Former Vice President Biden launches White House bid as Democrat frontrunner

snoop1130

11 minutes ago, losworld said:

You'd be best to investigate his son's dealings with the Ukraine govt and his appointment to a large company there... very sketchy...

Go ahead and investigate anything you like!

But first allow congressional oversight of the current sitting and trash tweeting president. 

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

Biden's campaign acronym says it all:  MAMA!

Really needs to replace the person who came up with that acronym / slogan.

On 4/30/2019 at 10:53 AM, lannarebirth said:

Trump doesn't have any more to do with the economy than the last president did, or the one before that. We don't have business cycles anymore, we have credit cycles and those are entirely the domain of The Fed.

Wrong. While it's usually the case that Presidents don't have much to do with the economy, the exception is when a major financial crisis hits then a President has plenty to do with the economy. Consider Franklin Roosevelt during the Great Depression. Or Barack Obama during the Great Recession. 

http://www.igmchicago.org/surveys/economic-stimulus

I gotta say Americans really are clueless. The thing that could likely take B Sanders out of the race is the ONE THING Americans should actually praise. They are just way too dense a voting populace at this point to realize it for some reason. 

When a candidate says something that makes you feel uncomfortable, like mass murderers getting to vote, that should be the ONE TIME their ears actually perk up and they realize someone is actually speaking from the heart, and is not just a political puppet trying to satisfy the mob. For you know at that point he is telling it like it is, not just wasting everyone's time by saying whatever he thinks everyone wants to hear. 

I think he has already changed the landscape of American politics without being the president. But honestly the voting populace really needs to wise up. 

3 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Wrong. While it's usually the case that Presidents don't have much to do with the economy, the exception is when a major financial crisis hits then a President has plenty to do with the economy. Consider Franklin Roosevelt during the Great Depression. Or Barack Obama during the Great Recession. 

http://www.igmchicago.org/surveys/economic-stimulus

Barack Obama and FDR compared?  New Deal amounted to 40% of the nation's output. Recovery Act 5.7% of the nation's output most of which went to pay the salaries of state and local government workers.

I gotta say Americans really are clueless. The thing that could likely take B Sanders out of the race is the ONE THING Americans should actually praise. They are just way too dense a voting populace at this point to realize it for some reason. 

When a candidate says something that makes you feel uncomfortable, like mass murderers getting to vote, that should be the ONE TIME their ears actually perk up and they realize someone is actually speaking from the heart, and is not just a political puppet trying to satisfy the mob. For you know at that point he is telling it like it is, not just wasting everyone's time by saying whatever he thinks everyone wants to hear. 

I think he has already changed the landscape of American politics without being the president. But honestly the voting populace really needs to wise up. 

I disagree. It shows poor judgment. He just gave a second term to 45 if he manages to get nominated. One thing you might not realize about American politics. Right wingers can get away with tons more base fringe stuff than left wingers. Many reasons but largely because the US overall is a center right country. Universal health care is a majority mainstream desire now so that's not risky. Voting rights for terrorists not so much. Who is the constituency for that. Bernie is authentic. Too authentic for his own good. Ba-bye Bernie. Watch him sink. Warren will emerge in his lane.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 7:19 AM, lannarebirth said:

I'm glad Biden decided to enter the race because he provides a real intra-party contrast for Democrats. Democrats need to figure out what their party stands for in this present era.  Biden comes off as pretty "old school establishment" and that doesn't distinguish him much from a Republican. And if that is true, he'll likely lose. Maybe not the primaries but certainly the general election.

https://www.vox.com/2019/4/26/18515699/joe-biden-2020-presidential-campaign-medicare-for-all

https://news.yahoo.com/bernie-sanders-v-democratic-establishment-100014273.html

Can anyone name a serious Democrat policy that isn't "Trump, Trump, Trump?

They've become so obsessed with Trump I think they believe they can win just by running against Trump.

Can no longer take Biden seriously. Here he is on China: “I mean, you know, they’re not bad folks, folks. But guess what? They’re not competition for us.”  It appears he is a Chinese mouthpiece. Bernie it is, then. https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/biden-says-china-is-not-competition-for-us-prompting-pushback-from-republicans/2019/05/01/4ae4e738-6c68-11e9-a66d-a82d3f3d96d5_story.html?utm_term=.d42ce05b7300

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I disagree. It shows poor judgment. He just gave a second term to 45 if he manages to get nominated. One thing you might not realize about American politics. Right wingers can get away with tons more base fringe stuff than left wingers. Many reasons but largely because the US overall is a center right country. Universal health care is a majority mainstream desire now so that's not risky. Voting rights for terrorists not so much. Who is the constituency for that. Bernie is authentic. Too authentic for his own good. Ba-bye Bernie. Watch him sink. Warren will emerge in his lane.

Oh please, let Warren be the one. The debates will be legendary.

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Let's just compare this to other statements made by presidential hopefuls to give us perspective. Because, it is all about what we want to hear. That is the sad part.

For example, "no new taxes". Would anyone every win a primary saying "there will be new taxes"? Bernie essentially said that about voting rights.

Now, we can argue whether that was a smart move or not all day. But, what we can't do is blame the system and the politicians. We are the ones at fault. Because when we finally get someone who tells us things we do not want to hear, and then reject them immediately, we are at fault. We propagate the lies.  Not the politicians, but us. We only allow people to win who spew endless fluff. 

5 minutes ago, cbtstorm said:

"never underestimate your enemy" got it.

still a funny pic you have to admit.

Enemies. You got that right. That's what U.S. politics has come to. Candidates like Bouncy Biden are hoping to begin the healing process to start to fix that. Reelecting divisive "trump" will only make it worse, much worse.

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Enemies. You got that right. That's what U.S. politics has come to. Candidates like Bouncy Biden are hoping to begin the healing process to start to fix that. Reelecting divisive "trump" will only make it worse, much worse.

still a funny pic.

havent heard "bouncy biden" before. I heard China Joe.

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They've become so obsessed with Trump I think they believe they can win just by running against Trump.

Aside from Biden I think most of the Democrat contenders are running on their own platforms. 

The whole impeachment thing is a distraction IMO and will not help the undercard on the Democrat side. It may help Biden through the primaries and that's really all his candidacy is about, knocking out any candidates that might change the status quo.

4 hours ago, beechguy said:

Biden may be the best choice, considering the remainder of the field. However, considering his track record, I don't understand why anyone would want the guy in the WH. 

Yea all that experience and the connections with world leaders oh the horrors my god he even knows the constitution and isent a criminal oh the horrors common we need stability and to address some of the issues Donald is using to divide us 

19 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Green New Deal. M4A. Consumer Protection. Money Out of Politics. Student Debt. Infrastructure. 

Where have you been?

So far only sniffin' Joe is "Trump, Trump, Trump", because he can't win on his ideas (does he have any?) or his abysmal voting record.

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I don't want imprisoned terrorists to vote and I doubt very many other people do either. Pick your fights wisely.

As with freedom of speech, voting rights should be an entrenched right in a democracy. You seem far to comfortable with the erosion of this right and your position helps no one but the voting rights suppressors and district jerrymanderers. 

Your irrational fear of a micro-minority (terrorists) voting is a hilarious straw-man and has no more relation to reality than the GOP's claim of millions of illegals voting in order to manipulate voters rights.

As with other issues of this type, there is objective precident in other western nations proving that released felons voting is a non-issue. But further disenfranchising people of colour (who were/are convicted for non-violent crimes at a demonstrably disproportionate rate) is just another form of institutional racism.

Archived