry, GH, the only other ones I know and better to throw words than stones.

Poor attempt at Mandarin and Japanese.... Must try harder.

...Onegaiitashimasu.

Wow, Nihongo to Peiping-go chosu desu, ne. (Err, Japanese and Mandarin very good) Or so it looks to me.

Anyway, the forum-world is very small and everybody sooner or later drops a hint or two, like one member, who I am sure I could pinpoint and see him every day. I would never get the idea to mention it to him.

OTOH, sooner or later there will be another pis*-up where many members to meet. Missed them so far, as I am travelling a lot.

Whenever i'm sat in a bar or restaurant or even walking down the street, I often wonder if the farang sat opposite me could be a TV member? It's kinda fun trying to guess who it might be! Ha haa!

Yes.....It's true, I must be very bored!

Mark

I have only met a couple of the guys.

However I find myself sometimes thinking, if I am sat in a bar or eating in a restaurant, "I wonder if that is????" Its the law of averages that even though we dont know each other, that if we are out drinking or eating that other person who is looking at you could be a forum member :o

Maybe we should have a secret sign.

So next time you ar just wondering if that person is a forum member, scratch both ear lobes at the same time and wait for a similar response :D

Whenever i'm sat in a bar or restaurant or even walking down the street, I often wonder if the farang sat opposite me could be a TV member? It's kinda fun trying to guess who it might be! Ha haa!

Yes.....It's true, I must be very bored!

Mark

I often do this and when i do it reminds me why you should take everything on the forum with a large pinch of salt.