Importing Two Dogs

Hi

We are moving to Phuket next month and the rules and regs are a nightmare, can anyone help me please?

The dogs are fully vaccinated and DEFRA rules have been followed {UK]

DEFRA say there is no need for an import certificate from the UK, Thai consul Hull says same. However Airline says you need an import certificate as does Thai Embassy London.

I asked how to get form and they said you have have to collect one in person from the Dept of livestock development in BKK IN PERSON!! This is a bit difficult from Manchester.

Can anyone help please, I have scrolled through the site but everyones story seems to contradict each other.

Cheers

Stuart

did you check out the thread pinned at the top? here.

As well as this thread here.

I suspect everyone's story is different because requirements vary from airline to airline and ag officer to ag officer.

Best to get everything and then, if you don't need it it won't matter but if you do you'll have it

I've just imported two dogs from the Uk into Thailand. They both came as cargo as i was already based here in Thailand. I used a company in the UK to export them and a shipping agent in Bangkok to handle things this end. The company in the UK required export permits for both dogs. The shipping agent in Bangkok applied for these permits and then e-mailed a copy to the company back in the UK. I tried to do all, the process of impoting my dogs alone at first, but found it so much easier paying some one else to do this for me and i don't think it really worked out to be any more expensive. If any one wants the details of the companies i used please pm me. I can highly recommend both companies.