Former Vice President Biden launches White House bid as Democrat frontrunner

snoop1130

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mikebike said:

I am terrified of old people voting. They brought us 45. They live in an alternate reality where "bipartisanship" is still a thing. God help Biden fans.

So true. The lower voting age is 18. There should probably be a higher limit set at around 70 as well.

5 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

One has to be 35 to be President, I'd suggest that for a minimum voting age too.

Because... why?

Are you enamoured with the idea of sending 18 yr-olds off to war but restricting their right to participate in the institutions they are defending? Can u say, "unamerican"?

10 minutes ago, Becker said:

There should probably be a higher limit set at around 70 as well.

100% and also mandatory voting.

Week-long voting periods. Hand-counted ballots. 

Competency tests for seniors.

Huge penalties for failure to vote:

17 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

One has to be 35 to be President, I'd suggest that for a minimum voting age too

There should definitely be an age cap to both serving and voting to avoid mental deterioration from playing a role in the process.

Minimum? If you are old enough to serve in the military you are old enough to vote.

On 4/25/2019 at 6:34 PM, smutcakes said:

Unless the Democrats can find someone with a bit more panache and charisma than the current nominees then they are not going to get anywhere against Trump. Biden, a nice gentleman (maybe) dignified etc but about as exciting and inspirational as dog turd.

All polls show Biden beating tRump all the time. A president who has and never has or will reach a positive approval will lose hands down.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_biden-6247.html#polls

16 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

All polls show Biden beating tRump all the time. A president who has and never has or will reach a positive approval will lose hands down.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_biden-6247.html#polls

The US does not elect presidents on the basis of popularity. I'm sure you knew that already.

On 4/25/2019 at 4:34 AM, smutcakes said:

Unless the Democrats can find someone with a bit more panache and charisma than the current nominees then they are not going to get anywhere against Trump. Biden, a nice gentleman (maybe) dignified etc but about as exciting and inspirational as dog turd.

Check out Yang. He's my current #2 behind Bernie, ahead of Warren, though I disagree with his primary platform position of UBI, which he calls the "freedom dividend".

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:39 AM, earlinclaifornia said:

You get a C+ for childish behavior. By the time the grown ups are done talking Mr. Trump will be POTUS for another 4 yrs.

37 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

You get a C+ for childish behavior. By the time the grown ups are done talking Mr. Trump will be POTUS for another 4 yrs.

Naaa don’t think so lol 

Don't forget Biden's Anita Hill fiasco. I have not even seen that get brought up unless I missed it. 

Like someone else said, lord help us if this guy is the nominee. That would say some really scary things about the voting populace, as if there weren't already enough bad signs. 

Don't forget Biden's Anita Hill fiasco. I have not even seen that get brought up unless I missed it. 

Like someone else said, lord help us if this guy is the nominee. That would say some really scary things about the voting populace, as if there weren't already enough bad signs. 

What fiasco, that he voted for Clarence Thomas?

If there was a moment in Hillary's campaign when it all came crashing down it would be the deplorables fiasco(you could argue any of the public seizures and being carted away by burly minders were also-rans). Not one to be outdone our Joe decides to call all Trump supporters "dregs of society". Slow learners much?

Joe Biden: 'Dregs of society' support Donald Trump

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/sep/17/joe-biden-dregs-society-have-ally-donald-trump/

Well looks like Donald’s exposure as the #1 top dog business failure for several years running gives mr Biden plenty of ammo to stop that I’m a great business man lol between the health care environment immigration (rember last year he had the votes wall money ect just had to attack the daca kids)failures his utter inability to govern mr Biden has lots and lots of stuff on Donald lol

Well looks like Donald’s exposure as the #1 top dog business failure for several years running gives mr Biden plenty of ammo to stop that I’m a great business man lol between the health care environment immigration (rember last year he had the votes wall money ect just had to attack the daca kids)failures his utter inability to govern mr Biden has lots and lots of stuff on Donald lol

Yes, I rember. Biden will annihilate him in the general!

Great to see the Times getting all the additional mileage out of this old story.

If there was a moment in Hillary's campaign when it all came crashing down it would be the deplorables fiasco(you could argue any of the public seizures and being carted away by burly minders were also-rans). Not one to be outdone our Joe decides to call all Trump supporters "dregs of society". Slow learners much?

Joe Biden: 'Dregs of society' support Donald Trump
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/sep/17/joe-biden-dregs-society-have-ally-donald-trump/
Taken completely out of context.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The US Dems need to come up with something/someone other than crusty old folks like Hillary, Crazy Bernie or Creepy Joe (but not nutjob AOE) and some policies too that might get US voters on board. Need to drop the "hate trump" banging the drum thing and get serious about convincing people to get on board. Get someone like that Kennedy kid up front who is maybe more acceptable to many and might have a chance to influence the swing voters too ... also, Pelosi needs to go as is a polarizing hate figure too. 

10 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

The US Dems need to come up with something/someone other than crusty old folks like Hillary, Crazy Bernie or Creepy Joe (but not nutjob AOE) and some policies too that might get US voters on board. Need to drop the "hate trump" banging the drum thing and get serious about convincing people to get on board. Get someone like that Kennedy kid up front who is maybe more acceptable to many and might have a chance to influence the swing voters too ... also, Pelosi needs to go as is a polarizing hate figure too. 

Policies like giving folks a medicare option or putting Social Security on a sound footing forever by making wealthy Americans pay Social Security on their income? Oh wait, they're doing just that.

1 hour ago, Cryingdick said:

Even Pelosi and Schumer as dumb as they are know know Trump has to deal with China right here and right now. C'mon man, Biden is done. I was shocked to see Pelosi shifting her dentures and in agreement with Trump.

Ha ha naaaa don’t think so donald is exposed for what he is he won’t be running against an unpopular woman(most likely)he has proven again and again to be utterly unsuited for the job and as for China Donald reacts on impulse not on deep thought or reflection still trying to get my mind around losing over a billion dollars wonder how many contractors were ruined homes lost ect the fallout from that alone must be staggering 

Policies like giving folks a medicare option or putting Social Security on a sound footing forever by making wealthy Americans pay Social Security on their income? Oh wait, they're doing just that.

Wealthy Americans don’t pay Social Security?

So you are for removing the cap on the payroll tax, correct?

Are you also for removing the caps on Social Security payments?

What about means testing, do you support that?

Archived