Visa Extension In Thailand Or 60 Day Tourist Visa In Cambodia?

Hello all...

I am currently in Thailand on a 60 day tourist visa (that I got in the US) that expires mid-April. My goal is to stay until mid-June, which would require me to get another 60 days somehow.

Would it be possible to do this in one or both of the following ways:

Get a 30-day (?) extension in Thailand, and then leave the country after this new 30 days (after a total of 90 days) and re-enter, for another 30 (total 120) days??

Go to Cambodia after the 60 days is up and get another 60 day visa from the Thai Embassy there??

Or do both of these violate the new restrictions? I can't really tell from what I have been reading on here.

Any help is much appreciated!

Getting a visa in Cambodia is not the most pleasant experience for most people. If you need to obtain the visa would recommend another country to obtain it in.

Just extending and then making a visa free entry should work.

Getting a visa in Cambodia is not the most pleasant experience for most people. If you need to obtain the visa would recommend another country to obtain it in.

Just extending and then making a visa free entry should work.

Thanks very much for the info.

Unfortunately, I have to be in Cambodia for at least a little while at some point, so no choice there. What is so bad about the visa experience there? (just so I am prepared....)

It is good to hear that getting a 30 day extension won't be a problem for me, because other people had told me that sometimes they only give 10 days. Is this not true?

Thanks again :o

A 60 day entry tourist visa always receives a 30 day extension of you ask for it. Ten days used to be provided by some immigration offices for a 30 day entry without visa - but new policy seems to be 7 days for anything other than a tourist visa 30 day extension.

Is it possible to combine a tourist visa (60-day single entry) with the visa upon arrival (30-day max 90 day stay)?

I'm a US citizen who arrived in Thailand with the visa upon arrival, and I'll be here for 5 months in total, but sadly didn't get a tourist visa while I was back home. I was planning on going to Cambodia to get a tourist visa. I understand that the majority of the countries surrounding Thailand only issue the 60-day single entry visas; however, I haven't been able to confirm this.

I was planning on leaving the country when my 30 days are up and entering Cambodia where I'd get a 60-day tourist visa. After that expires, I'd plan on using my other two 30-day visa upon arrivals. Will this work? If not, what are my other options?