Americans Please Dont Look At This

Land of the Free........free to be stupid!!

Yes, my countrypersons have fallen far, far indeed. Now I hope you understand why any American with half an IQ point wants to leave.

I know there are smart Americans but this example is common. We have shows that make fun of the pathetic level of education our nation has sunk to. It's funny, many of us know we have a problem, yet nothing seems to be able to help.

In the end I laugh along with the rest who get the joke while holding back tears of saddness.

:o

Yep, this is no surprise.

But would Thais do much better?

Ok I quickly did a set of the questions and asked our office staff ALL of whom have University Degrees in various fields including Engineering.

If you think these Americans are dumb - then you will be deeply depressed with the Thais

As an example not one of the 20 we have in the main office could identify Australia, Canada, France, or the United States on a map despite all being able to read at least some English and having the names written CORRECTLY on the page

Apparently Australia is most commonly found next to Brazil - explains why we like coffee so much I guess

A deeply saddened and depressed Crow Boy who is wondering just how badly the average Australian would do in a similar poll

:o

Yes, my countrypersons have fallen far, far indeed. Now I hope you understand why any American with half an IQ point wants to leave.

I know there are smart Americans but this example is common. We have shows that make fun of the pathetic level of education our nation has sunk to. It's funny, many of us know we have a problem, yet nothing seems to be able to help.

In the end I laugh along with the rest who get the joke while holding back tears of saddness.

Yep...lots of 'saddness' (sic) going around... :o

BECLOWNING, once again. As usual, it's self-inflicted :D

Yep...lots of 'saddness' (sic) going around... :o

BECLOWNING, once again. As usual, it's self-inflicted :D

Eh? :D Sorry, Boon, you know how slow I can be.

There are other countries outside of America?

America doesn't begin with a U, idiots.

What kind of questions are these?

You are joking right? Please tell me you are joking! :o

And they laughed at me when they asked me the stupid questions on that video.

Nope - I think he is serious which makes it all the worse

It's funny and sad at the same time.

However, I agree with some previous posters that the average-man-in-the-street ALL OVER THE WORLD...doesn't have a clue about other foreign countries, languages, governments or where the countries are on the -blind- worldmap.

These kind of 'interviews' have been done in Europe as well.....the answers you see are unbelievable!

They just don't know and, what's more scary...they don't care. :D

Thai people always ask you "hello, where you from?".....I always answered: 'Liechtenstein' :o One funny waiter on the beach frowned....than smiled and said: 'YES, I know.....close America, Yes?'.

I said: very good; he smiled and I made him happy. :D

LaoPo

Thai people always ask you "hello, where you from?".....I always answered: 'Liechtenstein' :o One funny waiter on the beach frowned....than smiled and said: 'YES, I know.....close America, Yes?'.

LaoPo[/color]

:D ....................................... :D .................... "YES, I know............. birthplace of Frankenstein, Yes?" :D

Sadly, I believe that a similar test in the UK (with a suitably British slant of course) would produce a similar result :o

Classic a couple of years back. A Uk breakfast TV show held a phone-in to see how many Brits knew the correct way up for the Union Flag (incorrectly called the Union Jack), an amazing 50% didn't know it HAD a right way up, let alone which way it was :D :D

Nope - I think he is serious which makes it all the worse

:D