Lawyer for traffic 'offence'?

Orton Rd

20 hours ago, Jitar said:

Glad to hear the police did the right thing in you son's case and hope your son is OK.  I had a similar case many years ago with a BKK taxi running into the back of my car when I was stopped at red light.  A traffic cop witnessed the incident and the police dealt with the matter fairly. 

However in a few other cases with our work vehicles, police clearly had different motives.  These cases were not involving foreigners.  This myth about police targeting foreign drivers is not always correct, but they do not always behave correctly either.  From what I have seen over the years, the police response is extremely variable.  If the police response is OK - fine, if not get a lawyer or a least a good Thai negotiator. 

Thanks for the kind words.

You're right. The way the police deals with a case depends completely on the officer.

Glad to hear the police did the right thing in you son's case and hope your son is OK.  I had a similar case many years ago with a BKK taxi running into the back of my car when I was stopped at red light.  A traffic cop witnessed the incident and the police dealt with the matter fairly. 

However in a few other cases with our work vehicles, police clearly had different motives.  These cases were not involving foreigners.  This myth about police targeting foreign drivers is not always correct, but they do not always behave correctly either.  From what I have seen over the years, the police response is extremely variable.  If the police response is OK - fine, if not get a lawyer or a least a good Thai negotiator. 

More often than not, if one party has good insurance (like a typical company vehicle) and one does not, the good insurance is at fault...

On 5/7/2019 at 7:04 AM, JoeW said:

Thanks for the kind words.

You're right. The way the police deals with a case depends completely on the officer.

Add the attitude/behaviors of those involved in the accident to that.

Archived