US tourist arrested over theft, damage to speedboat in Krabi

webfact

Estimated damage close to 10k in us dollars. that is alot.i imagine a bit on top for some others too.the owner of the the bost got lucky I think.my friend in cm had a accident he admitted all his fault buying a new scooter would have being cheaper than repair the bike.the thai person claimed for everything under the sun to fix it even if it was not damaged i imsgine

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
On 4/24/2019 at 2:25 PM, observer90210 said:

Why does Thailand attract such idiots ?

Its an age old topic but as an expat here 10 years and many visits pror I will comment, which BTW I normally do not..   is the western countries are so over controlled (ie Australia) think about it... then they come here, they think they can do whatever they want..  the thais have their culture, their systems.. which not many understand or respect, frankly I dont know how they tolerate the clowns that come here.. so when the shit hits the fan... it hits hard..

• 5 months later...
On 4/24/2019 at 2:32 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Ballsy move that....  

I wonder how much of the damage was pre-exisiting. This is going to cost him. 

Yes, I agree his mental capacity must be in question, not to mention blood alcohol/drug level.  I don't think "The Devil made me do it" defense will work in Thailand...

Archived