Former Vice President Biden launches White House bid as Democrat frontrunner

snoop1130

5 hours ago, Thakkar said:

The community is not an asylum. Neither is the prison. 

Countries where prisoners get a say in how the place is run, and are given generous rights, experience lower recidivism. Prison is not just about punishment, but also rehabilitation.

I'm not going to vote for anyone that wants to give criminals rights. I want them locked up. That way the non criminal part of society are safer. 

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pervy Joe is just so uninspiring and boring- its as if the Dems don't want to win with the line up of flawed candidates that keep coming forward. I wonder how many more stories will come out about the Pervy Joe and his wandering hands.

2 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Pervy Joe is just so uninspiring and boring- its as if the Dems don't want to win with the line up of flawed candidates that keep coming forward. I wonder how many more stories will come out about the Pervy Joe and his wandering hands.

He is better than Hillary was but neither could have been elected as dog catcher.  Put the old folks in a nursing home and find some people who can actually run the country. 

36 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No depravity there. The depravity is in the minds of people that think he is sexual abuser. He is not. None of the women that have complained have even accused him of that. He invades people's space is all. It's his nature. It's innocent. 

You're probably right, but it is as depraved as "Trump is Russian agent " we heard for 2 years from the failed coup plotters.

4 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

He is better than Hillary was but neither could have been elected as dog catcher.  Put the old folks in a nursing home and find some people who can actually run the country. 

run the country....into the ground.

The issue of the next decade or two is going to be healthcare. I personally do not think Biden has a stance that is feasible. The numbers are clear, people have finally woken up and realized single payer is the only way to go. All the data is out there, the charts that show US spending on health vs efficacy are absolutely tragic. These charts need to be circulated more, more people will include themselves in the current 70% or so who support a single payer idealism. And candidates like Biden who benefit from great healthcare themselves, but who do not have a clue what it is like to be without it and worrying about bills when you are in the hospital trying to recover need to be a thing of the past. 

The Dems (and indeed the GOP) need to learn the basic lesson:  you can't have guns AND butter.  It may have escaped Americans' notice, but most of the European countries with single-payer (type) health-care systems spend a minuscule amount on things military.

But of course, as we learned with the bail-out of Wall Street, you can always print money....so maybe America will finally have squared the circle and can have guns AND butter.

20 hours ago, smutcakes said:

A lot, if he wins the nomination.

Bouncy Biden is already running against 45 with his opening Charlottesville themed video he successfully baited "trump" to double down on his pandering to white nationalists AGAIN. No other democrat is running directly against "trump" yet. "trump" is trash tweeting back. It's way early but that's the way to be taken seriously, ignore the democratic challengers and eyes on the prize, the white house.

Headline and first three sentences included

As Trump stands by Charlottesville remarks, rise of white-nationalist violence becomes an issue in 2020 presidential race

First came Joe Biden’s campaign announcement video highlighting President Trump’s “very fine people on both sides” comment about the 2017 white-nationalist rally in Charlottesville that left a counterprotester dead.

Then Trump dug in, arguing that he was referring not to the self-professed neo-Nazi marchers, but to those who had opposed the removal of a statue of the “great” Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee.

Less than 24 hours later came another act of violence described by authorities as a hate crime: Saturday’s shooting at a synagogue in Poway, Calif., in which a gunman killed one person and injured three others.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/as-trump-stands-by-charlottesville-remarks-rise-of-white-nationalist-violence-becomes-an-issue-in-2020-presidential-race/2019/04/28/83aaf1ca-69c0-11e9-a66d-a82d3f3d96d5_story.html

I'm glad Biden decided to enter the race because he provides a real intra-party contrast for Democrats. Democrats need to figure out what their party stands for in this present era.  Biden comes off as pretty "old school establishment" and that doesn't distinguish him much from a Republican. And if that is true, he'll likely lose. Maybe not the primaries but certainly the general election.

https://www.vox.com/2019/4/26/18515699/joe-biden-2020-presidential-campaign-medicare-for-all

https://news.yahoo.com/bernie-sanders-v-democratic-establishment-100014273.html

25 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I'm glad Biden decided to enter the race because he provides a real intra-party contrast for Democrats. Democrats need to figure out what their party stands for in this present era.  Biden comes off as pretty "old school establishment" and that doesn't distinguish him much from a Republican. And if that is true, he'll likely lose. Maybe not the primaries but certainly the general election.

https://www.vox.com/2019/4/26/18515699/joe-biden-2020-presidential-campaign-medicare-for-all

https://news.yahoo.com/bernie-sanders-v-democratic-establishment-100014273.html

I disagree we need an experienced hand to rite the ship of state and get her back on course I think the majority of Americans are tired of being lied to and trolled by Donald and mr Biden is just the man to do it 

6 minutes ago, Tug said:

I disagree we need an experienced hand to rite the ship of state and get her back on course I think the majority of Americans are tired of being lied to and trolled by Donald and mr Biden is just the man to do it 

You don't think any of the other Democrats are capable of that? Biden is not going to win and his sponsors don't care if he beats Trump or not. They only care if he beats his more progressive primary opponents. 

Biden is hammering Trump on the economy, which is about all that Trump has....along with his one legislative achievement--tax cuts for corporations and the wealthy.  And the reality of the Trump economy is....

[The rich got their Trump tax cut. GDP looks good. And the stock market is doing great for people with money to invest. But it is only the rich who get the big rewards in Trump's economy.

What about the middle class?

Wages remain stagnant. Trump's trade wars are hurting farmers. Coal mines keep closing. Teachers in several states have been on strike.]

[Meanwhile, never forget that 83 percent of the benefits of Trump's tax cut will in the long run go to the nation's wealthiest 1 percent, according to the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center.

That adds up to a big fail on Trump's promise to boost the middle class.]

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/juan-williams-the-reality-of-the-trump-economy/ar-BBWoE1E?ocid=wispr

6 minutes ago, Tug said:

Gas food materials everything is more expensive as well trumps economy is a bust for the middle class and worse for the poor

Is it finally the "Trump Economy"? I figured we'd wait till the next recession before we handed any credit for the economy over to him. 

1 minute ago, lannarebirth said:

Is it finally the "Trump Economy"? I figured we'd wait till the next recession before we handed any credit for the economy over to him. 

Good one lol it’s just so lopsided everything he is doing imo

In a world where you're so insecure about your own identity that you need to steal Niel Kinnock's biography, you should be forever out of the picture. But it turns out Joe was just bidin' time. And he finally has an opponent so miserable, so full of lies and corruption, that ole man Joe just might have a chance.

46 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Except for the tax cut, Trump doesn't have much to do with the the economy.  But he keeps taking credit for it, so let him have it.  If the next election was about character, integrity, courage, or morality, Trump wouldn't have a chance.  But since he wants to make it about the economy....we'll see. 

14 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Except for the tax cut, Trump doesn't have much to do with the the economy.  But he keeps taking credit for it, so let him have it.  If the next election was about character, integrity, courage, or morality, Trump wouldn't have a chance.  But since he wants to make it about the economy....we'll see. 

Trump doesn't have any more to do with the economy than the last president did, or the one before that. We don't have business cycles anymore, we have credit cycles and those are entirely the domain of The Fed.

I watched Biden's opening campaign rally in Pennsylvania. He's running against "trump" directly. "trump" is being effectively baited and responding a lot. That elevates Biden and may serve to deflect the mountain of incoming attacks he can now expect from democratic challengers. Biden has run multiple times before but never in his unique position. Starting as the front runner. Starting as having much more experience than any other choice. I don't know if he will be able to stick to this tactic, going directly against 45, but it certainly is an interesting play, and so far even though very early, seems to be working really really well. 

Let's not be naïve.

The choice the democrats need to make is complex.

It is not only to choose the best candidate to further the democratic party agenda, it is also to pick the candidate with the best chance to defeat an incumbent president which is always an uphill battle, and will be so this time even with such a disgracefully corrupt one.

He's making the case that he's the one best positioned to do that. I have no idea if he's right or not, but a lot of the debate is going to be about that very question. 

OK, I think this is significant.

As many know, some of the candidates are weighing in on their views about impeaching "trump" or not.

Well, Biden, who is no doubt the most moderate of the top tier choices, has done a kind of surprising thing.

He has said, because of 45's obstruction of congress (refusing to cooperate at all with any oversight) that impeaching him will be necessary. 
Of course he's right.

It's the constitutional duty of congress at this point.

The question of the political wisdom is another matter, but it seems to me if Biden is already there, the chances of it actually happened were just raised greatly. 

It's my understanding that obstruction of congress was one of the impeachment charges against Nixon, who of course resigned before fully facing the process.

2 minutes ago, losworld said:

Biden will be cannon fodder for trump with his slurring speech and fast hands lol...  watch the video and can anyone say this is a serious contender lol

https://news.grabien.com/story-old-man-joe-biden-slurs-his-way-through-first-speech-preside

Cherry picked for a hit piece. That the best you got? Good luck!

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

OK, I think this is significant.

As many know, some of the candidates are weighing in on their views about impeaching "trump" or not.

Well, Biden, who is no doubt the most moderate of the top tier choices, has done a kind of surprising thing.

He has said, because of 45's obstruction of congress (refusing to cooperate at all with any oversight) that impeaching him will be necessary. 
Of course he's right.

It's the constitutional duty of congress at this point.

The question of the political wisdom is another matter, but it seems to me if Biden is already there, the chances of it actually happened were just raised greatly. 

It's my understanding that obstruction of congress was one of the impeachment charges against Nixon, who of course resigned before fully facing the process.

Doesn't it bother you that Biden's primary support is from corporate fundraising, and that that support is in order for Biden to knock out other Democrats who they see as dangerous to their interests? I don't think they care one way or the other if he goes on to beat Trump. They win either way at that point. Maybe his financing dries up after the primaries.

3 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Doesn't it bother you that Biden's primary support is from corporate fundraising, and that that support is in order for Biden to knock out other Democrats who they see as dangerous to their interests? I don't think they care one way or the other if he goes on to beat Trump. They win either way at that point. Maybe his financing dries up after the primaries.

You'd be best to investigate his son's dealings with the Ukraine govt and his appointment to a large company there... very sketchy...

Archived