How to stay 4 months in thailand with a usa passport

You’d need to get it in the US from the Thai Embassy or one of the consulates.

If you can’t get one before leaving you could enter using VE, get 30 days and extend by 30 days. At the end of 60 days you could exit/re-enter by land for another 30 days and extend that too by 30 days, OR after 60 days spend one/two nights in Loas and apply for a Tourist visa that would give you 60 days on entry.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, elviajero said:

You’d need to get it in the US from the Thai Embassy or one of the consulates.

If you can’t get one before leaving you could enter using VE, get 30 days and extend by 30 days. At the end of 60 days you could exit/re-enter by land for another 30 days and extend that too by 30 days, OR after 60 days spend one/two nights in Loas and apply for a Tourist visa that would give you 60 days on entry.

I would go to a consulate because they're way more easygoing and you're dealing with your own folks. 

• Confused 2

Fly in obtain visa exempt 30 day. Obtain 30 extension as outlined above. Then cross a friendly (normal) border such as Vientiane and reenter again visa exempt extend again. Personally I would obtain TV as mentioned by elviajero

6 hours ago, Jame1982 said:

How do i get a Tourist Visa, Is this something I can get in BKK airport when i land there  .   I normally  go without having any thai visa  in my passport and  I get that 30 day 

Have you checked a Thai embassy website? 

Edited by onera1961

6 minutes ago, Jame1982 said:

I checked but it was hard understanding . the problem is to goto nearest thai embassy it takes 8 to 10 hour  and  lot of expenses  . 

You can usually apply for a Tourist Visa (SETV) by mail, if you have enough time before your trip.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

You can usually apply for a Tourist Visa (SETV) by mail, if you have enough time before your trip.

that is a bit hard for me as I go without proper planning . so  trying to know the alternatives in case if I cannot

39 minutes ago, Jame1982 said:

that is a bit hard for me as I go without proper planning . so  trying to know the alternatives in case if I cannot

In that case, you could do extension + a border-bounce + extension added to your original 30-days upon entry.  Or, combine an extension with a trip-out for a Tourist Visa from a nearby country.

2 hours ago, Jame1982 said:

I checked but it was hard understanding . the problem is to goto nearest thai embassy it takes 8 to 10 hour  and  lot of expenses  . 

The embassy is located in Washington DC. There are official consulates in New York, Chicago and Los Angeles. You can apply by mail to any to them.

There are also several honorary consulates where you can apply in person. See: https://thaiembdc.org/royal-thai-honorary-consulates-general-in-the-u-s/

• Like 1

Or you can get an METV and then you can leave, then return by flight.

Maybe you should do some proper planning. There are windows. You don't have to enter on a specific date. So you can be a little sloppy in your planning. Would save you some hassle. 

Funny, because a little advance visa planning would save you from having to do so much planning as to how to stay for four months. IMHO

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Jame1982 said:

Do the application by mail

On 4/27/2019 at 2:00 AM, Isaanbiker said:

I would go to a consulate because they're way more easygoing and you're dealing with your own folks. 

Explain at the consulate tell them what you want I'm sure they will put you right. If you are 50 yo get a none Imm category 0 ,90 days visa.

Edited by Percy P

On 4/27/2019 at 6:21 PM, elgenon said:

Or you can get an METV and then you can leave, then return by flight.

Maybe you should do some proper planning. There are windows. You don't have to enter on a specific date. So you can be a little sloppy in your planning. Would save you some hassle. 

Funny, because a little advance visa planning would save you from having to do so much planning as to how to stay for four months. IMHO

yes planning is where  i have issue   . ????